It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught ma

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Greatest I am

I am not grovelling. To grovel would imply injustice. He created us and so it is only fair that he gets to make the rules.

And to answer the Job thing for you; I think he was teaching Satan a lesson 'cause Satan complained like you are now.

I think you're complaining about what you do not understand. None of us can truly answer for God so probably it's best if you pray and ask him yourself.

He was being manipulated by Satan and said that Satan moved him to hurt Job without cause. Go read it for yourself then come back and learn more of your genocidal son murdering God of war.
Read the word carefully.

As to God being the creator.
Compare and wonder about his perfect creating ability.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

You are exceedingly arrogant, and yeah you need to repent big time.

Just look at the name you use and all the content you post here - just look at it as if you were another reader..

Still judging I see.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There is no common ground and no discussing ideas with someone who judges the god of Love (in Jesus) and who calls himself the greatest I am (as if greater than Jesus).

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Get into the topic. Morality is the issue. Not me.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the purpose of discussing ideas with someone who is, by definition, delusional -- treating things he says are fictions as points of factual debate.

How are you on the real morality of Harry Potter (the person, not the book)?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

There is no common ground and no discussing ideas with someone who judges the god of Love (in Jesus) and who calls himself the greatest I am (as if greater than Jesus).

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I am his brethren and that is why I know that your interpretation of Jesus is false.

The fact that your only argument against me is to go for the personal shows this quite clearly to me and the lurkers.

You may want your children to be less than you are but God has a higher standard for his children.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Obviously, you don't realize that Jesus himself said that his father was the same God as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob's. You know, the one you keep blaspheming!

Why do you want to make up your own definition of Jesus and God outside of what's written in the Bible?

Where are you getting your information from?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Obviously, you don't realize that Jesus himself said that his father was the same God as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob's. You know, the one you keep blaspheming!

Why do you want to make up your own definition of Jesus and God outside of what's written in the Bible?

Where are you getting your information from?

How could Jesus have live way back before his mother was even born or there for God to sin towards by coveting another man's woman?

Not to mention his great example of what a dead beat dad would do and just take off.

As to me and my beliefs. Logic and reason started me toward apotheosis and arguing religion and morals did the rest.

Lend me your ear.
The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheep where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

edit on 13-3-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheep where Gnostic Christians are goats.

Well, if it's any consolation to you, it's been historically documented that the Gnostic Christians followed doctrine that arose out of a mythos that was fabricated over a hundred years after Christ died, meaning that there is no chance whatsoever that he was the Bringer of Gnosis, so you're not missing out on anything for not knowing what it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So, basically, you have a lower spirit telling you not to accept any God. That's typical. That's how they work.

In the meanwhile, you have Jesus telling people who God is. Who are you going to believe?

Matthew 22:29-32

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

The problem with your moral vs. immoral point of view, is that you are continually looking at it from a human standpoint. Your thoughts aren't God's thoughts and your ways aren't God's ways.

Isaiah 55:7-9

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

As proof that Jesus was indeed the Son of God from the Old Testament, Jesus quoted from over 60 scriptures throughout 24 different books of the Old Testament. He quoted Yahweh himself. Jesus said he came to fulfill the scriptures that were written in the Old Testament.

Luke 24:44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

In essence, when you reject Jesus' father, you're rejecting Jesus too without even knowing it. This is what the lower spirits want you to do. Don't listen to them.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Oh goodness .... you'll like my thread from a few years ago ...
ATS Thread - Is God a Dead Beat Dad?
I'm still trying to figure it all out ....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Well, if it's any consolation to you, it's been historically documented that the Gnostic Christians followed doctrine that arose out of a mythos that was fabricated over a hundred years after Christ died, meaning that there is no chance whatsoever that he was the Bringer of Gnosis, so you're not missing out on anything for not knowing what it is.

Gnostics were around before Christianity but became Gnostic Christians after Christianity took over.
There have always been people well grounded in reality and not willing to give up reason and logic for faith in what can only be called speculative nonsense like miracles and magic.

Finding a better moral system than what Christianity offers is hardly a waste of time.
Unless you think man should adore a genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So, basically, you have a lower spirit telling you not to accept any God. That's typical. That's how they work.

In the meanwhile, you have Jesus telling people who God is. Who are you going to believe?

Matthew 22:29-32

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

The problem with your moral vs. immoral point of view, is that you are continually looking at it from a human standpoint. Your thoughts aren't God's thoughts and your ways aren't God's ways.

Isaiah 55:7-9

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

As proof that Jesus was indeed the Son of God from the Old Testament, Jesus quoted from over 60 scriptures throughout 24 different books of the Old Testament. He quoted Yahweh himself. Jesus said he came to fulfill the scriptures that were written in the Old Testament.

Luke 24:44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

In essence, when you reject Jesus' father, you're rejecting Jesus too without even knowing it. This is what the lower spirits want you to do. Don't listen to them.

Wow. I see a blind man telling me to follow his God while not doing so himself.

"Your thoughts aren't God's thoughts and your ways aren't God's ways."

This tells me that you do not know God's ways yet want me to follow them. How can I when you cannot tell me what they are?

Further, you have to ignore what your God said to maintain your view.

In a moral sense which is the important sense, your God said that we humans do think the way he does.

They have become as Gods in knowing good and evil.
A & E stepped up and you say we cannot thus ignoring what God said and in effect saying that God lied.

And you want me to follow your advice and also call God a liar. You say I heard an evil spirit while giving me advice that Satan would endorse.

Get thee behind me Satan.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Oh goodness .... you'll like my thread from a few years ago ...
ATS Thread - Is God a Dead Beat Dad?
I'm still trying to figure it all out ....

The evidence, if we can call it that, clearly shows him that way.
I'll zip over and check your O P.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Just because man has the ability to tell the difference between good and evil doesn't make them God.

The point of my previous post is that you obviously can't reconcile God in the Old Testament with Jesus in the New Testament in your mind. You can't comprehend it no matter what Jesus says, so why should anyone believe you over Jesus? Why should anyone think you have a better understanding of Jesus and who he is when you don't even listen to who Jesus says he is? It's as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Just because man has the ability to tell the difference between good and evil doesn't make them God.

The point of my previous post is that you obviously can't reconcile God in the Old Testament with Jesus in the New Testament in your mind. You can't comprehend it no matter what Jesus says, so why should anyone believe you over Jesus? Why should anyone think you have a better understanding of Jesus and who he is when you don't even listen to who Jesus says he is? It's as simple as that.

You deny what Jesus said is your inheritance and do not know your own bible and all the quotes where Jesus elevates you.

I will give you this as your last and ignore your poor mind if you cannot get out of your stagnant dogmatic unthinking sheeple pen.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You're the one who doesn't understand the Bible.

You're not even making sense any longer. What is your point in your last post?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You're the one who doesn't understand the Bible.

You're not even making sense any longer. What is your point in your last post?

You say I do not understand the bible, implying that you do, and when I give you a biblical quote you cannot even understand what it says.

I advise you to watch that clip till your stagnant mind open.

We are done. I have no time for those who refuse to think. Sorry.

Ps 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

Hosea 1:10
Ye are the sons of the living God.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You say I do not understand the bible, implying that you do, and when I give you a biblical quote you cannot even understand what it says.

I understand what the verse says, but what does it mean to you? Those who are predestined to conform to Christ's image are those who believe what Christ had to say in the first place, and you've proven that you don't.

Ps 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

Men who were given authority to judge other people were called gods. So what? It only means that they were given authority to judge. They abused that power and were condemned. They were supposed to be taking care of widows and orphans and they threw the widows out of their homes and took their homes away from them instead. Read Deuteronomy, 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Samuel and then you'll get a better idea of who these judges are. They all lost their positions as "gods" and "sons of the Most High".

Hosea 1:10
Ye are the sons of the living God.

Anyone who followed God instead of other gods was called "sons of God". So, what is your point?

It was the Christians who were being spoken to here. They were being warned against false accusations by the Pharisees, who were the ones previously in charge of judging people and upholding the law, but they failed. Jesus knew the Pharisees would continue to go around preaching false doctrine and claiming to be something they were not and he didn't want the Christians to be fooled. The Christians were to keep the words of Christ in their heart until he returned to claim them and take them to the place that he prepared for them.

John 14:1-3

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

edit on 16-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

Hosea 1:10 Ye are the sons of the living God.

This makes them Gods W I P. Works in progress.

Unfortunately, most refuse to climb Jacob’s ladder as we all must to find our God within.

Christians refuse to accept and have rejected their predestined fate and be brethren to Jesus and God.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Christian tradition and dogma has taught Christians to reject Jesus. How sad for them.

You have done the same by seeking a God without when you are God and will not try to find him within.

You are seeking without, here, when you should be seeking within.

I cannot do better at advising you than this man can. Listen to him.

www.youtube.com...

Jesus, shamans and all the sages had the same message. That is likely what led the Vatican to have their biggest sculpture as being the representation of the pineal gland that opens the third eye of enlightenment.

Seek and ye shall find.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join