It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught ma

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man?

Does God the Father have any moral responsibility to his children?

I think so. God the Father’s first responsibility to his children is to insure that they live. God the Father does not do so. Is God the Father moral or immoral for this sin of omission?

Human Fathers have as their first moral responsibility the protection of their children and a strong duty to insure that they live. Our laws make parents morally and legally responsible for the wellbeing of their children. If God the Father were just one of many Gods in a God society, that society would demand that he take responsibility in the same way human society has decided that a human child’s parent must take responsibilities.

I believe that if a God the Father society were real, they would demand this of God as care/harm and reciprocity are the corner stones of all moral systems and because man, a moral creature, demands that of himself and others and that should be the universal standard.

The fact that God the Father punishes or rewards us seems to indicate that he at least thinks that he has some moral responsibility to his children. If not, he could not morally retain the right to punish or reward. That being the case, it would be immoral for God to passively and negligently allow any of his children to die or take any active part in killing them.

God is doing these immoral, unethical and satanic things constantly.

Man seems to have developed a better moral code than God the Father.

What a game for your God the Father to play!
Create a place for eternal bliss on earth and heaven as well as a place for eternal suffering or death. Then he creates beings that he loves dearly and watches over. And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering or death and which to cling to and love in the place of eternal bliss. Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible, moral and ethical to his children than God the Father is to his.

Is man more moral, ethical, responsible and loving than God the Father?

Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man?

Should man adore God for teaching us what not to do by his immoral, unethical, irresponsible and unloving example?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
When you say "God the father" what are you referring to? A man sitting in the clouds?

"God the father" has given us life, are you not alive?

How does he punish us? We certainly punish our selves, but "God the father" does not.

How does he punish us?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

if you have a kid and that kid is constantly making trouble with others you are more obligated to teach him, at any cost, to behave and be nice to others. that is what this universe is isn't it? no one really dies, eternally, unless they continue to misbehave?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

What things? Do you have evidence that proves God has done anything that you personally disapprove of?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Lately I have seen many posts scoffing at the notion of a creator and its responsibilities towards humankind. I think it is about time humanity wakes up from this deep slumber of ignorance and self fulfilling blame games towards a source that cannot be defined by mere words.

Stop labeling "Gods" characteristics to that of mankind. You cannot define such a source by cramming it into a box with a human-like persona that it is riddled with petty emotions and child like behavior.

Presuming you are referring the a monotheistic God as the center of the universes creation I implore you to reconsider your opinions. God is not a man in a chair persecuting individuals, God is everything that is. Think about that for a moment.

Think about the notion of creation and the vast complexities of the natural environment and everything that it entails. The complexity in your biological body alone resonates with a universal principle of life. Consider how nature has evolved and is constantly continuing to adapt towards more complex horizons, can you not see that creation is a constant anomaly and not a fixed term. Look at space and how it is constantly expanding and displaying the massive explosions that form the the basis of a remarkable process of creation into stars, then planets, and by some miracle habitable planets.

I hope you can consider all the wondrous events that took place to provide us with this existence is being compromised not by a source of creation, but by us. We take selfishly on so many scales and you want to blame the very principle that put us here. Time to point fingers into mirror. I do it everyday.

Good things

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible, moral and ethical to his children than God the Father is to his.

The biggest mistake that man as well as Satan ever made was thinking they were the "Greatest I am".

What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nope, God is probably facepalming 24/7 and deciding whether to start again or not. I'm sure if hes real he can see things everything we are doing, I'd hate to have that point of view. I reckon I would be enraged

edit on 8-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That being the case, it would be immoral for God to passively and negligently allow any of his children to die or take any active part in killing them.

dying appears bad/cruel/immoral only to the Godless. You can't use atheistic framework of thinking and impose it on God and have the audacity to judge Him by it.
Don't like dying? Too bad! One day we all will.
If there is no God then its more unjust.
A man on a street drives a blade through you and thats your end, no justice, your dreams/plans are gone in a flash. Who cares?!! You are just an evolved animal with a conciousness. An atheist choses this, so live with your choice or change it.

Is man more moral, ethical,
responsible and loving than God the
Father?

NO!
God is perfectly loving,moral and responsible.
Will you keep on feeding an adult son who continuously insults you and even rejects that you are his real dad!!
God is providing even the atheists all their needs.
If it would be otherwise then, as soon as you deny God, you should have dropped dead.
The fact that you are still breathing is proof enough that God is Extremely Merciful!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
When you say "God the father" what are you referring to? A man sitting in the clouds?

"God the father" has given us life, are you not alive?

How does he punish us? We certainly punish our selves, but "God the father" does not.

How does he punish us?

Yes. I am referring to the man in the clouds that Christians believe in.

Prove that God gave you life. You cannot so you should not lie.

How does he punish.

What is hell?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

if you have a kid and that kid is constantly making trouble with others you are more obligated to teach him, at any cost, to behave and be nice to others. that is what this universe is isn't it? no one really dies, eternally, unless they continue to misbehave?

You have no way of knowing if anything is eternal. Do not make statements that are logical fallacies.

As to teaching children sure. But he must be alive to learn. Right?

That is your first priority and should be God's yet it is not.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

What things? Do you have evidence that proves God has done anything that you personally disapprove of?

Not a shred.

Which is just as much as all believers have to show that God exists in the first place.

I, like believers am just going by what people have written and fathomed of the unfathomable God.
IOW, speculative nonsense. Faith without facts is for fools.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice

Lately I have seen many posts scoffing at the notion of a creator and its responsibilities towards humankind. I think it is about time humanity wakes up from this deep slumber of ignorance and self fulfilling blame games towards a source that cannot be defined by mere words.

Stop labeling "Gods" characteristics to that of mankind. You cannot define such a source by cramming it into a box with a human-like persona that it is riddled with petty emotions and child like behavior.

Presuming you are referring the a monotheistic God as the center of the universes creation I implore you to reconsider your opinions. God is not a man in a chair persecuting individuals, God is everything that is. Think about that for a moment.

Think about the notion of creation and the vast complexities of the natural environment and everything that it entails. The complexity in your biological body alone resonates with a universal principle of life. Consider how nature has evolved and is constantly continuing to adapt towards more complex horizons, can you not see that creation is a constant anomaly and not a fixed term. Look at space and how it is constantly expanding and displaying the massive explosions that form the the basis of a remarkable process of creation into stars, then planets, and by some miracle habitable planets.

I hope you can consider all the wondrous events that took place to provide us with this existence is being compromised not by a source of creation, but by us. We take selfishly on so many scales and you want to blame the very principle that put us here. Time to point fingers into mirror. I do it everyday.

Good things

I have no problem with seeing God as a part of nature.

Note how we manipulate nature while believers want God or nature to manipulate us by controlling our minds.

Remember that if you do not manipulate nature and compete like we all must then you will die.

Remember too as you compete that you do evil to those you beat out. But you have no choice.

Please read this and comment there as to not derail here. I think you might agree as you seem aware of evolution.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible, moral and ethical to his children than God the Father is to his.

The biggest mistake that man as well as Satan ever made was thinking they were the "Greatest I am".

What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

Then Satan fooled Jesus.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Jesus states clearly and often in scriptures that we are all to reach Godliness.

If you deny it then you deny God's own word in Eden when he said that A & E had become as Gods.

Try thinking of your dogma and not just swallowing it whole.

As above so below.
What do you want for your children other than to have them be as good as you are and better if they can be?

Why would you think that a God would want anything less for his children if he is the God you follow?

You follow a false God and that is why your God does not take responsibility for his children.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Nope, God is probably facepalming 24/7 and deciding whether to start again or not. I'm sure if hes real he can see things everything we are doing, I'd hate to have that point of view. I reckon I would be enraged

edit on 8-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

Why?

I do not believe he is watching but if he was then he would be pleased to see us heading in the right direction.

If quality of life is measured by health, wealth and education and we think that the moral thing to do is increase these, then mankind is doing quite well.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Then Satan fooled Jesus.

No, Satan fooled you.

We all strive to be like Jesus, but if you think anyone is ever going to come close to what he accomplished while we're here on earth, you've been deceived.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

How can you argue against God's actions yet deny what he says about eternal life? You either have to not accept him as God nor what he says as truth or you have to accept him as God and what he says as truth.

You can't accept him as God but not what he says as truth.

You need to relax and have faith in him and his word.

And there are billions of souls. If some of the souls are being bad then they need to learn to behave.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Why?

I do not believe he is watching but if he was then he would be pleased to see us heading in the right direction.

If quality of life is measured by health, wealth and education and we think that the moral thing to do is increase these, then mankind is doing quite well.

Its great for the people in your country but unfortunetly your country is only one of around 200 and how many of those 200 can you say are living very similar to what you are? Its not about our health, wealth and education because if we used any of those points properly, we would be educating ourselves about why this world is f/d up, why greed is destroying this world and why most of the 200 countries in this world are unhealthy. The world is not the Western world and the world is far from on the right track.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

That being the case, it would be immoral for God to passively and negligently allow any of his children to die or take any active part in killing them.

dying appears bad/cruel/immoral only to the Godless. You can't use atheistic framework of thinking and impose it on God and have the audacity to judge Him by it.

I got rid of the other garbage and lies to deal with this point on it's own.

If we are still chatting after my reply then bring them back one point a time and I will dissuade you of what you think is true.

First. I am not an atheist. I call myself a Gnostic Christian. The kind that Christians murdered when Constantine bought the church.

From your statement, as a God loving person, you must think that death is good and desirable.

If that is the case, and scriptures tell you that most souls will end in hell, then the right thing to do is kill children at as young an age as possible to insure that they go to heaven.

Yet your ilk would end abortions and infantiside.

I hope that the logic trail you put yourself into demonstrates to you how foolish your statement is.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Then Satan fooled Jesus.

No, Satan fooled you.

We all strive to be like Jesus, but if you think anyone is ever going to come close to what he accomplished while we're here on earth, you've been deceived.

They have become as Gods, knowing good and evil.

Call God a liar all you like.

Any God who would want less for his children is less responsible and inferior to man.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

How can you argue against God's actions yet deny what he says about eternal life? You either have to not accept him as God nor what he says as truth or you have to accept him as God and what he says as truth.

You can't accept him as God but not what he says as truth.

You need to relax and have faith in him and his word.

And there are billions of souls. If some of the souls are being bad then they need to learn to behave.

How can they?

God even hated Esau in the womb because of predestination.

I can argue against God's immoral actions because that is the moral thing to do.
If you do not and just accept his immoral actions as good then you too are immoral and will end in hell.

"Test all things"
1 Thessalonians. 5:21

Is this not telling you to question and argue to determine the morality of what you follow?
Yes it does so curb your blind faith and open your eyes.

You say you have faith and Jesus said that even with a bit of faith you can do miracles. Get to it or recognize that your faith is misplaced.

Regards
DL

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join