It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roman Empire and what had happened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So Rome was made long time ago and the story goes that there were 2 brothers and one was called Romulus or something like that and that guy killed his brother and then there was Rome. Now Rome was a republic and they had slaves but according to American history America was the 1st to have slaves and slaves were only ever black. This is why white people need to feel sorry for black people.

Spartacus might have happened then Julius Caesar eventually came along and was like "dude I been here fighting these stupid Europeans (they weren't called that back then)" so he got mad and marched his army right into Rome and took things over but not so much until his adopted son Augustus became the 1st EMPEROR!

Oh noes now is an empire!

So then we have some emperors and then Nero comes along and burns down the city and blames it on the Christians that just kinda popped up out of no where but then Nero kills himself rather than be captured and they build the Colosseum on top of his palace. So then we have awesome gladiator games and Rome continues to be Rome until eventually they start eating each other (literally) while being sacked by the Visigoths.

The Western Roman empire dies which gives rise to the Catholic church, Holy Roman empire (neither holy nor Roman) and eventually the British empire. The Eastern Roman empire continues with Constantinople (modern day Istanbul) as their capital until their walls finally fail to cannons by the Turks in 1453. Let it be known that these people, the "Byzantine Empire", considered themselves Roman.

The glory of Rome finally died in 1453 and that's what had happened... or is it?

Many say Jesus was the first vampire stabbed in the heart with a wooden pick but others say Lilith was the 1st. Who knows? They could both be reptilians and we could all be worshiping reptile vampires from the Roman empire that were immortal descendants of Atlantis.

And big foot really is a wookie.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have no idea how to respond to this thread! aha

Kudos!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Dude, we talked about this. You've got to quit doing this... People are going to start to wonder about you, man. I don't know how much longer I can put up with it, ok? I'm just sayin... Just, try to take it easy, alright? I love you, you know that bro. I'm always here for you. Just don't do anything stupid. Remember what we talked about. Baby steps. It's gonna be alright.

Peace.
edit on 3/8/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/8/2013 by 3n19m470 because: 7 up yours

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I know. I will stop lathering myself in peptobismol and running down the street naked.

It... just... happens... okay?!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Awesome read thank you. A good point too, Russia had slaves, China, Japan and believe it or not Canada.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Explanation: It is all explained far better and more coherently in here ...

All Roads Lead to Rome (by ProtoplasmicTraveler posted on 25-4-2010 @ 07:09 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank You! That is an amazing thread that should be linked to (even if the op is banned). I'm humbled to see that linked in my thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Dude.. Wow.
This physically hurts.
Edit:
Where in American history does it say we were the first to have slaves?
African tribes enslaved other conquered tribes and enslaved them. They then sold them to the European traders which then took them to the colony's and such.
I'm so confused by your post haha
edit on 8-3-2013 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
How educational this thread is... I never knew that the United States existed BC...

en.wikipedia.org...

Evidence of slavery predates written records, and has existed in many cultures.[4] Prehistoric graves from about 8000 BC in Lower Egypt suggest that a Libyan people enslaved a San-like tribe.

... Slavery was known in almost every ancient civilization, and society, including Sumer, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, the Akkadian Empire, Assyria, Ancient India, Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the Islamic Caliphate, the Hebrews in Palestine, and the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas.[4] Such institutions included debt-slavery, punishment for crime, the enslavement of prisoners of war, child abandonment, and the birth of slave children to slaves.[19]

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
So Rome was made long time ago and the story goes that there were 2 brothers and one was called Romulus or something like that and that guy killed his brother and then there was Rome. Now Rome was a republic and they had slaves but according to American history America was the 1st to have slaves and slaves were only ever black. This is why white people need to feel sorry for black people.

Spartacus might have happened then Julius Caesar eventually came along and was like "dude I been here fighting these stupid Europeans (they weren't called that back then)" so he got mad and marched his army right into Rome and took things over but not so much until his adopted son Augustus became the 1st EMPEROR!

Oh noes now is an empire!

So then we have some emperors and then Nero comes along and burns down the city and blames it on the Christians that just kinda popped up out of no where but then Nero kills himself rather than be captured and they build the Colosseum on top of his palace. So then we have awesome gladiator games and Rome continues to be Rome until eventually they start eating each other (literally) while being sacked by the Visigoths.

The Western Roman empire dies which gives rise to the Catholic church, Holy Roman empire (neither holy nor Roman) and eventually the British empire. The Eastern Roman empire continues with Constantinople (modern day Istanbul) as their capital until their walls finally fail to cannons by the Turks in 1453. Let it be known that these people, the "Byzantine Empire", considered themselves Roman.

The glory of Rome finally died in 1453 and that's what had happened... or is it?

Many say Jesus was the first vampire stabbed in the heart with a wooden pick but others say Lilith was the 1st. Who knows? They could both be reptilians and we could all be worshiping reptile vampires from the Roman empire that were immortal descendants of Atlantis.

And big foot really is a wookie.
Everyone knows that black people were not the only people to be enslaved historically, but black people were the slaves in America and quite a few other countries as well. Having said that, what in the hell does that have to do with this thread? I'm black and there's no reason whatsoever for anyone to feel sorry for me, pal. You need to chill with your generalizations, and one has to wonder what was your motivation for injecting that little tidbit into this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There were and are still slaves.
Slaves of every race and creed.

Yes the biggest part of modern history is devoted to slaves
in the USA. But that was learned behavior
from slave owners in England and other parts of Europe.
(England outlawed slavery way before the USA)

But since the dawn of civilization there have been "Humans"
owning "humans".
Slave owning maybe the 2nd oldest profession in the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
and one has to wonder what was your motivation for injecting that little tidbit into this thread.

Jesus. And rum.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Romans learned early ..."Indeed, the word of God is living and effective, sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart."- Hebrews lnk
That the pen( word of God) is mightier than the sword and the church became the the new roman empire that has its control in everything from monarchies, governments to world religion.
They are very much in power.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
and one has to wonder what was your motivation for injecting that little tidbit into this thread.

Jesus. And rum.
Awwww, that was cute. Is that the best that you could come up with? A word of advice smart guy, you'd better get some better material. I can see right off the bat, you're going to make this extremely easy.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Been drinking your logo again, eh Bacardi?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

I love the All Roads Lead to Rome thread. What happened with Proto? Why was he banned?
edit on 8-3-2013 by broctune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by broctune

I dunno. I just joined lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm not going to ruin my thread with stupidity.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Bacardi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Lilith was a vampire
Just ask Frasier

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I'm not going to ruin my thread with stupidity.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Bacardi because: (no reason given)

A Road already marched down.

But I haven't ever met an American nor read anywhere that America was the first to own black slaves which now means white Americans must feel sorry haha. Last I checked slavery has been around since the begining of recorded history, besides I'm pretty sure the British empire had slaves at one stage and underwent the selling of such.

Also Julius Caesar probably didn't have much to do with the downfall of Spartacus, there is hardly any historic reference to him around the time of the war, it was Crassus who really did him a blow

top topics

<<   2 >>

join