It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the TSA loosening knife restrictions because they failed a recent bomb security test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
A week ago it was reported that the TSA will drop the restriction on bringing knives (

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It is my opinion that these bizarrely arbitrary rules have nothing to do with public safety or the internal workings of the TSA. I believe them to be tools of social engineering.

When enough of these arbitrary rules are imposed and the populace is told that they are for safety and security, people will, by and large, stop questioning and thinking critically about anything the government says. The masses will simply nod ascent and obey.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Is the TSA loosening knife restrictions because they failed a recent bomb security test?

No, they're relaxing restrictions so that a new false flag can be perpetrated.

Not that they've caught anyone, but just in-case they get something right.

edit on 8-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here is something to consider. The TSA operates on a budget of 8 billion dollars a year. Since it's inception shortly after 9/11 till now, they have failed to apprehend 1 terrorist. That makes the grand total of terrorists the TSA has foiled an astounding 0.

Perhaps we could find better places to administer the sequester spending cuts eh? We could probably cut out half the TSA budget that funds nothing more than terrifying little kids and groping senior citizens in wheelchairs. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Here is something to consider. The TSA operates on a budget of 8 billion dollars a year. Since it's inception shortly after 9/11 till now, they have failed to apprehend 1 terrorist. That makes the grand total of terrorists the TSA has foiled an astounding 0.

Perhaps we could find better places to administer the sequester spending cuts eh? We could probably cut out half the TSA budget that funds nothing more than terrifying little kids and groping senior citizens in wheelchairs. Just a thought.

Hey, give them some credit. It is hard to bat 100%.

CJ

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

100%? I'd be happy if they were batting 0.01% that at least would be a start. It's a good thing the TSA isn't a baseball team.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't care for flying ever since the TSA was put into action. The level of security they add isn't really worth the funds. I've seen the training and it's a joke, there are mall cops with more training then they have. They don't try fixing anything till they get in trouble for it. To have effective security you have to always step up your game, making sure your ahead of the people your trying the catch while not hindering the ones you're paid to protect (cause they're your pay check).

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I don't care for flying ever since the TSA was put into action. The level of security they add isn't really worth the funds. I've seen the training and it's a joke, there are mall cops with more training then they have. They don't try fixing anything till they get in trouble for it. To have effective security you have to always step up your game, making sure your ahead of the people your trying the catch while not hindering the ones you're paid to protect (cause they're your pay check).

Your exactly right but the problem is that the approach you suggest involves using common sense and basic logic, something our government seems incapable of as of late.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

They may as well let people carry pocket knives on planes. The last major flight I took when I went to put my carry on bag in the storage space above my seat someone from maintenance had left a utility knife, some wire and a roll of electrical tape there. When I alerted the one of the flight attendants she said it was no big deal- they leave things like that on a pretty regular basis. Another passenger further down the aisle found a couple of screwdrivers above her seat.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You know what is truly funny . . .

My son was flying to Minnesota as an unaccompanied minor (from PHX). We had recently been to Berringer Crater and they sell fossils from the area in the gift shop, we purchased a Megadalon tooth and the tooth of a Mosasaur. Both were in his carry-on, wrapped and boxed. When they saw these on the x-ray, they pulled us out of line to inspect. The first TSA agent didn't know what the hell they were, even after my son explained to them what they were. They called a second agent . . . who couldn't determine if they were a threat and so, called their supervisor.

It took almost 30 mins and the involvement of PHX PD before they agreed to let him board with them.

Fossils!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by ColoradoJens

100%? I'd be happy if they were batting 0.01% that at least would be a start. It's a good thing the TSA isn't a baseball team.

Well, I guess I could have worded that differently. I was mocking them. They are so good at their jobs not a single terrorist has breached their magical wall of security. Wait for it on a brochure.

CJ

new topics

top topics

join