It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights groups trying to "Bully" Tim Tebow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
If this guy Tebow is going to speak against Homosexuals I agree that he deserves some stick, but If he is just going to speak about the Christian bible blah blah blah who cares?
As long as he doesn't go against Jesus and judge or say Homosexuality is evil etc again who cares.
edit on 8-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

even if THAT was what he was going to say, he should be permitted to say it- not much of a free and tolerant society when we only tolerate views we agree with!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Has nothing to do with this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

I think you failed to see the sarcasm in that post. Don't be ridiculous

Well that was insightful!

Any constructive thought?

edit on 9-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

As inciteful as your post that I was responding to.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

It is almost Sunday.

Go get ready to listen to some old man lecture you and his FOLLOWERS while he reads from his book of lies.

Hahahahaha.

edit on 9-3-2013 by TFCJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Why don't you prove to me that the Bible is full of lies. You can't.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by TFCJay

Why don't you prove to me that the Bible is full of lies. You can't.

Okay, I am going to need you to prove that the bible is all fact.

My odds are better.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's not just a freaking petition dude dang. Get that through your head. The first paragraph states: Gay rights activists are demanding Tim Tebow back out of a speaking engagement at Liberty University just two weeks after pressuring the New York Jets quarterback to cancel a speaking engagement at the First Baptist Church of Dallas.

They are demanding he shut up.

Ok, at this point I am going to call you a flat out liar. I posted the petition. Its there for all to see. The word demand DOES NOT APPEAR, EVEN ONCE. You are spreading false information as propaganda. You are also making light of the very real fact that homosexuals are bullied every single day.

This is shameful. You are not a good christian. You are a deceiver.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The dang petition is not what the whole dang article was about. It was a part. Read the first freakin part of the dang article. It's crazy, you argue like a child, you are losing so you focus on the wrong things and twist things just like a child. I am not a damn liar. If you want the name calling to start then I shall oblige you. I have no problem falling from grace for a moment for something like you. But lets take it private as to not derail the thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The dang petition is not what the whole dang article was about. It was a part. Read the first freakin part of the dang article. It's crazy, you argue like a child, you are losing so you focus on the wrong things and twist things just like a child. I am not a damn liar. If you want the name calling to start then I shall oblige you. I have no problem falling from grace for a moment for something like you. But lets take it private as to not derail the thread.

That may have been the best "dang" response I have ever seen from a "dang" person saying someone else acts like a "dang" child. Seriously. Dang.

I see the my point, and the overall point, has gone completely over your head here. So let me try again:
This article, and your OP, are PROPAGANDA PIECES. They are sensationalisism. Just because a shill media source says that they are demanding, does not make it so. Please provide one single quote from a gay rights activist involved in this using the word "demand". Just one. Oh...wait....it was the AUTHOR OF THE ARTICLE that used those words.

READ THE PETITION. They are demanding NOTHING.

You are spreading LIES, such as that they are "demanding", "forcing" and "bullying". You are using the fact that homosexuals are bullied EVERY SINGLE DAY as an attempt to paint hypocrisy where there is none. You are deceitful at best, and a downright liar at worst.
edit on 9-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You are the deceiver and LIAR sir or maam whatever you are. You are the one who twists everything on this thread and in the Bible to suit your agenda. I see through your lies and deceit to your true agenda. A pervurse one at that. You can label me anything you want, doesn't change the fact that you are a child trying to defend sin. It will not work in the end. I would not like to be you when you stand before God and Jesus says to God "I don't know him".

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You are the deceiver and LIAR sir or maam whatever you are. You are the one who twists everything on this thread and in the Bible to suit your agenda. I see through your lies and deceit to your true agenda. A pervurse one at that. You can label me anything you want, doesn't change the fact that you are a child trying to defend sin. It will not work in the end. I would not like to be you when you stand before God and Jesus says to God "I don't know him".

More lies. I have not even once spoken about the bible in this thread. You continue to reveal yourself for what you are.

So now your deflection is to cast judgement on me? More 'good christian' type behavior....well done.

Why wont you provide that quote I asked for? Why do you deflect? I provided the petition to back up my stance on the topic, why can you provide nothing to back up yours?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Nope, you can't turn it around on me liar and deceiver. Take your agenda elsewhere. You are just making a fool of yourself now. Just let it go and walk away with your perverse agenda. Hug a couple of bunnies and trees, pray to the moon, exalt yourself and have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Nope, you can't turn it around on me liar and deceiver. Take your agenda elsewhere. You are just making a fool of yourself now. Just let it go and walk away with your perverse agenda. Hug a couple of bunnies and trees, pray to the moon, exalt yourself and have a nice day.

Still deflecting? Fair enough. Ill take that as admission that you have nothing other than a shill blog piece as backing.

This is just sad.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You don't have to be sad. You failed to ever make a legitimate point. But nothing to be sad about.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You don't have to be sad. You failed to ever make a legitimate point. But nothing to be sad about.

I am going to ask one more time, and then Ill walk away knowing it is clear as day to all in this thread what you really are:

Can you back up your claims of "forcing", "demanding" and "bullying"? Can you provide even one quote from an activist involved in this that uses those words, or even falls into any of those descriptions?

Did you even bother to read the petition?

NFL quarterback Tim Tebow is well-known for proudly sharing his faith and for his charitable work with sick and injured children.
But on Friday, he's scheduled to deliver a speech at Liberty University -- a virulently anti-gay university founded by the late Rev. Jerry Falwell, who famously blamed gays and lesbians for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Liberty University isn't just another conservative Christian college. It's ground-zero for a global assault on the legal rights of gays and lesbians -- and a symbol of everything that's wrong with the religious right.

Just last month, Tebow cancelled a church speaking appearance after learning of the pastor's hateful anti-gay views, so we know he understands the danger of associating with extremists.

Tell Tim Tebow: Don't give your Christian faith a bad name by speaking at Liberty University. Sign the petition:

Tim Tebow, please cancel your plans to appear at Liberty University. Associating with anti-gay hatred is no way to share the good news of Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Again I'll ask, have you read the original article at all? There is more to it than the petition. A few months back homosexuals went into a known Christian restaurant (Chick Fil A) and practiced publicly acts of immorality. This was done in public. Tim Tebow is going to a PRIVATE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY to speak in private. These activists have taken it upon them to gather up a petition to send to him requesting that he not go through with it. An entire gay activist group, so I'd say that's bullying. You cannot turn this around. Homosexuals piss and moan daily about people asking them not to do things publicly and these same people are asking him not to speak privately.
Let me ask you a question, What business is it of theirs what or where he speaks in private?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Again I'll ask, have you read the original article at all? There is more to it than the petition. A few months back homosexuals went into a known Christian restaurant (Chick Fil A) and practiced publicly acts of immorality. This was done in public. Tim Tebow is going to a PRIVATE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY to speak in private. These activists have taken it upon them to gather up a petition to send to him requesting that he not go through with it. An entire gay activist group, so I'd say that's bullying. You cannot turn this around. Homosexuals piss and moan daily about people asking them not to do things publicly and these same people are asking him not to speak privately.
Let me ask you a question, What business is it of theirs what or where he speaks in private?

Yup, Ive read it. So let me get this straight: You think that because a shill says the word 'demanding', that it automatically applies? Can you think for yourself?

Chic-a-fil? Really? What "acts of immorality" are you accusing? Couldnt have been that bad, as Chic-a-fil has since rescinded its ties with many anti-gay companies.

If you think signing a petition that asks someone to please not do something is bullying, you must have had a very easy life.

I do notice, though, that you once again sidestep my request for a quote to back up your claims....hmmm....why is that?

I see you are missing the whole point of the petition. I suggest you go read it, to answer the question you asked right there.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Again I'll ask what business is it of these gay people what or where he speaks in private? Who is side stepping now?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Again I'll ask what business is it of these gay people what or where he speaks in private? Who is side stepping now?

You, you are still sidestepping, all the way to the point of not even acknowledging the question asked. Its tired, and juvenile.

Since you cant be bothered to read the petition, even though its right there for you, ill put it as simply a as I can, and Ill try to use small words:

They feel it is their business because this school was started by, and is associated with, anti-gay fanatics. They state that they admire all of the good work he does and dont want to see it tarnished by his being associated with hate-mongers.

It is as much of their right to have an opinion as anyone elses, whether you like it or not.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join