It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights groups trying to "Bully" Tim Tebow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

Because they fear people opening their eyes to God and his stance on their unnatural pervurse lifestyle choices. They fear that people will see past their bullcrap and whining and remember their proper upbringing. That's why.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Because they fear people opening their eyes to God and his stance on their unnatural pervurse lifestyle choices. They fear that people will see past their bullcrap and whining and remember their proper upbringing. That's why.

There we go. Now its flowing. Keep spewing that hate, 'good christian'....keep spewing that hate.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

No I am not. I am saying that he has the right to speak to a private Christian University if he wants to and that people trying to force him to not do this are pathetic and hypocritical. They are not speaking against him, they are trying to force him into silence.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No I am not. I am saying that he has the right to speak to a private Christian University if he wants to and that people trying to force him to not do this are pathetic and hypocritical. They are not speaking against him, they are trying to force him into silence.

You're still dodging my question. HOW ARE THEY TRYING TO FORCE ANYTHING? Your agenda is clear, your tactics, obvious. So how about you quick dodging and answer.

They are using the power of the petition to make their voices heard. Nothing more.
edit on 8-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I haven't said I hate anyone ever. I don't have to agree with your lifestyle to Love someone. I can downright despise your lifestyle and still think of you as a friend but homosexuals are not capable of that. "If you don't agree with me then you HATE me" That's how a child thinks.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No they are not. The whole point of the petition is to try and make him not have his speech. Are you and I reading the same article?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I haven't said I hate anyone ever. I don't have to agree with your lifestyle to Love someone. I can downright despise your lifestyle and still think of you as a friend but homosexuals are not capable of that. "If you don't agree with me then you HATE me" That's how a child thinks.

their unnatural pervurse lifestyle choices. They fear that people will see past their bullcrap and whining and remember their proper upbringing.

One doesnt have to use the word 'hate' to spew hate. You are not a good christian.

How a child thinks is "i dont understand that, so I HATE IT"

I have many homosexual friends. They have no issue with the fact that I am straight. They have no issue with the fact that anyone is straight.

They DO have an issue with those that would disparage and discriminate based on the fact that they are not straight. They have issue with fundies who would just as soon lynch them as accept them. They have issues that they have to defend their right to show love to their partner.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

No they are not. The whole point of the petition is to try and make him not have his speech. Are you and I reading the same article?

Yup, sure am. And NOWHERE in that article does it even SUGGEST that they are trying to force ANYTHING. Applying public pressure? Sure. But isnt that kind of the EXACT SAME THING Mr/ 3rd String does when he participates in anti-abortion commercials? Or speaks against homosexuality publicly?

Hmmmm....theres that hypocrisy again.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Since you obviously only read the blatantly biased article on the topic, and not the petition itself, here ya go:
salsa.democracyinaction.org...

and I quote:

Tim Tebow, please cancel your plans to appear at Liberty University. Associating with anti-gay hatred is no way to share the good news of Jesus Christ.

Forcing? Nice try. Bullying? Learn what the hell that term means.
edit on 8-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   

Ok, I do not want this thread to become mean or anything either, so I will attempt to be tasteful and cautious when writing. My idea is the following: I believe god loves and cares about and respects members of the Gay LGBT community; I believe he understands their woes. Grant it, there are people in that community as there are in the heterosexual community that are perhaps excessive, but that's about lust and sins of the flesh a bit; Carnality and it's excesses is human in nature, and if you ask me, I see plenty of heterosexuals that are naughty, that have rendez-vous' out of wedlock all day long..heterosexuals are not god's pick either since they enjoy the pleasures of the flesh extensively; Just look at movies, at the music industry, at heterosexual youngsters who fornicate all day long, and no christian is ever condemning them, even though they are not following god.. I think heterosexuals need to look at their own misgivings before judging the misgivings of others.. How does that sound?

edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: typo

link   
Well, I've got nothing against Tim Tebow, his faith or where he wants to speak.

However, whenever gender issues crop up as discriminatory those Universities seem at the forefront of Christian fundamentalism.
Not only with gay issues, but also with feminism.

The protestors also have a right to voice their concerns.

I'd like to see him play some rugby one day, just for fun.

edit on 8-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

He does not speak against homosexuals, he speaks against homosexuality... and no it is not semantic.

I engage in certain activities.

I like to golf.

Some might say I'm a golfer.

Should that define me?

What would people think of me if I started wearing golf shoes, plaid pants and a golf glove everywhere I went?

How about if I boisterously talked about the 18 holes I played the day before?

I begin to chip and putt in the office. I start hitting golf balls into my neighbors yard.

Some get annoyed with my muddy cleats and start to complain.

This is where I draw the line.

How dare these bigots not approve of my lifestyle!

I love what I do so much that I organize a golf pride parade.

I love golf so much that I think my golf partner and I should be able to enter into a civil union, that way we can get better rates at the course and cheaper insurance. Who cares if everybody else has to pay higher rates now!

I hang out exclusively at golf bars. Hey, once and a while I might pick up a new golf partner on the side for a quick nine holes...

Oh sure, we cant all get along in the golf community, you know, there's bears, and there's buffs. We really can't accept each others style of play, but hey, we rally together in golf pride parades!!!

Yes, my activity defines me!

I'm not a person like everyone else.

I'm not a man.

I'm not dusy1.

I am what I do!

Golf Pride!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

their unnatural pervurse lifestyle choices. They fear that people will see past their bullcrap and whining and remember their proper upbringing.

One doesnt have to use the word 'hate' to spew hate. You are not a good christian.

How a child thinks is "i dont understand that, so I HATE IT"

I have many homosexual friends. They have no issue with the fact that I am straight. They have no issue with the fact that anyone is straight.

They DO have an issue with those that would disparage and discriminate based on the fact that they are not straight. They have issue with fundies who would just as soon lynch them as accept them. They have issues that they have to defend their right to show love to their partner.

Gay people are some of the most loving people I have ever met in my whole entire life. They are loving, caring, kind and thoughtful, and I would never think to see them as being somehow bad people. Theare mature loving adults that know how to cultivate mature loving relationships. In many ways, they are actually a very example for us all..
edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'd like to post this again, just to really nail down how propaganda-filled this OP, thread, and article are. This is the ACTUAL petition:
salsa.democracyinaction.org...

The text on the petition reads as follows:

NFL quarterback Tim Tebow is well-known for proudly sharing his faith and for his charitable work with sick and injured children.
But on Friday, he's scheduled to deliver a speech at Liberty University -- a virulently anti-gay university founded by the late Rev. Jerry Falwell, who famously blamed gays and lesbians for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Liberty University isn't just another conservative Christian college. It's ground-zero for a global assault on the legal rights of gays and lesbians -- and a symbol of everything that's wrong with the religious right.

Just last month, Tebow cancelled a church speaking appearance after learning of the pastor's hateful anti-gay views, so we know he understands the danger of associating with extremists.

Tell Tim Tebow: Don't give your Christian faith a bad name by speaking at Liberty University. Sign the petition:

Tim Tebow, please cancel your plans to appear at Liberty University. Associating with anti-gay hatred is no way to share the good news of Jesus Christ.

The article cited uses the term 'bullying', and the OP uses the term 'forcing' as an attempt to sensationalize, and to use the VERY REAL fact that gay people are bullied at a disgusting rate to try and prove some hypocrisy.

As all can see, there is NOTHING 'bullying' about the petition. And to claim it is is to make light of the thousands of people who have died as a result of bullying, and the millions more who have suffered from it. This is DISGUSTING.

Good christian indeed

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by TFCJay

Because marriage is a religious institution. Think about it buckwheat.

I will get right on that Flanders.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

reply to post by TFCJay

Because marriage is a religious institution. Think about it buckwheat.

I will get right on that Flanders.
Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Didnt your God say something like he "loves all his children equally"?

Would these Gay/Lesbian people be his Children?

Its no wonder the Christian Nutters numbers are falling, they cant even follow his word.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

In another modern translation (NIV) this verse doesn't say 'homosexual' it says 'men who have sex with men'. Excluding gay women

Ok

How about Romans 1:24-32 specifically verses 26, 27

Romans 1:26-27 New King James Version (NKJV) 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

propterea tradidit illos Deus in passiones ignominiae nam feminae eorum inmutaverunt naturalem usum in eum usum qui est contra naturam

similiter autem et masculi relicto naturali usu feminae exarserunt in desideriis suis in invicem masculi in masculos turpitudinem operantes et mercedem quam oportuit erroris sui in semet ipsis recipientes

Romans 1:32 New King James Version (NKJV) 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Link
qui cum iustitiam Dei cognovissent non intellexerunt quoniam qui talia agunt digni sunt morte non solum ea faciunt sed et consentiunt facientibus

These sex practices are condemned, along with other behavior in the bible.

You can choose to agree or disagree, but for Christians the message is clear.
edit on 8-3-2013 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

You would probably need to obtain the actual Greek Koine version of these writings to understand what exactly was written in that language at that time. It seems to me that you are taking the NKJV and then creating a Latinized version of those English writings which would not be an appropriate translation or reproduction, but we would need to consult an expert in that language to really undestand what it says;

But your translation through biblegateway does not strike me as convincing.. In the meantime, I think heterosexuals and their whoredom are better examples of what god does not want to see in this world..
Heterosexuals are some real heavy fornicators generally, and if they actually believe that they are chosen by god to represent him, through their fornication, then you have another thing coming.

There are plenty of gay LGBT celibates also, who are actually honored in monastic services throughout the world, but especially in the Roman Catholic Church and theirs is a life devoted to vows to god, including vows of chastity; Just a case in point though since if we are going to talk about abominable acts we need to look at some of the terrible things that men do with women and vice-versa. It's not exactly missionary style mating with a marraige certificate now is it..

Y

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

You omitted the context of what the sin committed actually was (according to Paul who wrote this as well).

Romans 1:21-25 translated from the Latin Vulgate:

21 because when he knew God, they neither glorified him as God, neither were thankful but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened

22 For, professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and of birds and four-footed beasts, and creeping things

24 for which cause God gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever amen

The sin was not worshipping god but worshiping themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

People must realize that speaking at a place in which some would say have a reputation does not mean you represent all of their views. This would be like saying anyone who speaks at Harvard must be a extreme leftist, it is just crazy. It hurts their cause and divides people. If you want to change the world, do it by extending your hand. Using the same tactics which hold you down will only serve those who have held you down.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join