It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights groups trying to "Bully" Tim Tebow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Why do they make being gay a public and social issue all the time? If two people feel bonded, what right have they to come with some ancient book and selective verses to tell those two people they cannot marry because of their religion?

I agree.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

The bible is clear.

Do not be deceived.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (Expanded Bible (EXB)

Deception indeed. It's quite clear when you only read modern translations, and pick and choose among those.

In another modern translation (NIV) this verse doesn't say 'homosexual' it says 'men who have sex with men'. Excluding gay women

400 years ago this verse didn't say 'homosexual' or 'men who have sex with men'.

It said nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

How about a much older translation? The Latin Vulgate? Here is the same verse you used:

an nescitis quia iniqui regnum Dei non possidebunt nolite errare neque fornicarii neque idolis servientes neque adulteri

Translated:

Do ye not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God is not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

So it went from 'adulterers' to 'abusers of themselves with mankind' to now 'homosexuality'. That's peculiar.

What did this verse say originally?

Male Bed. Literally. The Greek words translate as 'male bed'. Those words now read 'homosexuality' in the "'bible is clear" version you read....

Paul wrote this. The common view among Biblical historians is that he was referring to men who had boy sex slaves. The sin was sex outside of marriage. Not surprising it wasn't the slavery aspect

Paul advocated 'fidelity in marriage and celibacy in singleness'. That's what it's about.

Interesting how god's preserved Word has changed so much. Even more interesting how little Christians seem to care.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Now don't you go confusing the Faithful with facts!

Originally posted by TFCJay
Perhaps if we didn't have to see public displays of affection (from anyone) people wouldn't care so much.
Well I'm not going to stop holding my wife's hand in public, or enjoying a peck on the cheek if I've been charming.

Little tightly wrapped?
edit on 8-3-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
So now the gay "rights" groups who whine and cry about bullying and their rights are trying to force Tim Tebow to cancel his speech at Liberty University. Tim is a Christian man with Godly convictions who is going to give a Christian based speech to a mens group at a Christian University. I'm confused. Gays can openly protest in public outside government buildings and inside Chick Fil A buildings (Christian company) but the plan to bully Tebow into not giving a private speech at a Christian school?
Now Who are the hypocrites?

radio.foxnews.com...

I believe the idea is that the actual BULLY or BULLIES are the Christians, and their unfortunate interpretation of certain old testament writings. My personal opinion is that Christians in America, have a problem understanding the new testament teachings about humankind in general, irrespective of sexual orientation. The Gay LGBT community in the U.S. and around the world in general, are marginalized, disrespected, abused, mocked, scorned, etc, ad nauseum- this does not occur to heterosexuals, or heterosexual christians in general. Given that they are a community of people undermined and oppressed by religious groups and religious faiths, (Christians, Muslims, and the followers of Judaism..), they generally seek to impede such groups from speaking negatively about them and their natural sexual orientation, which they naturally see as something positive, natural, and normal (which it is..).

They would seek to stand up to those who would attempt to harm them, and speak abusively about them. I don't see how they are being "Bullies" for defending their right to the natural sexual orientation (presuming of course that this Tim Tebow fellow is planning on discussing said issues about said peoples on a Christian campus).

What I find odd, is that heterosexual Christians, focus so much on other peoples orientation instead of focusing on god and what he requested of them as sh own in the new testament: love your neighbor, forgive, and pursue strengthening of faith. Those teachings have nothing to do with harming, offending and injuring innocent bystander citizens of another sexual orientation. Kind of makes sense, doesn't it?

edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: spacing

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by dusty1

The bible is clear.

Do not be deceived.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (Expanded Bible (EXB)

Deception indeed. It's quite clear when you only read modern translations, and pick and choose among those.

In another modern translation (NIV) this verse doesn't say 'homosexual' it says 'men who have sex with men'. Excluding gay women

400 years ago this verse didn't say 'homosexual' or 'men who have sex with men'.

It said nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

How about a much older translation? The Latin Vulgate? Here is the same verse you used:

an nescitis quia iniqui regnum Dei non possidebunt nolite errare neque fornicarii neque idolis servientes neque adulteri

Translated:

Do ye not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God is not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

So it went from 'adulterers' to 'abusers of themselves with mankind' to now 'homosexuality'. That's peculiar.

What did this verse say originally?

Male Bed. Literally. The Greek words translate as 'male bed'. Those words now read 'homosexuality' in the "'bible is clear" version you read....

Paul wrote this. The common view among Biblical historians is that he was referring to men who had boy sex slaves. The sin was sex outside of marriage. Not surprising it wasn't the slavery aspect

Paul advocated 'fidelity in marriage and celibacy in singleness'. That's what it's about.

Interesting how god's preserved Word has changed so much. Even more interesting how little Christians seem to care.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

That's kind of perfect, modern American theology and modern American biblical studies have very little to do with original texts, original languages, the semantics of ancient writings and ancient languages, etc.

It seems actually really sad that scripture in America is so watered down, so diluted, and made so inauthentic due to these trivial modern "polyester" language reproductions..

Just kind of sad..
edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
Why aren't these gay groups protesting day and night outside the embassy of Saudi Arabia? These people will decapitate by sword anybody caught engaging in homosexual acts...but no, they have to jump on a christian football player. What a crock.

There are plenty of Gay Activists working on Human Rights issues concerning The Middle East, both in the M.E.
and in the U.S.

edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

To all Christians homosexuality is a sin. How can one claim to be a Christian and not believe what God's word says about homosexuality? There is a great deal more to the Bible than just God is love. God gave us laws to follow and one is that homosexuality is a sin. More than a sin, it's a sinful lifestyle.
Anyone that claims homosexuality to be natural an right is very confused. The moral compass of this world has gone haywire.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I would love to see you outperform him at his sport there Skippy. By the homosexuals that scream "BULLYING" themselves is what they are doing defined as bullying. "If you disagree with me then you hate me" is the battle cry of the homosexual. I'm sick of this mess.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I would love to see you outperform him at his sport there Skippy. By the homosexuals that scream "BULLYING" themselves is what they are doing defined as bullying. "If you disagree with me then you hate me" is the battle cry of the homosexual. I'm sick of this mess.

I never claimed to be a football player. He does. He's awful. I mean really, really awful.

Tell me how signing a petition fits the definition of bullying. Come on, do it.

Its obvious that you do not like homosexuals-and that's your right. But that you would put the freedom of speech of one group ahead of freedom of speech of another shows you for what you truly are.
edit on 8-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Because marriage is a religious institution. Think about it buckwheat.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ok

How about Romans 1:24-32 specifically verses 26, 27

Romans 1:26-27 New King James Version (NKJV) 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

propterea tradidit illos Deus in passiones ignominiae nam feminae eorum inmutaverunt naturalem usum in eum usum qui est contra naturam

similiter autem et masculi relicto naturali usu feminae exarserunt in desideriis suis in invicem masculi in masculos turpitudinem operantes et mercedem quam oportuit erroris sui in semet ipsis recipientes

Romans 1:32 New King James Version (NKJV) 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Link
qui cum iustitiam Dei cognovissent non intellexerunt quoniam qui talia agunt digni sunt morte non solum ea faciunt sed et consentiunt facientibus

These sex practices are condemned, along with other behavior in the bible.

You can choose to agree or disagree, but for Christians the message is clear.
edit on 8-3-2013 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

These Christians are having a gathering in private, not in public talking about Christian topics. Noone ever even suggested they will be talking about homosexuality. You can come off of that crap.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by TFCJay

Because marriage is a religious institution. Think about it buckwheat.

Is it? Please prove that. By nearly ALL accounts, marriage predates recorded history. So please, prove your claim.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

So atheists can't get married?
And whose religion anyway?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
If this guy Tebow is going to speak against Homosexuals I agree that he deserves some stick, but If he is just going to speak about the Christian bible blah blah blah who cares?
As long as he doesn't go against Jesus and judge or say Homosexuality is evil etc again who cares.
edit on 8-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

He does not speak against homosexuals, he speaks against homosexuality... and no it is not semantic.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

To all Christians homosexuality is a sin. How can one claim to be a Christian and not believe what God's word says about homosexuality? There is a great deal more to the Bible than just God is love. God gave us laws to follow and one is that homosexuality is a sin. More than a sin, it's a sinful lifestyle.
Anyone that claims homosexuality to be natural an right is very confused. The moral compass of this world has gone haywire.

Jesus Christ is God. JC said to favor the spirit over the flesh. That's in the new testament. Later, it states that if one must fall victim to the flesh.. then that one should marry.

Heterosexuality is sinful. Why? Well, I frequently see alot of nice boys with alot of nice girls at bars and nightclubs, and they go home with each other without even being married. How do you like that? That's called
fornication and that is what Jesus Christ apparently opposed. Fornication, adultery, and idolatry.
Heterosexuals do all 3 all of the time.. Do you understand what sin is better now?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I don't put anyone's freedom of speech above anyone else's. That is my whole point. Homosexuals want to push their agenda and protest and fight for what they believe in and while doing that they are trying to force Tim Tebow and other Christians to not express their views. Very hypocritical.
If you are not a football player then how can you say he sux? He is good enough to make it to the NFL isn't he? You can't suck that bad and make it to the NFL.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by tony9802

These Christians are having a gathering in private, not in public talking about Christian topics. Noone ever even suggested they will be talking about homosexuality. You can come off of that crap.

Then why would the Gay LGBT community oppose him and his right to have his gathering and discussion? It doesn't make sense to me..unless of course, gay people are in fact a christian topic.. it's unfortunate but that seems to be the case.

If I were a happy healthy christian, i would never even bother with gay folk or with ladies that chose to have abortions. If I were a happy healthy christian I would be happy loving god, loving my neighbor, forgiving my neighbor, and strengthening my faith.. that is so easy.. but you have all of these christians mocking, scorning,
ridiculing, and INJURING other human beings with their words..

Why don't people understand that? jesus christ never taught to injure others..
edit on 8-3-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm embarrassed that people believe in a vengeful God. That's pretty pathetic. If God is vengeful, then he's taking everyone of us out. No one to spare. Hypocrites. Hateful human beings.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I don't put anyone's freedom of speech above anyone else's. That is my whole point. Homosexuals want to push their agenda and protest and fight for what they believe in and while doing that they are trying to force Tim Tebow and other Christians to not express their views. Very hypocritical.
If you are not a football player then how can you say he sux? He is good enough to make it to the NFL isn't he? You can't suck that bad and make it to the NFL.

You're advocating that he should have a right to speak his opinion, but that those opposing him are 'bullying' by speaking theirs. That called putting his right above theirs. Thats called hypocrisy.

I ask again: How is signing a petition stating that they encourage him to cancel the engagement bullying, or forcing anything? Come on, explain. You keep dodging it....i wonder why?

I say he is awful because he is awful. Like truly awful. Like, he plays quarterback and cant throw the ball type AWFUL. I know it hurts all the fundies that god didnt give him the skills to be good, but deal with it...he's terrible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join