It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights groups trying to "Bully" Tim Tebow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Just to remind them....... they usually like to forget about them...11 Admonitions in Leviticus that Fundamentalists Conveniently Forget About

edit on 3/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by artnut
Gay protesters will not change the mind of these people, they will just throw fuel on the fire.
So, one should sit back and shut up? How about shining a light on these haters and revealing them for what they are. Recently a couple of musical acts pulled out of the Boy Scout's Jamboree because they felt that their presence would add credence to discriminatory practices by the BSA.

"Carly Rae Jepsen and Train's decisions not only send the right message to the BSA, but remind LGBT young people that they are supported and accepted," said Rich Ferraro, GLAAD's vice president of communications, in a statement. Link

Tebow should find such stones.

It has nothing to do with sitting back and shutting up! It has to do with the fact that we still live in a country where you can disagree with the way someone lives their life, say it outloud, and then carry on as usual.

Both of my uncles are gay, and I will maintain for the rest of my life that I think they were born that way. Truly, what they do in their own homes is none of my concern, I love them dearly, and really don't care. But, I have also met some of their friends, and some of them were a real piece of work. Just as hateful as some of the Christians who don't believe homosexuality is normal. Ever heard the term "breeder"? I had not until a drunk friend of theirs maliciously called me that at one of their parties because I am from Texas (party was in San Francisco), asking me if I was a "breeder", and did I go to a homo-hating session on Sundays at church. I did nothing to this jerk.

Most Christians I know are not in the habit of excluding gays, and would not protest against them. I think hate attracts hate no matter who you are, or what your sexual preference is. Tebow has a right to give a speech without being bothered as long as he is not inciting violence against anyone, and you need to get over it whether you agree with it or not.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Just to remind them....... they usually like to forget about them...11 Admonitions in Leviticus that Fundamentalists Conveniently Forget About
Amen Brother...or to put it all in a more humourous context - Letter to Dr. Laura

Originally posted by artnut
Both of my uncles are gay, ... and some of (their friends) were a real piece of work. Just as hateful as some of the Christians who don't believe homosexuality is normal.
Point One: Just because one gay it does not follow that one is immune from being a jerk.

Tebow has a right to give a speech without being bothered as long as he is not inciting violence against anyone, and you need to get over it whether you agree with it or not.
Point Two: You lie with dogs, you get fleas.
edit on 8-3-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Tim Tebow

The guy cant play the sport that he is famous for playing. I cant believe that a 3rd string qb still gets this type of attention.

For real though, could the title of this be any more sensationalist? They signed a petition. Hardly bullying.

If the guy is going to go out in public and make these speeches, if he is going to make anti-abortion commercials, he has to understand that there will be people opposing him.

Since when is signing a petition 'bullying' though? What a sad attempt by a pseudo-journalist to use a specific word to attempt to invoke a specific response.

Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wish i could join in the protest. Not necessarily for his view on gays, but for being the most annoying person in sports history.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Holy books say a lot of things that are allegedly the words of god(s). That doesn't mean all of them, or any of them, are actually the words of a god. So just because the a book is clear about homosexuality being a sin doesn't mean that it's true. Maybe my god said something different than yours, so to say one is right is at best ignorant in every single instance.

At the end of the day, the protest group and Tebow are both exercising their first amendment rights. No one loses.
edit on 8-3-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Don't know much about this, since these people are virtually unknown in SA.

However, I've seen pictures of Tim Tebow, and I've seen images of some of these Christian fundamentalist men's camps.

I don't see how it can be wrong.
With all the violent masculinity that puts men more at risk of a violent death in SA, I think that's a very brotherly and gentle discourse between men.

edit on 8-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

The bible condemns their activity, relating to their choice of sex acts.
They put themselves at risk of not inheriting the Kingdom of God.
Anyone who preaches otherwise is not a Christian.

The Bible comdemns all kinds of stuff.. Tattoos, peircings, divorce, wearing garments made from two different types of thread, bearing false witness, etc.... For the most part though, all that stuff is in the Old Testament, Christ never spoke of any of those things.

I'm a Christian... and I think those things are BS. I think Christ did too.

Love thy neighbor.... all of them... even the gay guy with tats, peircings and Lycra Spandex shorts...

oh yeah.... Tim Tebow is a media whore who uses his "faith" to gain attention and accolades.... and he can't play football.

JJ Watt... now there's a footballer with more class than Tebow ever thought about having.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

A crock?

Maybe because they aren't citizens of Saudi Arabia.

That was hard to figure out.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
From my point of view if Tim Tebow is still eating of the apple of duality. But Jesus did say he would have a lot of followers that would not understand and that he would reject them. I would follow Jesus the enlightened. If Paul was around then I would make sure I had all my body parts left when he leaved and make sure I do not have a knife stabbed in my back. Anything written by Paul (like Corinthians) has no value to me. And I have a feeling Tim Tebow is a follower of Paul not Jesus.
edit on 8-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Peoples sexuality belong in their bedrooms. Not displayed in public. No matter what your orientation is.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Peoples sexuality belong in their bedrooms. Not displayed in public. No matter what your orientation is.
Does that include holding hands in public? Peck on the cheek?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Does that include holding hands in public? Peck on the cheek?

Why not?

There is no reason to judge people on their sexual orientation. Perhaps if we didn't have to see public displays of affection (from anyone) people wouldn't care so much.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

I think "sex" or "sex acts" belong in the bedroom (or for many SA people: in the shack).

Sexuality however is an entirely different matter.
Since sexuality should conform to gender expectations, it is also a matter of gender.

What is the gender message behind Tebow?

What performance of masculinity does he represent?

I don't know - I'm not saying it's bad or anything.

edit on 8-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And with that, I hope you never, ever hold your significant other's hand in public, never kiss them in public, never say 'i love you' to them in public, wear a wedding ring in public....see how that works?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Pssst!

I'll tell you a secret:

Those who represent the gay community and those various organizations, are just as, if not at times more delirious, crazy and zealous in their views, opinions & actions, as those they fight against.

It's so ironic that it makes me giggle when I think of it.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

wear a wedding ring in public

Are you aware of my sexual orientation? Do gays not wear a wedding ring as straight people do?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

wear a wedding ring in public

Are you aware of my sexual orientation? Do gays not wear a wedding ring as straight people do?

By wearing a wedding ring in public you are stating that you are married, therefore publicly stating that you have a sexual orientation. If sexuality is a place for the bedroom, as you said, then the fact that a wedding band does not denote WHICH sexual orientation you adhere to does not make it less of a symbol of sexual orientation.

When people state that all sexuality should remain in the bedroom, what they are really stating, knowingly or not, is that all should act asexual in public.

The point being, trying to regulate individuality is downright evil.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Pssst ... then why do they make people's personal lives and intimate choices their public business at Liberty and other Christian Collages?

Why do they make being gay a public and social issue all the time?

If two people feel bonded, what right have they to come with some ancient book and selective verses to tell those two people they cannot marry because of their religion?

What an incredible cheek!

They want to interfere in people's lives with a very blatant discourse around "fornication" and sexuality.

And this always floors me ... and then they come and say don't mention sexuality, because it belongs in the bedroom!

What a joke.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join