It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If intelligent alien races existed, they would not come in contact with us due to our primitiveness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If a highly advanced,well intentioned interstellar race visited earth, it is my opinion that even our most sophisticated weapons could not possibly harm them. Their defences would be stronger than anything we can possibly imagine.

I further speculate that space is absolutely teaming with life and that at least some of these species out there have advanced enough to travel between galaxies.If this is the case than it seems logical to me that some of them have visited our own little world during our past and in all probability are doing so today.

As far as I'm concerned the question is no longer "are we being visited by advanced aliens" but "why are they visiting earth".

I have my own theories as to why they are so interested in our development but that's all they are at the present time, theories.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If we were primitive, primitive, they'd be landing not having to worry about getting shot at, or be worshipped as gods.

Since now we have good knowledge about projectiles and chemistry, they would be extremely cautious. They would call us primitive due to the crude machinery we use, fossil fuels, and our limited understanding of whatever they understand. However, I'm guessing we would impress them at times, which shows our potential as a species, but might also make them curious about other things. An Example would be psychology.

We are almost free of superstition, however, them making contact public could kinda of send us backwards. And they may want to wait that out. However aggressive psychology and weaponry is most likely the culprit for our primitiveness.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
If a highly advanced,well intentioned interstellar race visited earth, it is my opinion that even our most sophisticated weapons could not possibly harm them. Their defences would be stronger than anything we can possibly imagine.

I further speculate that space is absolutely teaming with life and that at least some of these species out there have advanced enough to travel between galaxies.If this is the case than it seems logical to me that some of them have visited our own little world during our past and in all probability are doing so today.

As far as I'm concerned the question is no longer "are we being visited by advanced aliens" but "why are they visiting earth".

I have my own theories as to why they are so interested in our development but that's all they are at the present time, theories.

You appear to be a member of the 70% here on ATS who believe " They're Here!"

Yes, the Milky Way Galaxy is teaming with life.

Why are they here?
You need to know who they are.

Good ETs: The Andromeda Council : Pleiadians, Arcturians, Pree Ta etc.

Bad ETs: The Domain & The Reptilian Empire - Draco / Hydra Reptilians

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i sorta agree, if an alien race or federation were to be keeping tabs on us as a human race, they would see we are always constantly at war, conflicts around the world, basically killing each other. Why would they want us in their circle?

we cant even get along with our own race, why would they expect us to get along with whatever races/species are out there.

if the goal is to evolve and advance, having us in their circle would mean we would be prone to causing conflicts and holding each other down.

Quite possibly the only way they could allow us is once they see we can have peace with each other, then it is only logical we could have peace with other races.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is also this assumption that all alien races, if they existed, would have the same agenda and agree on everything. Like they would all agree to quarantine us because we're so dangerous or spiritually ignorant, or whatever. I find that more difficult to believe than their existence.

In order to go along with that idea, you have to imagine a space civilization not only powerful enough to get around space, but also powerful enough to keep all the other equally powerful (or more powerful) civilizations from messing with Earth. At some point, they're either going to fail, or determine we're just not going to be worth the trouble to defend.

That's why I tend to go with more boring explanations, and think:
1) There is no other planet with life on it in the universe. We're just a weird fluke. It could happen.
2) If there are space-faring civilizations out there, they are so few and far between that we'll never even know about them, making them for all practical purposes non-existent.
3) If there are space-faring civilizations close enough to get to us, we're so inconsequential to them that for all practical purposes we don't exist to them.

This universe is really big, and really cold.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
that was a cool star trek epi

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There were many reports of UFO sightings during WWII and also during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 (I am sure there are others but I am referencing these two as examples) Many military bases have reported sightings around their missiles and rendered the missiles inactive

My guess is they have made contact with our government, warned us that we are on the brink of destroying our planet, and until we change our ways they are placing us under quarantine.

It would be interesting to see how many people report seeing UFOs if we, indeed, do go to war with either NK or Iran. (Not that I want war to happen, however!)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
There were many reports of UFO sightings during WWII and also during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 (I am sure there are others but I am referencing these two as examples) Many military bases have reported sightings around their missiles and rendered the missiles inactive

My guess is they have made contact with our government, warned us that we are on the brink of destroying our planet, and until we change our ways they are placing us under quarantine.

It would be interesting to see how many people report seeing UFOs if we, indeed, do go to war with either NK or Iran. (Not that I want war to happen, however!)

During World War 2 both sides called them FooFighters. (small metallic spheres)
When the Germans sent a fighter to investigate, the spheres would disappear.

President Eisenhower met with ETs February 20 - 21, 1954 at Muroc AFB.

A treaty was signed. 5 spacecraft were on display.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Perosnally, i think we are super primitive on a universe wide scale.

The higher beings have spent time watching us, letting us learn or not by our mistakes, watching, waiting.

Maybe we're even just someones experiment for class, who knows?? If we are then the poor kids gonna go home with a big "F" on his report card.

One thing is certain, if they have interstellar tv, after watching Jersey Shore..they aint gonna wanna come here to live..
edit on 16-3-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yea, and like an alien civilization never had it own share of wars on its planet, hot or cold. Most people wanna believe that there is an army of heaven out there where everything picture perfect, maybe on a luxurious scale due to such advancement. However, if their civilization is as diverse as ours, they would of have their problems too.

Nothing more dangerous to a lion, then another lion.

And as far as reptilians, pleaidian, nordics, watever. I'm gunna say this since it such a common theme here.

Got any proof?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Sounds like a mish-mash of nonsense. Where you got these Andromedeans and Pleiades from the fiction sites talking about them>

Where did you get the Domain story - from Rosewell - the Alien Interview? Where did you learn about Reptilians - from Thomas Castello story? Since you use the Alien Interview, where did the Greys go?

Hugwash

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Sounds like a mish-mash of nonsense. Where you got these Andromedeans and Pleiades from the fiction sites talking about them>

Where did you get the Domain story - from Rosewell - the Alien Interview? Where did you learn about Reptilians - from Thomas Castello story? Since you use the Alien Interview, where did the Greys go?

Hugwash

Where did the Greys go?

The Reticuli Network Grays went back to Zeta Reticuli Binary Star System.

The Domain Expeditionary Force went back to their Space Station 33 located in the

asteroid belt out past Mars.

The Arcturian Grays consider them to be " renegade Grays".
They are on the Andromeda Council.

Does any of this make sense to you?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Really?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

The only reason a race of beings capable of travelling the vast distances of space to get to us, would do so, would be, in my opinion, to extract resources.

Why?

If they have mastered interstellar travel, there are nearly limitless other places (that aren't inhabited) to get the resources they need. If they needed water...there's Europa, if they needed minerals, there are asteroids, etc., and that's just in THIS solar system.

Indeed, I'd think it just the opposite. If they could get here, then resources are no longer an issue...and since resources are the basis for all wars in our history, it stands to reason that they would most likely have peaceful intentions.

The only resource that may be unique to Earth is the plant and animal life (including us)...so only then would it be dubious....and of course, that is possible.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Or "intelligent" alien races do not contact us simply because they are not built with the right senses to detect us and vice versa.

Why is it that we think that any other life form would be like us and would perceive the world or have an existence the same as us??

Also why is it automatically assumed that ET life would be more advanced than us and treat us like a zoo?? what if they exist and they are in the same effing boat we are in where we can't get off our planet.

It really bothers me the self hatred and respect people have for themselves. Always referring to "humans" as primitive . If you really think that I pity your wretched life.
edit on 22-3-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join