It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain This! UFO????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Searched and did not find this posted,

Thread title is also the title of the Youtube video posted Published on Mar 1, 2013 by user J7409. This is not my video nor do I know the person who posted it.

Explain this my friends. Taken with cheap web-cam hook to telescope. In the West around 3 something am. --J7409

I found this one interesting, looks like something spinning in a circle. Light refracting off the blades of a helicopter maybe? I don't know, seems like you would be able to see the body of the helicopter from the light being emitted.

The guy seems to be from the south and from his website seems to have more interest in comets and asteroids rather than UFOs.

It looks like an orange orb that starts spinning and pulsing intermittently ...

edit on 8-3-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's an interesting piece of footage, I can kind of make out a disc shaped object in a couple frames.

However, the resolution and quality of the footage is really bad, so further analysis is basically impossible without more data. Two more things that came to my mind while watching it were "Blimp" and "Fish in a tank illuminated from top" but that would mean an intentional fake, and, at least in my opinion the fascination of the narrator seemed real.

link   
I don't know what the source of the light was(perhaps a Star) but he says he attached a cheap web-cam to his telescope .... there be the culprit in my view .

link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The guy sounds like a complete idiot but I think he may have actually captured something good here!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Looks like the effects of looking at a star with a cheap webcam to me o.0

I have a cheap webcam, frame rate is poor, much like taking a timelapse video...produces the same effects.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Looks like the effects of looking at a star with a cheap webcam to me o.0

I have a cheap webcam, frame rate is poor, much like taking a timelapse video...produces the same effects.

I'd agree with this except it looks more like the colour of a sodium streetlamp than a star.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I'd agree with this except it looks more like the colour of a sodium streetlamp than a star.

The reddish coloration and extreme scintillation (twinkling) are consistent with a star or planet extremely close to the horizon. Throw in a wobbly mounting for the telescope and that's what you're looking at.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by fiftyfifty

The reddish coloration and extreme scintillation (twinkling) are consistent with a star or planet extremely close to the horizon. Throw in a wobbly mounting for the telescope and that's what you're looking at.

The possibility can not be ruled out but wouldn't the tripod also be wobbling up and down and not just side to side if it was loose? Plus you can see the camera moving around at the beginning trying to bring the point of light into the frame, it does not appear to be erratically shaking ... Not sure I fully accept that conclusion.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Tazkven because: Removed Youtube poster comment after researching.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The possibility can not be ruled out but wouldn't the tripod also be wobbling up and down and not just side to side if it was loose?

We don't know what equipment he's using , he says he's hooked up a cheap web-cam to the telescope ...how?
If its just a normal web-cam that he's attached to the eyepiece somehow then the camera optic and the eyepiece of the telescope aren't made for each other so I doubt he's got a snug fit .

edit on 8-3-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The possibility can not be ruled out but wouldn't the tripod also be wobbling up and down and not just side to side if it was loose?

The source appears to be tracing out an ellipse, creating the illusion of a "disk." This suggests that the left-right axis is a bit looser than the vertical axis. This sort of vibration is common in an inexpensive equatorial mount, especially in high winds or when the observer touches the telescope. (Equatorial mountings are inclined so that one axis is pointed towards the celestial pole, this is one reason why the movement tends to look diagonal. The orientation of the webcam is also relevant.)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Even still, it looks more like a spinning light rather than a star or planet through a shaky telescope ...

Shaky telescopes ...

Spinning Light ...

Not defending the guy or his video, just giving my observations. Is best to start the video in the OP at the 3:00 mark to see it fully and uninterrupted.

If anyone can recreate a star or planet spinning in a telescope in such a tight pattern as the video in the OP I would love to see it though, I have been searching for any proof of anything remotely similar to go by.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

If you think you can duct tape a cheap webcam to a telescope and see what's really there, you just might be a redneck.

If anyone can recreate a star or planet spinning in a telescope in such a tight pattern as the video in the OP I would love to see it

This video is worth the 6 minutes, IMO.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Awesome video, like that telescope too. Since I moved out of the city into the country I have been thinking of getting one, seemed like a pretty nice one. The shaky part I believe is from a hand held camcorder and not the telescope though.

The guy seems to be an amateur astronomer, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on actually not knowing what he is seeing, as opposed to it being a star, the moon or a planet ... Although it very well could be. As redneck as using duck tape would be I would believe it would be more stable than someone holding a camcorder to the lens, as was done in the above video of Saturn, but again I do not know, I do not own a telescope or a webcam.

Actually, I just confronted him with the theories posed in this thread, he has comments set up for his approval ... So we will see if he responds and what he says.

I said ...

Some are claiming you have a loose telescope or that the Web-cam is poorly mounted and causing vibration, from touch or the wind, of whatever it is you are looking at, maybe a star or a planet.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
pretty cool looking object. nice colours. interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

As redneck as using duck tape would be I would believe it would be more stable than someone holding a camcorder to the lens

The redneck reference is just my adaptation of an old Jeff Foxworthy comedy routine. I'm not actually certain as to whether the cam is attached somehow or hand held. I hope he responds to your question. I posted the video for its info about how the optics, focus, etc. affect the appearance of objects viewed through the system. Bottom line, what appears on the video is not an accurate depiction of what is being viewed.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Possible drone caught on blurry, cheapo web cam loosely mounted on a telescope that has incompatible optics? Or, a group of balloons illuminated by some stray light sources? Could be Santa Claus for all we know given the information and variables here.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
definitely looks like a stereotypical saucer with lights circling the equators edge. you can see the bottoms saucer like appearance because of those lights. maybe possilbly one light on the very bottom,

i don't think its a star or planet. if it isnt a real saucer then perhaps he made a fake toy saucer model and filmed it through his crappy setup. maybe its one of those UFO shaped hot air balloons?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He replied,

Hi Tazkven..Thanks for watching... Well you know i don't care what they think. I have i have brand new telescope NO LOOSE WIRES. So it dose not matter to me what they think.  Peace and Love..J

I invited him over

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

I do not know why no one has mentioned this yet, but you see how the saucer has what looks like a support beam going thru the middle of it. There is another video of a saucer that looks just like this. It has red spinnig lights on it and it was filmed over an outdoor artist event, which led some to believe that it was some kind of artist project that was made to float over the event. Though no one could see anything supporting it and no one I have heard of has come forward to claim it as their own.

Jonathan Frakes [Star Trek NG] was the narrater of this TV video. Maybe someone can find this video because the ufo is right in the beginning of the documentary. The doc is at least an hour long and is called something like "Best UFO's Caught on Tape".

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Here is the link. I cannot get it to post.

You will see it 8 seconds into the video. Pause it and you will see it looks like the same style of saucer. The person who filmed it talks about it too.

www.youtube.com...

<<   2  3 >>

join