It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone call for a plague of locusts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well, if you were looking for one, one has appeared. Have a locust plague! RSOE even says so.

Recent weeks have seen increasing reports of a "plague of locusts," which some experts say could hit Egypt's Nile Delta within days. Since January, swarms of the insects - originating from Sudan - have been spotted along the Red Sea coast, in south-eastern Egypt, north-eastern Sudan, Eritrea and Saudi Arabia. On 17 February, the UN's Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) reported that more locust swarms were expected in south-eastern Egypt and north-eastern Sudan. On Monday, swarms were reported to have reached Egypt's Red Sea city of Zafarana, some 200 kilometres from Cairo, en route to Saudi Arabia. On Tuesday, an emergency alert was issued in the Upper Egyptian city of Qena after locusts appeared in at least three major villages.
Source

Hmmm... What else is there? The news is just one happy story to the next these days.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I saw that earlier. What came to mind was the earthquake in Rome and the lightening strike on the Vatican and the pope resigning and the comets ... etc etc. I find it all strange. Maybe I'm just looking for signs ... but I find it all strange ...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess it's Autumn there. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Actually they are into the second last month of their winter which lasts from November to April! But what was your point in any case!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Locust swarms aren't exactly some unholy phenomenon that happens every thousand years ago, i don't believe it is fair to call a swarm of locusts a herald of our end.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
Locust swarms aren't exactly some unholy phenomenon that happens every thousand years ago, i don't believe it is fair to call a swarm of locusts a herald of our end.

If any swarm of any creature should have looked like the End of Days, then surely it would have been that massive mice infestation Australia had the honor of hosting way back when :shudders:

Doesn't that area in general (Egypt area) have locust swarms something like once a decade? I could have sworn it was fairly regular.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I hadn't intended to suggest the Second Coming was days away and it's a sign of doom to all mankind.

I just thought a locust swarm, specifically termed a Plague of all things and coming up on RSOE would be something everyone would find interesting. Given world events and everything else, it's almost casually amusing to see yet another thing added to the pile, however ordinary in all other years. This year? It's just another headache no one needed, eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Yep, a real headache, we had one in SE Australia a couple of years ago, cost millions in insecticide to keep it under control. They were spraying hundreds of square kilometers a day. We had to put fly screen over our car grills in case we drove through them and they clogged up the radiator.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I thought I might bring an update to my thread on this. ROSE reports that Israel is having locust issues now from the main swarm over Egypt. The little buggers get everywhere when they do this eh?

Biological Hazard in Israel on Monday, 11 March, 2013 at 03:53 (03:53 AM) UTC.

Description
A new swarm of locusts hit the Ramat Hanegev region Sunday morning. Israel has experienced several minor locust infestations in recent days as small groups break off from an enormous swarm in the Giza region of Egypt. Agriculture Ministry officials said they are following the situation and will take action as necessary. Earlier in the day the ministry sprayed pesticides in select areas to kill a different swarm.
(Source: RSOE Report )

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Science has recently found that a certain frequency that the hoppers give off causes them to go locust. They are trying to figure out how to neutralize it. Could someone have figured out a way to start them going locust and be using it as a weapon? Knowledge is power, power is often misused by those who try to control us.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I thought this was going to be about CONGRESS. But then I saw it was about locusts and not LEECHES.

It is a very interesting series of signs we are presented with these days. Too bad people will use it as a reason to further instigate trouble in the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

join