It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Sound Frequencies To Change Your Brain Waves & Create Positive Results

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Can we enhance our creativity, intuitive insights, memory, intelligence and health by altering our brain waves?
- Yes

You can use sound to positively alter your brain wave frequencies and produce specific desired results.

Source

The ancients understood that sound can help us alter our consciousness and unleash mind powers that are normally not accessible to us in ordinary consciousness. Anthropologists who have studied ancient shamanic rituals have found that shamans, for example, have long used the rhythmic sounds of drum beats to induce altered states of consciousness. Scientists have found that specific drum beat frequencies can produce theta brain waves, which match meditative states.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
There are four recognized brain wave ranges: Beta (14-30 Hz) is present in normal waking consciousness; Alpha (7-14 Hz) in states of relaxation; Theta (4-7 Hz) in meditative states; and the slowest, Delta (0.5-4 Hz) in deep sleep and profound meditative states. The most recently researched brain frequency is Gamma, which is the fastest, about 30.0 Hz and higher

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think it's called: Going out to a club and dancing.

... and other things, but, music, dancing, feeling good. Yup.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You are absolutely true
Music cheers us up . Music makes up happy when we are in sad mood . Music raises our spirit high . Music heals our pain

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

edit on 8-3-2013 by RIISE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I think it's called: Going out to a club and dancing.

... and other things, but, music, dancing, feeling good. Yup.

Thanks for reminding me. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Music is certainly a powerful medium of expression we humans have discovered. Then, once you see someone dancing to a certain beat, it's hard to not join them. Dancing is contagious, and rightfully so. Endorphins get released when "into the groove".

edit on 8-3-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RIISE

I don't know about this. Binaural waves are pretty much just a gimmick to me--even white noise seems to make more sense. My grandma tried the whole brain stimulus thing and I think she improperly rewired her brain and became more crazy from it. Meditation is good, and you can totally do that with music... But again people who try pumping their brain with low waves I think does more harm than good.

Little do people know but windmills can be damaging to your mental health. These big objects on huge turbines create sub-base frequencies and though you can't really hear it your body more or less feels it and you can become ill, sometimes even depressed from it. Noise, audible and not has a very interesting effect on the mind and boy though, that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

Thanks for that information . I will do more research on this topic .

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This might all be in my head, but I think I just wrote the most intricate verse I've ever written. Listened to 7Hz frequencies for a bit and got the urge to write. I'd post up the results when I've done a good recording if anyone's interested, too late at night for that. (Note: It's Hip Hop, and no it isn't that garbage radio Hip Hop 99% of the world knows it as. Straight poetry, lyricism, and messages.)

EDIT: Also, thanks for this info. I wasn't aware of anything on this subject until tonight, I'm gonna read up on it some more when I get a chance.
edit on 8-3-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Brainwaves will natural follow repetitive patterns, this is where the old hypnotists swinging watch comes from as the watch slows so do the brain waves.

Research binaural beats:

en.wikipedia.org...

Using two slightly differing tones entering each ear your brain will 'synchronise' with the frequency allowing you to put yourself into different states of consciousness there is a program called GNAURAL which allows you to generate these tones to an MP3.

I've got one that puts me to sleep for when i'm a bit insomniac.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

We are absolutely ready to hear you
Best of Luck

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I've got one that puts me to sleep for when i'm a bit insomniac.

Can you please post that tone for us

Thanks

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Binaural beats are from what I understand. Two frequencies played at the same time that cancel each other out. Allowing you to hear a beat of whatever frequency that you wouldn't normally hear. Like say 140 hz in your left ear and 120 hz in the other would allow you to "Hear" a 10hz beat.

You can download the beats here --v Or just listen Either way.

Binaural Beats

I think it's nifty, I downloaded the beats, and have them set from high alpha to gamma. So I go through all the stages, though I tend to fall asleep around low theta. -shrugs- It's not for everyone but it does help in some cases.

By the way, please don't flame for my "Layman Understanding" of binaural beats. Just trying to help. ^~^
edit on 8/3/2013 by SemperParatusRJCC because: -shrugs- On a whim

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Studies have demonstrated that when people listen to sounds that are in the theta range (4.0- 7.0 Hz), they enter deep meditative states and tend to have greater visualizations, inspiration and reprogramming abilities than when they are in the ordinary waking state of beta. While meditative states, such as theta, are enormously valuable, the higher frequency states, such as beta/gamma, also provide their own benefits. If you want to enhance your mind abilities while you are working on your computer or doing analytical work that requires high-alert states, you can benefit from listening to beta/gamma frequencies. These higher frequency sound waves are associated with bursts of insights, high-level information processing and certain cognitive activities, such as analysis and math

The theta mind state, for example, is associated with many extraordinary and even super human abilities. Shamans and other people who live close to the earth, such as the Aborigines of Australia, have long been known for possessing super human powers. According to stories passed on by shamans of the Southwest, Sitting Bull and Geronimo used mind powers to time travel, walk without leaving foot-prints, communicate with plants and discover miraculous cures.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
So then while on ATS I should be listening to a beta loop then. Interesting.
That would also explain why I fall asleep, I end up relaxed too much and end up in dreamland, or elsewhere for that matter, though I have no recollection of doing so.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RIISE

You can take it much further. If we are a wave, string or what ever you call it, then we can tune in to any frequency that pleases us. Everything in the universe has it own sound/melody. Look at it if we are a radio and can receive any signal/information plus you can also transmit negative or positive wave that effects everything around you.
There is a sound for every feeling. So it's kind of not only about music.

Hmm I don't know where this came from. It kind of just did.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

Thanks for that Link

There are all the beats we were referring earlier

- gamma 40 Hz

- high beta 25 Hz

- mid beta 20 Hz

- low beta 15 Hz

- high alpha 12 Hz

- mid alpha 10 Hz

- low alpha 8 Hzb

- high theta 6 Hz

- mid theta 5 Hz

- low theta 4 Hz

- delta 2.5 Hz

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

Yep
Universe does produce its own Melody

Sounds of the Universe

More Sounds

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RIISE

Not really practical its a 45 min wav burned to a CD in my stereo by my bed its not something I have time for right now. Sorry.

You would be better off downloading Gnaural yourself that way you can be certain there is no subliminal hidden content. My sleep Tone slowly goes down through the tones from wide awake brain waves to fast asleep then fades out.
edit on 8-3-2013 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

Its OK
I will download that software

top topics

<<   2 >>

join