It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence #?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
"I like God do not play with dice. Nor do I believe in coincidence. "
V for Vendetta

The next time you hear the word COINCIDENCE, being used anywhere by anyone, or even if you hear it in your own mind. My hope is you will remember this thread and look a little more closely to events, as they unfold before you.

To me coincidence is two people who live in the U.S. and grow up together, but haven't seen each other in years,
bump in to each other in Paris, France. Let this example be the # in my heading and for the rest of the thread, I will be addressing the ? marks. As they will represent historical events and the symbolism used in our society.
Lets look at four words and their definitions along side each other first. As I believe the logistics of this thread can be seen much easier by doing so. Pay most attention to the last word defined.

From Websters:
Coincidence - Striking occurrence by mere chance of two or more events at one time. The act, fact or condition, of coinciding.

Coincide - To concur
...............................................................................................

Synchronicity - Events that appear to be connected but have no demonstrable casual relationship.

Synchronize- ( Def.4. As it appears in the text ) To cause to agree in time of occurrence, to ASSIGN to the same time or period as in HISTORY.

Have you ever wondered why your teacher used a five pointed star on your paper in grade school. I did and in fact I asked the question often in this form and I quote myself. " Why do you put the sign of the werewolf on my paper ? " I hated that as a little kid. As I became an adult and reflected on the irony of what most of you will deem as insignificant. It's beyond easy to see why not one teacher could answer my question with anything but, " Coincidence ". I just wasn't familiar with the world enough to ask the question in its proper form i.e

Why do we use a symbol of evil to signify something that is supposedly good ? ( Evil or not I chose a link that presents both sides of the argument )
As on our flag, sheriff's office, hundreds of corporations, and a little kids paper ? I don't think my teachers could have possibly known, bless their hearts that this symbol is actually a very often used in satanic rites. Often to conjure demons. As the rock band MONSTER MAGNET signifies by their title.

Just to touch on one last thing concerning a theological point of view. It is amazing to me how willing science is to believe in coincidence upon coincidence rather than just accepting an Intelligent Designer, Creator, God.

But enough of religion.

Lets turn to politics and what history refers to as the coincidental parallels between two Presidents of the U. S. Kennedy and Lincoln. I really don't know what to make of this, but in my honest opinion
there is far to much coincidence going on here, to be called coincidence. But to suggest any thing else, we would have to turn to something in the realm of the paranormal. Well, at least I'm in the right forum. The redundancy of the parallels is beyond belief. Maybe some of members can find a different explanation, because I've looked.

Any ways I could go on and on with what we are expected to believe is coincidence in our history. From 911 to hurricane Sandy and Sandy Hook itself.

I'm thinking something more sinister is at work in our world, than coincidence.

Does it seem that way to you ?

edit on 7-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/8/2013 by kosmicjack because: fixed title

edit on 3/8/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I'm thinking something more sinister is at work in our world, than coincidence. Does it seem that way to you ?

so what do you think is going on?
We have lots of threads about synchronicity/coincidence already. At least try to come up with a reason to differentiate the thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I'm thinking something more sinister is at work in our world, than coincidence. Does it seem that way to you ?

so what do you think is going on?
We have lots of threads about synchronicity/coincidence already. At least try to come up with a reason to differentiate the thread.

Are you saying this is copycat thread ? Do I just mimic other threads with no originality, no direction, no purpose ?
I'm sure you realize something yourself because you responded. Yet you failed to answer my question first. What's up with that ?
edit on 8-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

"I like God do not play with dice. Nor do I believe in coincidence.

V for Vendetta "

Media is prophet of materialism

The truth is that satan has no symbol. He is one cornered and expelled Djin.

He wants to look great and almighty to distract us from true almighty.

He uses these symbols and tells his friends to use them to give him this unreal credit. (an illusion)

He has no place , no symbol and no power in front of god. That is what a healthy heart would tell you.

But I have seen many Christians think he is a rival of god which is the result of Satanism which is advertised by Holywood.(movies like Omen and Constantine and Matrix)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Weeeeeeeell O_K_ I guess I can see what you are thinking... I mean owls have always been symbolic of this type of mystic and "wise", important meaning, and I'll agree there are a lot of good "coincidences" surrounding owls... but... This is hardly the best piece of proof for why Sandy Hook doesn't seem to make sense and add up to what the media is saying.

The pure fact that the picture was shown BY CNN makes me think it has barely anything to do with... well... anything actually. They try to paint their little stories to seem all emotional and riveting regarding sandy hook but let me tell you this: Whether or not it is the Illuminati, this prank that someone is pulling on the mass sheep of America is sick.

Keep looking though

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Hey, Mideast!

I'm just a little confused about something you said, I was hoping you could further explain what you meant by the following:

Originally posted by mideast
But I have seen many Christians think he is a rival of god which is the result of Satanism which is advertised by Holywood.(movies like Omen and Constantine and Matrix)

I've never watched the Matrix and the Omen is a pretty creepy movie...but Constantine was really good, it was based on a long running comic book series and the protagonist (John Cnstantine) was fighting for good, not evil. I just wanted to know what similarities you saw in these movies that you also believe come from Satanism

I don't know if you're a follower of Islam or not but I know that the Christian equivalent of Satan in Islam is Shaytan (or Iblis, prior to being cast out of the Garden/Paradise/Jannah by Allah). Do you know if there is a faction of the Islamic world that have turned against Allah to come together to collectively worship Shaytan/Iblis and the evil djinn?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can't say much about coincidences concerning the SH incident as I have done my best to avoid it as much as possible because as a mother and grandmother it is much too upsetting. The only thing I can say for sure from what little I have heard is that there seems to be a lot of conflicting stories concerning the incident- and I will leave it at that.

I have experienced the type of coincidence you used as an example- meeting an old childhood friend years later at some faraway place, in fact it has happened many times over the years. This leads me to wonder if those meetings were indeed coincidences or part of some greater unseen pattern. As I grow older and wiser it becomes increasingly apparent to me that there is possibly no such thing as a coincidence at all, after all the saying that "history repeats itself" had to come from somewhere.

The Mayans were on to something with their great belief in cycles I think, not just with major world encompassing patterns but in the patterns and cycles of our every day lives. History does indeed repeat itself even in the smallest of ways.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I can always count on you for a great reply littled.
Excellent.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Have you ever wondered why your teacher used a five pointed star on your paper in grade school. I did and in fact I asked the question often in this form and I quote myself. " Why do you put the sign of the werewolf on my paper ? " I hated that as a little kid. As I became an adult and reflected on the irony of what most of you will deem as insignificant. It's beyond easy to see why not one teacher could answer my question with anything but, " Coincidence ". I just wasn't familiar with the world enough to ask the question in its proper form i.e

Why do we use a symbol of evil to signify something that is supposedly good ? ( Evil or not I chose a link that presents both sides of the argument )
As on our flag, sheriff's office, hundreds of corporations, and a little kids paper ? I don't think my teachers could have possibly known, bless their hearts that this symbol is actually a very often used in satanic rites. Often to conjure demons. As the rock band MONSTER MAGNET signifies by their title.

Or, if we go with the simplest explanation, it's because a star is a naturally occurring phenomenon that's been reproduced many times for many different reasons over the centuries. I'm not sure why one would consider the natural star as evil, when taken by itself. If you place the many non-sensical meanings that have been applied to it over the centuries, then, yes, it could be misconstrued as evil - but I think stars are cool, and therefore liked to see them on my paper.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This thread got me thinking again about the root origin of all things.

I was watching parts 1 and 2 of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", which is in Swedish (the good version). The similarities to English were amazing. I found myself learning the language just watching 3-1/2 hours of subtitles.

My point is that all things must have proceeded from a common source and how fascinating it would be to finally answer that question of who are we and where did we come from?

What was the star symbol first used for before everyone else appropriated it?

Now that is a question that really drives me to find an answer and, in doing so, I make myself crazy. I understand why there are schizos in this world. You can drive yourself to the point of madness trying to find the answers to the simplest questions.

I got a little off track here but I am in tune with the OP. There is no such thing as coincidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Wow good post. I agree with you that trying to find answers to these simplistic questions and realizing they aren't so simple. Can make a person crazy when they attempt to answer them on their own. And surreal is the moment when one realizes the only possible answers come from a reality no one considers legit. That can be very lonely at times. One of the reasons I post here a lot is to find solace in like mindedness. It seems to help.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I say that mideast would be of the opinion that the movie Constantine promotes the idea that Satan is of a power to rival God. Also just because the protagonist of a movie is not evil or satanic (in this case even actively fighting evil) doesn't say the same for the movie itself. Constantine does present a worldview in which humans are seemingly reduced to pawns in a cosmic game of chess.

Although I don't personally know of any fellow Christians who are of the view that the cosmic balance between good and evil is of such a precarious nature It is fairly regularly presented as such "artistically". Simply dogmatically, and that says nothing of abounding personal views of the same, that Christians view God as Almighty and therefore of infinitely more power then a created being such as Satan. Although granted we tend to bestow greater power on him then the majority of Islam who view him as a djinn rather than a fallen angel.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Christianity even views the Djinn as fallen angels if I'm not mistaken ? In the form of a question as per your educated opinion my good man.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

But we are cosmic pawns. There's a reason the Indians coined the term skinwalkers. There's more to that name than 99% of the population realizes.

Once awakened, your horror never fades. We are gamepieces moved about a board for cosmic amusement.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

"I like God do not play with dice.

I seriously had to google that quote because it made absolutly no sense to me like that. Remember the comma next time.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyWarrior

"I like God do not play with dice.

I seriously had to google that quote because it made absolutly no sense to me like that. Remember the comma next time.

Yes, I apologize. I often assume everyone is familiar with what I'm thinking and I get careless because of that.
Please pardon my short comings.

I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence.

I'm not doing this a hundred times tho !

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The word 'alignment' would have fitted nicely into your post, but you did not mention it. I feel that is is relevant to your argument though. In my life I have witnessed the exact event that you mentioned about the two friends meeting up in another country. Funny thing was though, I was sitting there minding my own business in an airport and all of a sudden knew that I was going to see someone I knew. I started looking around at that point and stayed alert, and then ran into an old friend from the lower 48.

My point is that things will line up for you when you make an effort and count on them. I believe that this is where the idea of God originally took hold. Reality will align itself in front of you, providing you with challenges, rewards and a path to take that fits your desire if you only look for it.

I read somewhere a long time ago, that if you take the natural odds and factor them in, a human being should have died twenty times already by the time he's twenty years old, just due to being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

The word 'alignment' would have fitted nicely into your post, but you did not mention it. I feel that is is relevant to your argument though. In my life I have witnessed the exact event that you mentioned about the two friends meeting up in another country. Funny thing was though, I was sitting there minding my own business in an airport and all of a sudden knew that I was going to see someone I knew. I started looking around at that point and stayed alert, and then ran into an old friend from the lower 48.

I have done this also, realized something off the wall was about to happen, just before it happens. Deja Vu doesn't quite describe it, but it sure feels eerie as hell while it's happening.. Great post in my opinion.

I read somewhere a long time ago, that if you take the natural odds and factor them in, a human being should have died twenty times already by the time he's twenty years old, just due to being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would say this is indeed correct, because at 54, I know of at least 54 times, I should have been dead my man.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ever think about Quantum Mechanics? Scientist's don't even want to but maybe those simple delays or not paying attention, etc that occur during every day and two people that knew each other just miss by seconds? Perhaps in another quantum universe the version of these people missed each other. What if we miss the synchronities more often than we even know?
Have you read any Robert Anton Wilson? Take the 23 test. Notice numbers you see & hear on the news, tv in general and 23 will pop up more than any number. I have 10 friends that I insist this is true. None believe it until all spend any length of time around me. I'm sure they just don't notice numbers that much and deny it but it doesn't stop. 3-5 times a day 23 showns up and usually at dramatic moments or a focal point to something. 3of my friends believe me because they see them very day. 2 friends would deny I was right no matter what I say and 5 just glare at me when I point them out very hour or so. Thi includes my girlfriend.
Also for the other posters who haven't seen the Matrix, Satan isn't in it but it's an 21st century example of Plato's
Cave.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This idea makes wonder about one of two things, oneness, as in an intrinsic literal connection between all living thing that can shape our intention and/or action or two, we are living in a simulation and glitches occur either randomly or selectively. I personally feel we are connected at levels some are aware of and others deny, but connected nonetheless, functioning as a whole on many levels.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join