It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Nuclear ICBM's On Standby

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think everything really depends on what side China take in the event of a NK attack (regardless of who they attack). I really dont think Russia care at this point - they would gain so much more being friendly with USA than they would NK. If NK launch a nuke towards Japan, SK or whatever and China disapprove, NK will be so stomped it will sieze to be a country. But what would happen if China says "enter NK and its war with China"? Would USA still dare to attack? I think they would. They would have no choice. BUT if Russia also side with China against US... We'll have a nice war going.
edit on 8-3-2013 by merka because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by skorpius
OK maybe they don't have long range missile's, but I am quite positive they can reach their neighbors SK and Japan. I am surprised nobody even considered how many American Troops we have over there in those two parts of the world. I would say 35000 plus. It would sure suck for our boys and girls over there if that Maniac decides to do something crazy.

What do you mean nobody considered it? Its come up several times in this thread, and I am 100% sure that the American's know this. You may only have realized it now, but everybody else knew all this a long time ago.

link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
No worries. The U.S. has the technology to intercept and prematurely detonate anything NK launches at this point. NK will then be humiliated and embarassed into submission in front of the international community, which to them will be worse than any sanction.

Luckily NK isn't stupid and knows this, and probably has not even considered trying something like that. They just like making threats, and trying to use words to make themselves seem big and strong.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

What ICBMs do they have?

They debuted a new one in Feb. in a parade, the KN-08 ICMB.
However, to my knowledge, it hasn't been successfully tested yet, though they have tested engines for it.
If analysts are correct, it could reach Alaska, Hawaii and targets along the US Pacific coast.

Of course, this is more bluffing by NK. With their current setup and platforms, we'd detect the PREP for a launch with more than enough time to nullify it. I suspect that's the primary reason for the "exercises" currently taking place in the region.

But what would happen if China says "enter NK and its war with China"? Would USA still dare to attack?

If there was an unannounced NK launch detection?, absolutely the US forces in the region would nullify it, but only with sufficient force to negate the attack (and destroy the facility doing the launch). I think China is even fed up with NK at this point... We really should just let China roll in and take them and be done with it. It'd really be a LOT better for both parties. They pretty much are already an extension, just with a nut behind the wheel. I'd much rather see NK part of the bigger whole.

i'm sure we have aircraft that could evade detection by north korea.

We have aircraft that can evade detection by US!
That was sometimes a complaint in exercises where stealth fighters were concerned, that the lack of detection meant relying only on visual sighting, and of course, the stealth pilots being vigilant (and safe, as reportedly, they liked to buzz non-stealth aircraft and scare the pants off their pilots).
edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

World War Three..?

More like WW2.1, as North America would sodomize the wannabe communist posers.

You mean...

America would sodomize

Canada and Mexico are not into that, maybe the U.S is, but not Canada for sure.
edit on 7-3-2013 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

Whatever dude, that's up to you folks. As long as you are making an informed decision and fully understand that your choices are sodomize or be sodomized.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think at this point, we are free to make a preemptive strike as they have put us under imminent threat. Not only have they threatened us verbally, but they have also supposedly placed military plans into action with their threat of nukes. Honestly, would the dictator really be stupid enough to threaten something so large unless he weren't actually bluffing? Think about it, it could fly out of control both ways anyway. If he didn't have these weapons and were threatening like that, then we or another country could in course bomb them anyway tired of their malarcky.

Thinking that Un knows of that possibility, do you think he would really threaten us with something like that if he were running with an empty barrel? I know he doesn't care about his own people, but he does care about his power and his own life. He's a fool, but I do not believe he's THAT much of a fool.

Now, I'm usually against war but at this point, I'm all for wiping them off of the map. I know it's terrible on both sides, but I can only see things from my side of the coin. They said they would hit the US's headquarters which I'm assuming would be DC. You see, I live only a measley hour from DC and I know that I am not ready to die yet. I don't want to see my family perish under the weight of a nuclear warhead (though I probably wouldn't even have the time to ) , and I most certainly don't want to live in a bunker for the next who knows how long. And then I think to my second cousin who just gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Monday and what that would mean for that newborn that didn't even get a chance to spread her wings. Didn't even get a fair glimpse of things. I think that they have pushed just far enough now for us to defend ourselves.

In the end, it needs to turn into a "well, they started it!" situation in my mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
exxon oil has more in yearly revenues than the entire yearly GDP of north korea...they would be a one trick pony in a "war" with anyone. bullets and bombs cost alot of money. it would be like a teen boy having sex for the first time. one big shot, then it's over.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Nth K doesn't have the tech to do anything of the sort. It is all propaganda.

epic fail.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

This was perhaps the most constructive response, thank you for the time and effort it took to post!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
They don't have ICBMs capable of carrying a nuclear device.

Bluffing,

and wanting an immediate ass kicking by the looks of it.

And even if they did, there are probably a couple of thousand interceptor missiles on teh SK boarder ready to strike any launched out of the sky.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Is there a way to check (USA) DefCon status online?

I'm at page 1 of google, but couldn't find anything that's not entirely fictional yet.
(and one hint that it's classified and we can't check it at will)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by maoklein

I'm at page 1 of google, but couldn't find anything that's not entirely fictional yet.

defconwarningsystem.com... They're at 4.
Edit: This isn't official, it's done by a group monitoring world situations.
edit on 8-3-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by maoklein

I think that would be confidential and not online fodder. Remember, they tell the people as little as possible to "not alarm" the masses.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

yeah that one was one of the first search results.

i dismissed it promptly. We all know that NK may be saber rattling but condition blue is kind of a huge underestimation, isn't it?

edit to add: even it's only for PR purposes. Today is certainly a day filled with big (war bent) news
edit on 8/3/2013 by maoklein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
The only way North Korea has a sizable nuclear arsenal if if China is supplying the warheads.

In conspiracy-land, it could be other countries, even the USA illegally supplying things. You did see that devil incarnate, and he won't deny it, Dennis Rodman pay a visit recently. Maybe a coup that the first nation that encourages NK to do something incredibly stupid gets a discount on certain equipment. Maybe the rest of the planet wants NK out of the way so they can get some useful war on. Hey if their government style changes they could be the next sweat shop labor country making your ugly six dollar t-shirts.

For this time we actually have evidence of WMD, but you see that nuclear phobic country called Japan in the flight path of nukes between USA and NK? Yeah, they can't handle any more fallout or washout right now, so glassing the place has no long term value. We wait until an idiot leans on the big red button.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'll wager it goes to DEFCON 3 on March 11th.

As a primer:

DEFCON 5 FADE OUT Normal readiness Blue
DEFCON 4 DOUBLE TAKE Above normal readiness Green
DEFCON 3 ROUND HOUSE Increase in force readiness (AF ready to mobilize in 15 min) Yellow
DEFCON 2 FAST PACE Next step to nuclear war, (AF ready to deploy and engage) Red
DEFCON 1 COCKED PISTOL War is imminent, maximum readiness White

Remember too, different branches/groups of the service can be at different DEFCONs.
I'd imagine right now that SAC is at DEFCON 4 while the rest are at DEFCON 5.

The last time we were at DEFCON 3 was 911 (and it didn't go lower).
Lowest we got was DEFCON 2 (Cuban Missile Crisis).

edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Hopefully ill get to kill some North Koreans. Lets see how they bleed. We need to make sure their blood is red.

I'm willing to fight, I just hate having a commander and chief that hasn't mobilized us yet, freakin coward. I can't believe he lets North Korea threaten us like this.

You force China to deploy to North Korea, or send us in. Use an EMP as the opening strike, there goes their ICBMs.
edit on 7-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Wow seriously? Thats some evil shi... Dont you think we need to be nuked or threatened or stood up against??? Get out of here!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
somebody needs to go to sk border and start pulling faces at them and mooning laughing and throwing rotten fruit at them ... may as well make a carnival event of it because they will sign the death warrant for their entire country if they did pull the nuclear trigger .

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Let's say China is in it for the whole shabang and back NK...Well...That move would automaticly put Japan in oour corner. So the, I ran wants to put their foot in the door and get in on the action so they join the KN and China camp...Ok...Well...Let's say this provoques Isariel to just pucker up and get in too but on our side....So far, we are winning...Plus, the English, Australia, Canada ( I know we only have canoes and Cesnas but still..LOL ), gets in and starts supporting the the US and Japan ....Now, tell me please....You think any other country would want to go up against that ??? The Russians, maybe. They need an economic boost but I think we can all agree that they are on the fence and would have a financial advantage in jumping in the "game", but what side >> Let's say they join up with China, Iran and NK....Would they have an adantage still ??? I think not !!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
What ICBMs do they have?
The Taepodong-2 has a maximum range of 4.5km;has ICBM ever been successfully tested? Has it been tested with the load of a nuclear warhead? Even with NK's recent tests, have they suddenly successfully reduced the size of the payload to be fitted on an ICBM?

I think these questions are what keeps much of the world in a "here we go again" status in regards to North Korea. Eventually though, they will achieve those capabilities (and beyond).

I am with you on this, but how many countries are looking for a scapegoat to destroy America. Probably not the ones that own our debt or the ones that we make rich from buying their exports but the rogue nations hell bent on our destruction regardless the outcome.

It doesn't take an ICBM to get a nuke to our shores. Remember the Russian make Club-K system the shipping container missile system? Link

As far as I know NK current systems only have the "ability" to hit the West Coast and didn't NK mention that they were going to turn Washington DC into a "sea of fire".

Launch

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join