It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Nuclear ICBM's On Standby

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Why would NK benefit from launching an ICBM, as soon as the US detected a launch that's it game over for NK. The US with their arsenal of nukes would simply eliminate NK off the map

The wouldn't.... People are reading too much into the whole threat on the US... NK doesn't necessarily mean US mainland, in fact I would 99% believe that they do NOT mean US mainland, but US interests in the pacific and Asia.

But all in all, I think if they do launch missiles, they will launch at SK and of course that would probably kill some thousand US troops stationed near the impact area.

The US have really got to get over the whole "oh my god they are going to attack our homeland.....!!11!".

You throw SO MUCH money away each minute on military and defense systems that your homeland is more than safe.
However... what is always at threat the US terrorist invasion forces policing the world. And why wouldn't they be at risk? They are an imperialist army!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by jude11
So many answers.

So many "I know everything", so many "let's nuke 'em", so many "They will be destroyed"...and so many "We will destroy them in seconds".

And yet...

Has anyone actually been there? Does anyone actually know their capabilities apart from what they've read in the MSM? Does anyone really know anything but hearsay and a few snippets from war monger blogs?

Too many people playing video games and because they win, they know all.

Does anyone actually believe that China will allow NK to be destroyed and occupied by the US right on China's border? And then what? "China is weak and cannot stand to a US invasion, occupation or...if we want to, we can stand right on the Chinese border."

Really?

Peace

Exactly.
Just a simple EMP would put the U.S to it' knees.

Certitude .. so funny.
To many Hollywood movies probably.

Anyway, war isn't funny for anyone, certainly not when we're talking nuclear war.

Easier said than done.

The only real EMP threat is one produced by a nuclear blast. Only a handful of nations possess the kind of technology required to achieve such a complex task of detonating a warhead @ the right altitude above the US to have the potential for widespread EMP damage. And such an attack would be considered a nuclear attack to which the US would retaliate. Also, keep in mind, the United States has been aware of the EMP threat far longer than other nations have had nuclear programs. They have been hardening military infrastructure against such threats for decades.

So, does NK have the capability to get a nuclear warhead from point A to detonation at point B?
And, are they crazy enough to follow through with such an attack?

Kim Jong Un is practically a kid who just inherited a throne of starvation and oppression. And now this kid is so pissed off we froze his bank accounts that he promises to show us how mad he is by threatening to nuke United States...He's pissed off enough to make threats to hurt us, but, is he pissed off enough to commit suicide? Is he pissed off enough to cause the almost certain deaths of those he cares about? Is he pissed off enough to give up his throne? what does he think is going to happen if he tries lobbing one of those warheads @ US?

More importantly, is Kim Jong Un crazy enough to harm the homeland of his new basketball buddy Dennis Rodman? I think not.

edit on 8-3-2013 by VonDinkinDunken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Forgive me for wanting to destroy the government of nation that just vowed to attempt to nuke my nation. Wrong, we aren't the same. Some times you have to shut someone's mouth before they start believing their own bull#.

Last I checked, North Korea is the one that threatened a Nuclear war I mean vowed a nuclear war, the worst kind possible. It's to damn late when two dozen tipped warheads start flying at their targets. At least Iran is smart enough to lie.

Personally, I just think you're weak.

edit on 8-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

So they went from a 2 kiloton burried test bomb(non useable as a weapon) to having multiple, Missile based warheads in what 3 months? They haven't even tested a Missile sized warhead yet, how do they expect to fire them and have them work. Even a failed nuke, will garner a #ing HUGE response on the world stage. Like, China, the US, South Korea Bombing the ever living # out of North Korea.

This stinks to the high heavens of propaganda. It's a pretty remarkable jump from buried several thousand kilogram nuclear test bomb, to a small several hundred pound warhead for a missile that would produce a weapons grade yield. I'm not impressed with these statements, nor do I believe NK has Multiple missile sized warheads of any serious concern.

I say Do it. I dare you.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
North Korea is punching way above its weight. They surely must be secure in the 'knowledge' that they can win this thing. Why would such a small armed, small geographical Country goad and instigate a military response from all of it's foes, from our perspective a force that can decimate North Korea many times over?

Do China and North Korea have a plan? Are those deserted ghost cities in China part of it due to an expected retaliation against China? Then there's Russia, with their recent bomb shelter constructions. Was Chernobyl an early test site to determine the effects of radiation on farming, wildlife, people and fauna?

Probably not, little Kim is just a crazy little mad man full of hubris.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Hopefully ill get to kill some North Koreans. Lets see how they bleed. We need to make sure their blood is red.

I'm willing to fight, I just hate having a commander and chief that hasn't mobilized us yet, freakin coward. I can't believe he lets North Korea threaten us like this.

You force China to deploy to North Korea, or send us in. Use an EMP as the opening strike, there goes their ICBMs.
edit on 7-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

oh please pfffft!!

go fight and die and lets see if you even have blood you robot, I hope you be the first to die; then its one less idiotic delusional soul to hold the world back from progressing.

the USA has no business in Asia not in Africa or the Middle East, the US has no business in sanctioning countries just because they test whatever they test on their soil. The Korean war could have ended a long time ago if it was left for Asian nations to finish it out, Perhaps a communist Korea would have been like China today which is obviously better than what we have!

North Korea was/and still is being pushed into a corner by the US and her puppets, and I guess they had enough.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The DPRK does not have ICBM`s but they do have nuclear weapons; era WW2 style warheads. They could be inspired to launch a ground attack but that would be really messy considering that will be at least four different forces involved.

I think that want the US to admit that government of the DPRK and start trade or aid deals. The Kim`s just really enjoy scaring the crap out of white people.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just a warning to North Korea before you make the decision to press that red button just be aware whether attempt will be successful or not you will be held responsible.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I didn't think they had created nukes capable of being fitted to ICBMs yet, but who knows what they have got really.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I see it going something like this. NK launches it's supposed nuclear missiles, They cheer in pride. South Korea, or any US missile sub in the area shoots it down. At which point, if the threat is deemed so a nuclear response could be considered reasonable.

Everyone up to snuff on American Nuclear class subs? No? Let me tell you then. Each Ohio class sub carries 24 SLBM, Yep, you heard that right 24 nuclear missiles per sub. Their yield is between 300-475kt. Each sub is also capable of carrying up to 12 MIRV warheads. What's a MIRV you say? Well I well tell you. These Missiles carry multiple warheads. Ranging from 4, and in some instances 10 or more... in one SLBM.

Think about that for a second. Just think.. Hiroshima, 21kt, Nagasaki, 21kt. Soo, Think about the difference in the yield of these weapons, and the devastation the previous caused. NK's most recent test came in around 10kt.. The Ohio class sub is packing 24 High grade, GPS guided missiles with warheads 30-40 times more powerful.

BACK TO THE SLBM's, not only are these bad boys packing 24 SLBM(with nuclear warheads), 12 of which are MIRV(cluster warheads) They have a range of 6500 Nautical Miles, ( 12,000km or 7500miles)

Also on board this bad boy are 154 tomahawk cruise missiles, and 4 mark 28 torpedo tubes. Basically, this one vessel could mess up North koreas day all by it's lonesome.

Seriously, go check it out. nuclearsecrecy.com...

Type in North Korea, select the Trident D4 Pick 24 cities to wipe from existence... This would be a single US sub mind you, Just one sub could reduce much of North korea to dust in mere minutes.. Now, logistically the cities I picked were completely random, aside from the lovely cluster I placed around the capital. Again, this is under the assumption the Ohio sub is carrying all Trident D4 single warhead SLBMS. If they are carrying MIRV's 1 missile can strike multiple targets with it's warhead.

Now this single sub could pour out all it's tubes in minutes, maybe even seconds, and they would arrive on their targets shortly after. Does North Korea really think boasting about Nuclear ICBM's that much of the world possesses the technology to shoot down is a good idea??? It's quite possible there are more than one Ohio class sub in this region right now. I say do it. Seriously Korea, go ahead. Give the good ol boys in the US a chance to play with their deadliest weapon to grace this earth.

I seriously doubt this is going to go down in any way like they think it will. I believe there is an option for the tomahawk missiles on that nuke sim as well. I'm not sure whether the Americans still have active service warheads for their tomahawks, but if an Ohio class sub is carrying 24 world changers I wouldn't put it past them to at least have some of those 154 tomahawks armed with smaller nuclear payloads as well.

Oh, and those SLBM's top out at something like 13,600 mph (21,600 km/h). They likely wouldn't be more than a few hundred miles from North Korea, I actually would be surprised to find out if they weren't already in relatively close range, as NK really doesn't have much in the way of a defense against them. Do The math. How many minutes does NK think they will have from the moment they start "attempting" to use their "Nuclear ICBMS" To the very last breath of pretty much any vital NK structure.

A NK korean Nuke is something on the lines of lighting a match in hell. Isn't very impressive when the all mighty Sam can rain the sun down on them.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Instead of fighting wars in a battlefields why don't you all fight wars in a boxing ring.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Originally posted by milkyway12
Hopefully ill get to kill some North Koreans. Lets see how they bleed. We need to make sure their blood is red.

I'm willing to fight, I just hate having a commander and chief that hasn't mobilized us yet, freakin coward. I can't believe he lets North Korea threaten us like this.

You force China to deploy to North Korea, or send us in. Use an EMP as the opening strike, there goes their ICBMs.
edit on 7-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

HA HA HA!!! EMP's only work on Electronics that are running. If you launch an EMP at them, that's great good idea for some things, but it isn't going to render ICBM's that aren't already online from operating. If they are online, they are likely launching, at which point the EMP won't do much. The missiles hull is metal, which will protect the innards from the EMP much like a farraday cage.

EMP, is not the answer for everything. If you were say going to go in on foot to try and FSU in NK an EMP would be helpful in messing up their communication and logistics, but it won't stop them from launching missiles.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If they actually could do what they say and they succeeded it would be such a failure on the behalf of our government that we would have to get them out. I mean if a country threatens you with a nuke and then on the million to one (if not higher) odds they succeeded that would be just ridiculous. That would be like 9/11 times a million. There were memos high up that warned of 9/11, but this threat has been international news for a week.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I was under the impression that EMPS destroyed all unprotected electronics regardless of whether they are on or not. That said.. most government military installations and especially missiles have protections against them for second strike capabilities.. they would have to be really incompetent not to.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
The DPRK does not have ICBM`s but they do have nuclear weapons; era WW2 style warheads. They could be inspired to launch a ground attack but that would be really messy considering that will be at least four different forces involved.

I think that want the US to admit that government of the DPRK and start trade or aid deals. The Kim`s just really enjoy scaring the crap out of white people.

AS far as Pretty much the whole world is aware, NK doesn't even have a "Bomb" yet. They have tested succesful nuclear devices, but they are test devices, not weapons to be dropped from a plane(bomb), or warheads to be put on missiles. NK has not even tested a ICBM yet, unless they are now going to go ahead and admit that's what that last little satellite launch was even after swearing to the dearly departed ill it wasn't.

They possess neither bombs to be dropped from planes, warheads for missiles, or working ICBM's.

This is all just a bunch of hot air. I don't doubt that something could kick off, but I think this boisterous claim is more of a "stay back or I'll blow this mother effer sky high" kind of deal.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I do think it's a little funny that we are pushing so hard against Iran who may or may not even be making nukes while a country that is actively testing missles and nukes and really threatening us gets away with it.

I am not so worried about them attacking the US or even Japan really and i do think China would crush them before we got a chance if they did anything (yeah, China likes it's slave labor and buffer between the west, but they aren't going to stand for a nuclear war). My concern is them getting a nuke off in Seoul. I mean Seoul is RIGHT there near the DMZ and NK is constantly trying to dig under the DMZ. If they had a way through they could hit Seoul with a missle or even artillary nukes and then flood them with troops and it would be hell.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Hijinx

I was under the impression that EMPS destroyed all unprotected electronics regardless of whether they are on or not. That said.. most government military installations and especially missiles have protections against them for second strike capabilities.. they would have to be really incompetent not to.

I know this is what we are lead to believe, and I too believed it for some time, but you could protect many more sensitive electronics by putting them in a metal garbage can. lol.

EMP's are most effective against Electronics that are operating at the time of the EMP and long wires, antenna arrays. An EMP would be good for gaining nearly immediate air superiority as it would knock out Radar, communications, local power. How ever, many aircraft, missiles etc would be un-phased. How ever, those aircraft would then be flying blind so to speak(Onboard radar would likely be untouched) but as far as that goes if the US got involved it'd be like driving a VW bug at a monster truck demolition derby.

EMP's have their place, it's just not what many of us are lead to believe by media, video games etc. I really believed it was the ultimate stop all too for a long time. It's not though, you would need a very very very very very large EMP before you could knock out an offline ICBM, or any offline electronic for that matter.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
To the people saying they don't have the technology, I beg to differ. Don't believe American media when they said they're years away from perfecting the technology, they are actively trading directly with Iran and other capable nations who have built successful delivery systems in the past.

If they had the technology, wouldn't the U.S. be pressing to bomb them the way we do Iran?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I thought the test devices were very similar to atom bombs that could be dropped? Also.. as I mentioned about they are so close to Seoul they could probably get one there or if one of their little cartel style tunnels succeeded just bring it right under SK.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

They have tested nukes. It's actually very dubious as to why we aren't on them like we are Iran. That has to do with Israel and ulterior motives. We want Iran gone for other reasons than them being a possible threat. NK illustrates that very clearly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join