It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Nuclear ICBM's On Standby

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Remember where I mentioned it was almost like they wanted us to buy guns?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They can pass ALL the gun control laws in the world after that, but if the war starts before any of those laws take effect, then they are all just wall paper to get us to buy us everything we can.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

How did China Russia get their nukes, look back and see what was said when they first tested theirs,
DPRK has not done this alone, if they have well they have better tech than we do, you do not come this far with a bluff unless you have something to back it up with.
I believe they do, if not 1000nukes then Bio Chem or a mix. Yea the hole would is asking where is the proof of the last test being a nuke, this is an unknown , and lets hope that we are all wrong on saying thinking DPRK has the nuke , but to do so with out the thought of the possibility is foolish and unreasonable. One does not need to set off a 1MT to test when a 1kt will tell you yes the mix is right the formula is right your good to go. and this was not their first test it was their 3rd

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

One does not need to set off a 1MT to test when a 1kt will tell you yes the mix is right the formula is right your good to go. and this was not their first test it was their 3rd

Yes they do,, a 1 Kt weapon would be a nuclear reaction. A 1 Mt weapon would need to be a thermonuclear reaction. These are two very different types of weapons.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The situation is getting more serious.

Everyone on ATS seems to think NK is stupid and incompetent, but Id just like to point out that hubris and arrogance have been the doom of many magnitudes greater tacticians than the arm-chair generals, chest thumpers and US cheerleaders on ATS. If NK is going for broke, they surely are in collusion with and are being backed by China, and only an utter fool would underestimate China.

Only an utter, god damned fool.

Thank God ATS arm-chair generals arnt in control of making any important decisions, though.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I dont think lil' kim is bluffing this time. Why make such a direct threat and cut off contact, thats an indicator of war. I know they've cut contact in the past but this seems to be different. Plus, he's not threatening "US Interests" in the region, he specifically said "The US", I think he's gunning for the mainland.

Who knows if he can do it or not, does he want to? Probably.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

er no read this www.atomicarchive.com... it does not mater of the size the reaction is the same, it can be a soft ball size or a 1MT only the blast is bigger not the reaction.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Guys look at the history. This maybe be something, but it`s probably nothing. There were far worse incidents in the DMZ.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

yea we would not be in Afghanistan for 11 years Iraq for 10 SK for 60, or any other part of the world , we wold be at home with a home deference force called up on by the USC, not a standing mil force, and would be telling the rest of the world sorry it has nothing to do with unless we are attacked or invaded.
As for China they are waiting to see what Happens, i think they might have the same agreement as we do with the south, if attacked or invaded, China will come the aid of DPRK, but if they DPRK starts it, only when we cross the 38th will they, China will come in , if we stay out of the 38 and pound it out. China might sit it out , but then they do want Taiwan. This is the unknown of the unknowns what will China do??

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Why would NK benefit from launching an ICBM, as soon as the US detected a launch that's it game over for NK. The US with their arsenal of nukes would simply eliminate NK off the map

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Never have they the DPRK cut the "Hot line", nor have they put missiles on stand by, nor have they been on full alert as they are now, this is not a god sign at all Un has one of 2 ways to go one , say it was a misunderstanding, or carry out his bluff ,and make it a hot war, anything he does now, he has to save face, he Un has to be in the eyes of the people Strong, one worthy of his dad and dads dream anything else he is good as gone.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
please have a look at my post here, I might found something interesting and important -> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I really don't like correcting but....
ICBM=Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
Intercontinental being the operative word
Missiles built to cross the oceans from say Russia to the Us or Us to china etc..
But Korea would not need ICBMs to launch a Nuclear attack on the south would they
Just ballistic missiles or cruise missiles. Hell germany was firing rockets across the channel at england in ww2!
Also always the chance that they could get a jet across the dmz and just drop one!
I think we all have to cross our fingers

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

and then China comes in to the act with their own set of nukes, No, this can not happen what ever happens must be DPRK's decision, as hard as that might sound it has to be that way, for if we do a preemptive strike on DPRK then we are at fault, If DPRK does do what they say they will do then they are at fault and could be on their own ,and China stays out of it, Russia as well, if Obama and his team are smart they are on the Phone making some real serious calls, to Both leaders. a conference call that should never be placed , but at this time i see no other way.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Please, elaborate. What exactly do you think China and North Korea has that we don't, 10 fold?

People, money (China at least) and to a degree national cohesion and a set of firm and old goals and designs. Not that I'm defending China or NK but in these they have superiority and that may even make a difference in the worst possible scenarios...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Just like Afghanistans "quick" war....

Don't let patriotism (while commendable) blind you to the other outcomes.

Yes, exactly like the quick war in Afghanistan. Just like the other poster you obviously know nothing about warfare, Afghanistan was a huge military victory, we won the war.

If you cannot figure out the difference between an occupation and a war, then I don't know what to say. Occupations never have a victory or defeat, they just have a beginning and end.

Tell me, why don't you consider destroying and capturing the entire military of a country, and taking over its government winning a war? Because every single military, in every singe country on the planet would consider that "winning a war" America won the Iraq and Afghanistan war... pretty damn easily and quickly. Look how low the American death toll is compared to any other war in history. More people were lost in single battles of the past than America has lost in the middle east in the last decade combined.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by jude11

Please, elaborate. What exactly do you think China and North Korea has that we don't, 10 fold?

Simple answer:

More than we are allowed to know. Why do you think the US hasn't upped their World Domination tour of NK? It's part of the (excuse me while I giggle) "AXIS OF EVIL"

If it was so easy, the US would have invaded and murdered all the women and children a long time ago as proven with their history.

Ain't gonna happen because the US will finally stand face to face with a foe that isn't weak or ready to stand down. Iraq is still killing US military on a regular basis right? How did that work out?

Iraq isn't NK/China. And China Will NEVER ALLOW the US to stand on it's border. Why doesn't anyone see this? Nuke NK, invade NK and you are essentially invading China.

Go ahead, try it.

Peace

edit on 7-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

You seem to be very short sighted on... everything.

First of all, your proof that NK is strong is that the US has not invaded them? You say that any country that can easily be defeated was already invaded by the US?

Ok... then why doesn't the US invade Mexico and Canada, and own all of North America? Whyh doesn't the US invade all the little African countries and take them over, making them additional US states?

Your logic is horribly faulty.

Second of all, you mention Iraq. Perhaps you should choose a different country, perhaps Vietnam, do demonstrate a US military failure.

The US very quickly went into Iraq and Afghanistan and destroyed or captured their ENTIRE military. They took over their governments. THAT is what you call a military victory. The US could have just bombed the entire country and left the country in shambles, that's called winning.

You wrongfully think the war wasn't won because we chose to occupy their countries. War and occupation are totally different things, we quickly and easily won the war against Iraq and Afghanistan, the occupation like ALL occupations continue to come up against resistance.

Your logic would say that the US government isn't in control of the USA simply because a few cops get killed now and again. You can't see how silly that is?

Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the first gulf war reinforced the fact that America has an incredibly powerful military, and those victories were won quickly and fully.

The only problem is that we stuck around after we won the war.

Get it now? Or does your blind America hate cause your logic gland in your brain to wither and die?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
Funny to see how much people here counting with an easy win for USA, yet they are still fighting wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Why is ignorance so prevalent on ATS? I really must be that hatred for America just makes you stop thinking critically and blinds you to truth and logic.

For the 3rd time, American won the war against Iraq and Afghanistan. We are now occupying them, not waging war against their country. Just like occupied Germany after WWII, can you really not tell the difference between a war and occupation?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I can count that Afghanistan barely had an army. And Iraq didn`t show too much resistance.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tlasalt

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by jude11

Electronic Warfare? Sound Wave technology? Rail guns? Awesome super bad dooper ship killing missiles? Magnetic technology? UV targeting? Star Wars?

Really?
edit on 7-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

A smaller Ego.

Did you really just say NK has a smaller ego? That's laughable... this thread was started because of NKs ridiculous, ego boosting, sabre rattling.

I'd agree on China though, at least in what they say. Their actions speak a bit differently though.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
They don't have ICBMs capable of carrying a nuclear device.

Bluffing,

and wanting an immediate ass kicking by the looks of it.

They have dealt with Russia in the past and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did have them. As for the ass kicking, good luck invading that country, you have 1 million hungry Nth Korean soldiers waiting for yous.

Because everyone knows that hungry, weak, soldiers are the best kind for defending a country! They'd think they were being invaded by giants if any western country went in there. Remember how many Russians the Germans killed? The Russians ended up winning, but they were also much closer to the Germans as far as military strength, than the NKs are to pretty much any of the top armies of the world. They also had the winters on their side as always. Oh yeah, and the Germans were in the middle of fighting off the rest of the world at the time too, so there's that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join