It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Nuclear ICBM's On Standby

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
Funny to see how much people here counting with an easy win for USA, yet they are still fighting wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I will not diginfy the fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq by calling them wars.
Did either country attack or say they were going to attack the USA.
The Twin Towers attack has not been proven to be done by any certain country so don't throw that at my comment.

I am still pissed having to watch my friends brought home in coffins during the VietNam Conflict.
Now seeing our men and women fighting a usless fight is horrible.

I would like to hear a real reason we are fighting on other countries soil.
Have asked many vets in the waiting rooms at the VA hospitals what was/is the reason we are there fighting there.
Have not gotton an answer yet except that it was their job.

So, now our military are now merceries?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

I wasn't trying to disparage the South's armies. But given the sheer amounts of firepower pointed in their direction and most likely a doctrine that they will not preemptively strike the North without provocation, the North could unleash and will inflict heavy losses at first; hence the comment "while they are annihilated"

A sneak attack or "preemptive" has the upper-hand but I agree that the South's forces are better equipped, better maintained, have better backing and would recover from the initial onslaught.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by jude11

Perhaps NK knows that it's too close to China for the US to us any nukes, and so SK comes in to the loop.

What could the USA do without South Korea, using them to actually "nuke" back at NK???

Peace

They are most likely using that leverage along with (until recent events) the slight backing it was receiving from Russia and China in regards to the United States. That pretty much is a wash given the latest round of UN stunts with both of them basically telling NK to knock it off. Their clout (Russia/China) can only hold so much water, even in a friendly UN assembly.

The US doesn't need to use SK for anything, other than bases of operations if hostilities broke out. Sadly, given the known technologies of the north, SK would suffer greatly while they were annihilated.

Absolutely, because the outcome of it all is a possible mutual annihilation...that is perhaps what everyone is concerned about.

North Korea's ongoing actions as of late, isn't doing any good either.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I have a pip boy......where do you wanna meet up.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by jude11

Please, elaborate. What exactly do you think China and North Korea has that we don't, 10 fold?

Electronic Warfare? Sound Wave technology? Rail guns? Awesome super bad dooper ship killing missiles? Magnetic technology? UV targeting? Star Wars?

Really?
edit on 7-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

A smaller Ego.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
I think I'm going to brush up on my Fallout 3 this weekend. When the time comes to wander the atomic wasteland, I want to be prepared.

So if the worst/most insane happens and somehow NK deploys a nuke, what happens next? Any theories on sequence of events or estimates on casualties? Would it automatically escalate to global war?

I'm playing World of Tanks at the moment, so that if I'm drafted I'll be more likely to command a M1A2 instead of being infantry... Right guys?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Thanks I love Zappa, that reminded me to post Bobby Brown Goes Down on another thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Iraq isn't NK/China. And China Will NEVER ALLOW the US to stand on it's border. Why doesn't anyone see this? Nuke NK, invade NK and you are essentially invading China.

The problem is that North Korea is rapidly alienating China. China is their closest ally, and supplies most of their food, and yet, they're getting annoyed with the North Korean antics with the nuclear tests. China actually voted for more sanctions in this last round.

China has had a refugee problem from North Korea, and is preparing for a flood of refugees in the near future as things continue to get worse in Korea. They aren't nearly as close as they were the first time around. I can easily see a deal worked out where the US pulls out of Korea after reunification (which was going to happen with or without reunification in the next two years), and China becomes one of their trading partners.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Making a nuclear warhead isn't "easy". There's evidence that Israel had quite a bit of help starting their nuclear program, help that North Korea hasn't had. If North Korea had built and tested nuclear weapons prior to now there would have been evidence that hasn't been there until a few years ago. There would have been evidence in air samples, or from satellites if they were above ground, and evidence from seismographs if they were detonated underground.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I can easily see a deal worked out where the US pulls out of Korea after reunification (which was going to happen with or without reunification in the next two years), and China becomes one of their trading partners.
reply to post by Zaphod58

I doubt reunification will happen in a near future, even without DPRK. Why Korea Republic (a country that is growing a lot) would want 59 million hungry and "ignorant" people? DPRK is not West Germany, most people there don`t have a clue about the real world.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Sooner or later it's going to almost have to happen. It can be done slowly, which would be even better for China. They could supply food and aid to Korea, allowing the US to supply security until it was completed, or even to allow the US to pull all but a small force out.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Living part of the year in South Korea, I`m not so sure about that.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Haaaa!
no worries mate.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's easy to look at NK's constant threats as "saber rattling" since they do it so often. On the other hand, you know that even NK knows that empty threats can't go on constantly forever without action, rather offensive or defensive. I mean they have to figure that they will become a joke (as many already see them for).
They have really ramped up how often they make threats recently too. I don't think it's saber rattling anymore. I think fat boy has more to prove to the world than daddy did. He was schooled mostly outside of NK, and has a better idea of the current word around him works. He knows he can't go the rest of his entire life making serious threats on a weekly basis, then not backing it up without recourse. Even if he thinks he can get away with that, eventually somebody will get tired of it and nullify the threat. Somethings gotta give, and somebodies gonna suffer Willing to bet that no matter what or how it all goes down, be glad you don't live in North Korea. I'm sure they feel it more than anyone else.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Perhaps looking at the overall situation would be a good idea.

China does not like South Korea for the simple reason the Western Powers use it as a base on the Asian landmass. China would like unified Korea under their influence.

The US on the other hand wants a unified Korea under their control giving them a base of operations on the Asian landmass.

While a unified Korea is wanted by both powers, the ideology of the Unified Korea is in dispute. Then there is Russia who does not want a Unified Korea under US influence.

All three players do give give a rat's bum for the citizens of either North or South Korea.

P

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
They don't have ICBMs capable of carrying a nuclear device.

Bluffing,

and wanting an immediate ass kicking by the looks of it.

They have dealt with Russia in the past and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did have them. As for the ass kicking, good luck invading that country, you have 1 million hungry Nth Korean soldiers waiting for yous.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Look, It really doesn't matter whether China push for sanctions or not. Nth Korea are a Chinese proxy and it would be better for China that North Korea stand up and take the blow than the Chinese themselves. Think about it, North Korea whether anyone believes it or not have the potential to knock a big hole in the South and especially the US interests in the South. China would be jerking off at the thought while sitting back calling for peace and prosperity or something like that.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

er no their last missile went up with out a glitch it was the sat that went down yea it is up in space dead, here is the UN www.un.org... the DPRK nuke test on Feb. 12 was all they needed, now they have what they want .
Do not be fooled as to the US tests they where in the time Posturing see we have a bigger one just like USSR did all that is needed is a small one to test if it works so will a big one, they do know what they are doing most of what they DPRK have are left over 1960's China's missiles DF3 DF4 DF5. Their new one is ICBM capable see UN doc.

How do I know , lets just say i do, For more than 30 years this is been on my shoulders, and now it is about to become real hot real soon , from what i can tell, it is not talk but a fair warning,

They do have some honer, i will give them that . What they are doing now is forcing the US SK to make to first move , what is not being done is the right move . Some might not think it is but it is.

Let DPRK be the first to launch yes some will get through the is no way to prevent that, yes we have a 99% or so say success rate but that still means 1% gets through so 1 out of a hundred that if all goes as planed, FUBAR still hold;s the key to fail or success, job well done, but they have must have 1000 for their threat to be of any value. that means 100 nukes on US SK soil, Japan might get some as well. the real issue should be what is china going willing to do when DPRK er UN lets the nukes fly.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

the one million is just the Standing, the are up too 3 mil in reserve, In order for us the US , to even think about assault/invasion war with them there must be a draft , and then time to train they have all the time they needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join