North Korean Nuclear ICBM's On Standby

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Rugged Shark-
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

The joint exercise is scheduled for Monday, March 11th.
SK will certainly will go ahead with these, as cancelling it would mean a lot of backfire for the new president.

but then imo SK and the US are putting heat to the fire and provoke an attack from NK, why is this exercise necessary or is this what they want?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

well i have yet to see them deployed , the P missiles along the west coast or in any major city SF Oakland LA, been checking and nothing, it is about a 30 min flight form launch to impact, Obama must have a plan or a deal with China for this sys to not be deployed {yea i know , think I'm on this now , say thank you, it is not 1963 } Or is there some secret "Star wars" RR implemented back in his day yea i know it is SDI but Star wars sounds cooler.

The GMD facilities have been in place in Alaska (2 different locations), and in California (at least 1 location) for years now, as there were published tests (so no big secret). At that time, more locations were being added. After the fairly publicized (and largely successful) tests in the early 2000's though, there has been almost nothing in the press mentioned about it any further. They had significant improvements that were well publicized for about 4 years, and then nothing...so I can only assume they've further improved in the five or so years since the last hubbub.....

During the tests, the launch window for a NK intercept was 16 minutes, would be different now, I'd assume.

Of course, we could have even better counters in place, that are highly classified, but what I stated was just based on fairly public information from recognized civilian intel.

As for the P missiles (assuming you mean Patriot), note that these are the LAST line of defense (when the inbound is terminal), and could be launched from numerous sources including ships, so you don't need a whole battery of them sitting in a base in a major city to provide protection.

but then imo SK and the US are putting heat to the fire and provoke an attack from NK, why is this exercise necessary or is this what they want?

They are annual exercises...but at the same time, likely an excuse to deploy forces to the region along with the UN resolution, of course. It is all posturing. NO side actually wants an attack, but each side will flex their muscles to get their desired outcome. Business as usual on the Korean peninsula.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My god. Look at all the cowboys in this thread. Gettin' ready to get their death and murder on. That's disgusting. Here's hoping you all receive the reality check you deserve.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Perhaps they won't put it on a rocket. Perhaps they will put it on a ship and bring it into a harbor? Ever think of that?

Or perhaps they will use their proxies to smuggle them into the USA, and have "terrorists" detonate them?

Nah, the North Korean leadership is frankly too stupid for that level of sophistication. Only question is, are they stupid enough?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

The exercise itself is nothing special, it's held every year.
The reason for not cancelling it is because president Park is only 3 weeks in office. If South Korea would cancel it, it would give a boost to both North Korea and the current opposition parties in South Korea.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

It's in NOBODY's best interest for a conflict to actually occur here...which is exactly why it won't....

It's all a bunch of blustering and posturing.

Lets say the cowboys got their way, and we did go in and wipe out NK...what then? Who rules there?

Have to have an exit strategy. We had a cowboy president for Iraq, and look how that turned out. The military did its job flawlessly, it neutralized the enemy, and secured the nation. What it couldn't do, was the job of government to then have a gameplan for ruling the place.

The US wants a unified Korea.
China wants the status quo, but for Un to quit mouthing off.

Somewhere, there's a happy medium, we need to find it...but in any case, that medium is unlikely to include Un in the plan....

If there was a terrorist type attack in the US, tied to NK, it'd be no different than if NK launched an ICBM that blew up in Hawaii. It would give the US full grounds to go in guns blazing, and Un is no doubt aware of this. The real threat is some rogue element doing so on NK's behalf.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
double post
edit on 8-3-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Lets say the cowboys got their way, and we did go in and wipe out NK...what then? Who rules there?

NK wont get "wiped out", If anything happens that leads to a military conflict with the USA, the actions will likely be swift and surgical, and I'll bet you now, that when all is said and done the surviving people of North Korea will celebrate their liberation... IF that ever happens.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
words are meaningless.

their last rocket launch failed, didn't it?

their underground / hidden / secret test was only a minor few kilo tonnes... wasn't it?

I doubt a missile would even get close to the continental US.

but this increase in rhetoric is a bit worrying...

I agree with Agit8dChop, North Korea hasn't demonstrated the ability to "put it all together" in regards to a nuclear tipped ICBM. I also think that our missile defense, which by the way is setup mainly in the Pacific will more than handle a lone ICBM. The missile defense we have is only going to improve as we bring more systems on line. I would go as far to say that some of the "mishaps" the N. Koreans have had in their rocket tests, have been due to our intercepting of them with our ship based defense systems.

You'd think that after three generations, the NK dynasty would have someone who isn't psychotic as the leader. Must run in the family...........

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

...what then? Who rules there?

North and south are united, become Korea. One country, one people, one economy.

It would take time, but ultimately it would be a great thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Hopefully ill get to kill some North Koreans. Lets see how they bleed. We need to make sure their blood is red.

I'm willing to fight, I just hate having a commander and chief that hasn't mobilized us yet, freakin coward. I can't believe he lets North Korea threaten us like this.

You force China to deploy to North Korea, or send us in. Use an EMP as the opening strike, there goes their ICBMs.
edit on 7-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

1. "hopefully I'll get to kill some North Koreans, let's see how they bleed"

2. "We need to make sure their blood is red"

These 2 lines are probably the dumbest thing I've read in ATS so far, all propaganda and starvation in NK aside, milkyway12 you need to sit the hell down and take a chill pill.

I don't care what crazy squad jarhead you are and I don't give a sht what your rep on ATS is, but you just made yourself sound like a complete idiot.

Peace, sit down and take a chill pill before anyone sends you anywhere. Seems like the REAL problem is people in US who are too eager to "fight for freedom" without even thinking about any other alternatives.

Why is it that ATS feels like a bunch of jarheads chanting "LETS GET THEM" while waiting for the SHTF scenario? Disgusting, milkyway12 I am offended as a non North Korean but if you said that within my hearing range I would confront you, but I doubt you'll say this to anyone but your friends huh.

Anyone who says "Can't wait to kill _____ " no matter if it's race, people, or whatever, deserves to be btch slapped in the face.

Rant over.
edit on 8-3-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

You think China would allow that to happen? (a united and democratic Korea)

NK wont get "wiped out", If anything happens that leads to a military conflict with the USA, the actions will likely be swift and surgical, and I'll bet you now, that when all is said and done the surviving people of North Korea will celebrate their liberation... IF that ever happens.

Yes, but WHO is going to lead the people of NK...that's where the big IF comes in...what type of government?

China would like to see a communist one, the US would like to see reunification.
The two world superpowers are at odds over what should be in place there. That's where the trouble really starts.

You'd think that after three generations, the NK dynasty would have someone who isn't psychotic as the leader. Must run in the family...........

Why mess with success? This kind of rhetoric has helped them remain in power for decades, why change tactics now? The trick is, knowing when to back down and take the offer on the table.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I knew that was next and answered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If only Un would understand that, but he is dead set on having a nation with him, DPRK as head of of it, PS thanks for you update on the MDS, i still think as a precaution there should be "P" battery's put up on the 9th a long the west coast if any more action's are seen by the DPRK . just my thinking.
here is a link of the types of missiles DPRK has armscontrolcenter.org... just checked and yes according to all reports the "Hot Line " has been cut. by DPRK. there is no more communication now, there are now DPRK updates in the official news... this is starting to look as if they do want war again.

edit on 8-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

here is a link of the types of missiles DPRK has armscontrolcenter.org.

This was in August, so doesn't take into account the NK-08 ICBM debuted in Feb of this year...and this is the one to be worried about (assuming they are capable of mounting it with a nuclear warhead). They have the capability, the question is really whether or not they've done so yet.

I knew that was next and answered here:

See my follow up though...China does not want a unified Korea on its doorstep, and they have the power to push that demand. If the leadership of NK is toppled, we'd all have to proceed very delicately with what will replace it, to satisfy all parties and create stability in the region.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

China would like to see a communist one, the US would like to see reunification.
The two world superpowers are at odds over what should be in place there. That's where the trouble really starts.

A stable and unified Korea would be as beneficial for China as it would be for the USA. The Chinese may seek more influence over Korea some time later, but I don't think the Chinese will get involved, especially if NK provokes the aggression.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You may be right there (it being in their best interest)...if NK provokes, but I'd still wager China would use its veto power in the UN to block any attempts to unify the two. Installation of another more manageable puppet dictator while ripping out the teeth of the NK military is a far more likely scenario though.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

yea well reread your article it say's a 1kt can be dialed up to 100kt

Thats still short of a 1 mt blast by a factor of 10.

When I responded to your reply You said a 1Kt test is the same as a 1 Mt test. All they needed to know was if the material was good.

I replied that no they couldn't. That to get a 1Mt blast they would need a thermonuclear warhead.

No to show me I was incorrect, show me in your data where a 1 kt blast can be optained with a Thermonuclear warhead.Not with a Fission bomb.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

That laser would have been where? space? Ahh yes, but that would break the treaty not to weaponize space.

space treaty

Yeah but didn't they break / pull out of / whatever the treaty to not make / test nukes?

Also, I highly doubt a little paper treaty is going to really stop anyone. I wouldn't put it past the U.S. to already have weaponized space under the guise of a few satellites. Of course, that is just speculation and a little of my own "govt. is dishonest in everything" shining through. I could be dead wrong. Wouldn't be the first time I was!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

how true , but it does not mater if it is nuke or not there is still the Bio/ Chem's that could be used as a war head, and this is one that still has me it is from China or DPRK built not the missile , but the MLP www.bbc.co.uk... from the link

The six new long-range missiles carried on top of massive, wheeled transporter vehicles certainly provoked interest.
yes the was from an old page ,about the missiles , it does not include the Dec missile the Unha3

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join