It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many dead in Iraq rocket attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A rocket slammed into a hotel in Tikrit, killing at least 15 Iraqi civilians and 8 others were seriously wounded. Two rockets were fired at a US base, but one missed and hit the hotel. The other rocket didn`t cause any damage.

From BBC: Many dead in Iraq rocket attack

Fifteen Iraqi civilians have been killed in a rocket attack in the Iraqi city of Tikrit, police and doctors say.

Eight others were seriously wounded in the blast, which happened at 2000 local time (1700 GMT) on Sunday.

The Associated Press news agency reports that moments after the explosion, people were seen running from the hotel, some barefoot and others bloodstained.

It is thought many of the dead may have been on the second floor of the building, where the rocket hit.

Click the link for the full article...

Tikrit (the hometown of Saddam Hussein) have been relatively quiet until now. Violence is increasing all over Iraq and the targets have often been people who are cooperating with the coalition forces.

[edit on 2004/11/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm ashamed of my reaction to this story.

When I clicked on this story, I was relieved to see it was just Iraqis that died and not coalition troops.
I didn't feel that way about past incidents.

This war is getting to me.

join