It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is North Korea going?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have been keeping tabs (like the rest of the world) on the North Korean issues and would like to know where everyone else sees this going. (educated guesses only, please no random thoughts)

With subjects such as: (if any op objects to having their post cited, please let me know)

North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

North Korea and the new war?

North Korea warns U.S. forces of "destruction" ahead of war drills

North Korea arrests American citizen

South Korea, US begin drills amid North Korea nuclear threat

North Korea launches rocket in defiance of critics

Military capabilities of both North and South Korea

With all the strife, do you think North Korea is bluffing or is serious?

What would the be the best/worse possible result if they are bluffing?

What would be the best/worst result if the are not?

Would the UN send out an automatic Kill and Destroy on Kim Jong Un?

What country would carry it out.

I know China has been "disapproving" of their doings, but who's side would they ultimately join?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Easy to answer one question IMO.

I know China has been "disapproving" of their doings, but who's side would they ultimately join?

China will not allow the US to be on their border.

China would swallow NK if it had to protect their borders from being occupied by the US. NK would become a Chinese State very quickly.

IMO of course.

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Like father, like son. He needs to exert his force as the "leader" of North Korea. He has a salivating military command structure that probably would love to be in control so he needs to be vocal just as his father was to appease his military leadership. This type of hubris is what keeps many of the North Korean military in line and also the people who are suffering.

North Korea is going nowhere except into continued and endless poverty with this type of "diplomacy".

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, they did test their newly founded "toys" of mass destruction...

Where do you suppose they are headed with this??? That to me, is a strong indication when coupled with a lot of open media threats from them as well as counter measures taken by countries towards them.

It's clear NK's "bluffings" have caused quite a stir...and already certain countries are perhaps on high alert...

If anything, It now depends on who stirs the bee hive, while North Korea is presenting it.

Peace
edit on 7-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: grammer

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Whatever NK is up to i`m sure it`s just part of the plan and that all the major world powers know exactly what the plan is because they are all in on it.
NK is an expendable patsy that is unknowingly being encouraged and goaded into doing exactly what TPTB want.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Whatever NK is up to i`m sure it`s just part of the plan and that all the major world powers know exactly what the plan is because they are all in on it.
NK is an expendable patsy that is unknowingly being encouraged and goaded into doing exactly what TPTB want.

Personally I think that is an oversimplification of the international tension presented and also the very acute view on the relations between the South and the North. It is easy to just boil everything down to the PTB, but it doesn't answer any questions and doesn't critically think about what is happening.

The North has always sought unification since the cease-fire and believe their way of life, their structure of government and their rule to be the way all of Korea should be. This would be akin to the the United States' civil war ending in a cease-fire and to this day, the South determined to unify with the North but only to their way of life. I really wish everything could be reduced to "its all in the plan of the PTB"; but no one can say who these elusive powers are and it is all speculation and conjecture in attempts to understand a complex world. A world that has existed since nations rose and will until some great human leap of understanding is felt world-wide.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Tardacus

Personally I think that is an oversimplification of the international tension presented and also the very acute view on the relations between the South and the North. It is easy to just boil everything down to the PTB, but it doesn't answer any questions and doesn't critically think about what is happening.

The North has always sought unification since the cease-fire and believe their way of life, their structure of government and their rule to be the way all of Korea should be. This would be akin to the the United States' civil war ending in a cease-fire and to this day, the South determined to unify with the North but only to their way of life. I really wish everything could be reduced to "its all in the plan of the PTB"; but no one can say who these elusive powers are and it is all speculation and conjecture in attempts to understand a complex world. A world that has existed since nations rose and will until some great human leap of understanding is felt world-wide.

Well said sir... I wonder who the "TPTB" are since may independent sources all claim the same thing. Are you saying all news sources are corrupt? (except Alex Jones because we all know he is Jesus risen LOL)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

And it wasn't meant to be chiding really. I see "PTB" thrown around easily but it is usually in areas that people have not taken the time to understand the situation fully or they have given up on that understanding in whole. So logically, it is the PTB that want this to happen.

It could very well be two nations, torn apart by ideology and war, who hate each other, and seek to unify but under their system of government. That is easier to understand and see rather than "Well, the PTB want it to happen so it will". To me, that is lazy and is a detriment of the conspiracy theory/alternative news crowds. I am sure I am not making any friends by now.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Korea is and has been a managed crisis that gets stirred up from time to time to keep the pot boiling.
fear and aggression must be kept at fever pitch, but short of action in one or another crisis around the globe constantly....
Otherwise the PTB cannot pretend to protect your sorry arses...and steal your humanity behind your back.....
yes there are wild cards..."like gaddaffi" but they always get traded in for the next crisis that comes along to frighten the population with......

edit on 7-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It seems that the new young leader has been told to show who is in charge and what he is capable of.

His father liked to show off how powerful and capable his country was in order to get what he wanted from the usual countries or the U.N.

It feels like he won't do anything stupid like starting a war, but there's always a false flag scenario possible to point the finger at them or him.

If the west gets N.K then China will be sleeping with the enemy..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

And it wasn't meant to be chiding really. I see "PTB" thrown around easily but it is usually in areas that people have not taken the time to understand the situation fully or they have given up on that understanding in whole. So logically, it is the PTB that want this to happen.

It could very well be two nations, torn apart by ideology and war, who hate each other, and seek to unify but under their system of government. That is easier to understand and see rather than "Well, the PTB want it to happen so it will". To me, that is lazy and is a detriment of the conspiracy theory/alternative news crowds. I am sure I am not making any friends by now.

Who do you suspect the TPTB to be? Maybe China for secretly backing them then switching sides and the USA for provoking them to this point, or other nations that may be involved? I am just wondering everyone's take on this... Is is multiple nations with an agenda or one nation pulling everyone's (unknowingly) strings... or maybe no nation and just a bunch of elites...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sekos

That is the most plausible scenario. He needs to exert his force upon not only the population (which is already brow-beaten into submission) but also the military and the multitude of eager generals who want this type of international attention. If Kim decided to go the other route and say, actually engage in talks about opening up the country, allowing free elections, etc, he would be dead before he said "I am".

If he didn't take this route and saber-rattle, there would have eventually been a coup by either his uncle or a general and in my opinion, that is when we get serious. At least with this, it is manageable for the time being.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

reply to post by sekos

That is the most plausible scenario. He needs to exert his force upon not only the population (which is already brow-beaten into submission) but also the military and the multitude of eager generals who want this type of international attention. If Kim decided to go the other route and say, actually engage in talks about opening up the country, allowing free elections, etc, he would be dead before he said "I am".

If he didn't take this route and saber-rattle, there would have eventually been a coup by either his uncle or a general and in my opinion, that is when we get serious. At least with this, it is manageable for the time being.

With that said, do you think he could be another "Hitler" with the charisma to evoke allegiance from other nations to his cause? Even though a lot of the American populace is fed up with the current regime that has taken over, would he be enough to persuade the US to take part?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think N. Korea can easily be underestimated. They might be a small country in comparison to China or the U.S. but lets not make the mistake to think they aren't capable of wreaking havoc before they get wiped off the planet. We are talking about a nation that has, according to wikipedia statistics:

Available for military service: 6,515,279 males, age 17-49 (2010 est.),
6,418,693 females, age 17-49 (2010 est.)

Fit for military service: 4,836,567 males, age 17-49 (2010 est.),
5,230,137 females, age 17-49 (2010 est.)

Reaching military age annually: 207,737 males (2010 est.),
204,553 females (2010 est.)

Korean People's Army

I know to take what wiki says cautiously but if the numbers are even close then that's a pretty sizable force.

Lately they have showed the world their nuclear capabilities and have also proved that they can get one to anywhere in the world.
If you can deploy a rocket and satellite into space like they have been doing then they can easily get a nuke on the other side of the world regardless of what some media outlets are saying. You just have to get it up into space and then wait for it to orbit the country you want to hit. Disguised as a satellite it might actually hit before it could be stopped.
They could even deploy an EMP burst with this method. How good would an opposing army be if it's people instantly had no electricity and transportation? Chaos would ensue and the Government would have to deal with it's own citizens as well as counter an attack.
Their is a reason they've been doing the nuclear detonations and rocket launches along with deploying satellites. Is it all related? I think so.

We should take any threat from N. Korea very seriously.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I don't think so but there would be pockets that believe we are engaging in yet another foreign war and exerting our will upon the world yet again....who can blame them? China is fed up with them, Russia is too. They are a lonely island right now and with their two largest public supporters backing off, who will they turn to? Iran? Venezuela? Cuba?

Their nuclear test and the recent rhetoric isn't sitting easy with their timid allies to the west (Russia/China) and right now, it could be a game to see what power Kim can enforce in his regime. It is FUBAR for everyone really in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I don't think so but there would be pockets that believe we are engaging in yet another foreign war and exerting our will upon the world yet again....who can blame them? China is fed up with them, Russia is too. They are a lonely island right now and with their two largest public supporters backing off, who will they turn to? Iran? Venezuela? Cuba?

Their nuclear test and the recent rhetoric isn't sitting easy with their timid allies to the west (Russia/China) and right now, it could be a game to see what power Kim can enforce in his regime. It is FUBAR for everyone really in my opinion.

Do you think that China and Russia are playing "black sheep" before picking a side? They have sided with NK for so long, is it a false hope that that they have had enough, or have they really had enough of NK?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Where is North Korea going ?

South Korea.

Who's going to do anything about it if they are successful ??

C...
edit on 7-3-2013 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My educated guess is that random thoughts are about as close is you are going to get.

If people on ATS knew what way it was really going to go, they would be doing their current jobs and spending time on here.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Time will tell on that one. Their relations with North Korea I believe are drawn on ideological lines against the United States but the regional tensions don't serve China well. The constant presence of US forces in SK, increased naval presence and probably moving of "missile shield" technology into the area would be worrisome to many countries in my estimation.

It is my guess that China looks at the following: Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, US bases/territories, Australia and sees the numbers stacked against them. They don't want a regional conflict in the area that will draw more US support/troops and possibly destroy the buffer between those forces and their border.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I think North Korea HOPES to go to the grocery store.

The aggressive tactics are laughable. In the Korean War they had USSR support financially and militarily. Today....not so much. The speed with which they would be dispatched by their southern counterparts would be shocking. And they know this.

Kim Jong Jr may be new to his role...but he learned a lot of lessons watching daddy. One of them is to throw a public fit when too many people start to go hungry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join