It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea voids non-aggression pacts with South and severs hotline with Seoul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

You're kind of becoming the reminder for everyone on thread rules and etiquette, eh? That's the 3rd or 4th time in a couple days I've see ya tell a thread they were redundant and already existed elsewhere.

Thanks for the update. It's been noted.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One of these days one of these jokers is gonna follow through. The incoming ICBM will be a diversion while a short shot from a boat off shore will flatten a big part of DC or other large costal city!

We best be careful who we pick on! You know as well as I do that North Koreas activities are not limited by their borders! These MF's will just pack it in on the back of one of the thousands who cross the border each day. Or use the cartels to bring a device in country etc.. The US is not nuke proof, and I doubt China will just stand by as we fly nukes into North Korea! I seriously doubt China would tolerate any US forces in North Korea!

It is a delusion to think North Korea is limited to their little piece of the world! They are a nuclear power like it or not!
edit on 8-3-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
DPRK will lose but not before they kill millions of South Korean civilians. DPRK only has an opening move but that move whick will be thousands of artilliary and maybe chemical shells landing in South Kirean population centers. SK and US will end the barage in a few short days and ultimately DPRK will fall but not before killing millions on both sides.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Yeah China will just stand by and watch the exchange huh? Step foot in North Korea and see how fast China mobilizes!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

That is why we'd limit reprisals to missile strikes and bombing runs on military and political targets while a UN-sanctioned force is assembled (including the Chinese military) to go in on the ground. If NK attacked first, China would have almost no political choice but to back the ousting of the rulership, but it would of course, have to be involved in any liberation and post invasion government.

The threat of a nuclear, terror attack is not one to take lightly either, and may well be the last desperate act of the leadership, if they see no out. THAT is a viable threat to consider, but it shouldn't rule our policy.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This trash-talking fat piece of lard better be careful what he says. The over-sized umpa lumpa will literally be sentencing his entire nation to death.

Besides, would anyone even notice if they did launch some kind of pi** poor nuclear attack?
It'd probably end up somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean anyway! In fact, he'd probably be doing archaeologists a huge favour in re-surfacing Atlantis or something.

They seem up for it nevertheless, a clip from the the state media's national newspaper claims:

"If the enemy comes at us with a dagger we’ll draw out a big sword to slice him in pieces, if he comes with a rifle we'll turn a big gun to blow him off...."

Blow us off...what is this...Some kind of homophobic gay rant? "My dads bigger than your dad"?....more like, "My dad will bum your dad!"

edit on 8-3-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
On a side note. It's a great excuse for the US to orchestrate another 9/11 and use it to propel their secret agenda 10-fold.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Seems to me like the new NK leader is playing politics here. He wants to impress the old hard liners in his party with tough rhetoric but he also wants to feed the people to garner more support. He escalates the situation and appears tough only to back off as some type of concession is made food/resources etc.

The guy has been outside of NK and isn't some ideological hard liner. He knows his country would be obliterated in a conflict. This is posturing in hopes of some kind of appeasement.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Yeah it's not like they are a heavily fortified country with millions of soldiers and anti-aircraft guns aimed at almost every square inch of their airspace. Yeah, I don't see how there could be a problem with swooping in and Bin Ladening him.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Xeven

Yeah China will just stand by and watch the exchange huh? Step foot in North Korea and see how fast China mobilizes!
china will not engage the US.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolshed
reply to post by Agent008

Yeah it's not like they are a heavily fortified country with millions of soldiers and anti-aircraft guns aimed at almost every square inch of their airspace. Yeah, I don't see how there could be a problem with swooping in and Bin Ladening him.

And doing what straight afterwards....telling the world he's been killed and buried at sea with no evidence?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Directive5120
US secret flights to NK

If ever I saw an Avatar to fit a post, you get the First Prize for it. That's incredible and a FAIL on so many levels I can't begin to fathom. I mean, if true, we're at one of the lowest points in the history of relations with North Korea after VERY serious and strong efforts by the Administration to make this work.

It would be something to shake my head over and cluck my tongue about if this all came by neglect and being focused elsewhere in the world as I've more or less assumed it has. To think they might have been fully focused?Well now...

What did Kim actually mean when he told Rodman to pass on the "Call me" to Obama? It seemed silly and out of place in the way he generally is on some things at the time. Reading your link? Hey... There may have been more meaning to that, given the way things are ratcheting up in tension.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

china will not engage the US.

They won't have to...they'll just cut up our credit cards....

Provoking China is the furthest thing from the US's mind....

Yeah it's not like they are a heavily fortified country with millions of soldiers and anti-aircraft guns aimed at almost every square inch of their airspace. Yeah, I don't see how there could be a problem with swooping in and Bin Ladening him

Tell that to Sadaam...oh wait, you can't....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Kim is not the only one involved here, there may come a point when someone
else deems it prudent to pull the trigger first.

This is getting out of control fast. I wonder what the response is going to be from ROK and
the Chinese.

The Chinese voted in favor of the sanctions along with the US.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Closing duplicate NK threads, and leaving the oldest one open.

Please post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join