It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea voids non-aggression pacts with South and severs hotline with Seoul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

South is allied with the west .. so an attack on them would bring broader retaliation I think.. and any use of nuclear weapons, pointed at anyone.. would be suicide
Normally I would agree with you on this. However our dear leader is the reincarnation of Neville Chamberlain. Look at Iran for example. I would not expect odumbo to do much. Hell, he might not even respond if we get nuked. Didn't he already say no nukes under any condition?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Bin Laden and Hussein were radically different situations, IMO. We can't do that with Kim for a few reasons.

The first BIG one is lterally HUGE. China. Hell will freeze over and serve fudgsicles before Beijing allows multiple American Army divisions anywhere near the Yalu River. I think they recall...VERY WELL...what the ideas had been from the last General to get there and tings like Cobalt aren't cool. Naww... Thats the first major reason. (I don't think China would appreciate a lame excuse about surgical strikes .... war is war in some countries, I think)

Second, Kim isn't just Kim. Bin Laden and Hussein both ran things on a near cult of personality. Kim would have liked to, I'm sure, but best Intelligence reports after he took power was that an Uncle and military pressure combined to quietly SHARE control of North Korea with the younger and less stable Kim. I think his Father would have shot someone for even suggesting that ...but Kim probably thanked them.

So killing Kim would only remove the front and visible head. Likely the least powerful one too. Whoever this Uncle is and whatever power sharing with the military exists would immediately be the problem and I don't know that outsiders even know all the names and details. The DPRK makes the word Closed look inadequate.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Have Faith EA*RTH has always been Watched
And so the consciousness/Souls of all like Wheat and chaff would be as well...

NAMASTE*******

Being watched, or no .. it's never prevented atrocity .. and never will .. humans have an innate ability of self destruction out of petty arrogance ..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

South is allied with the west .. so an attack on them would bring broader retaliation I think.. and any use of nuclear weapons, pointed at anyone.. would be suicide
Normally I would agree with you on this. However our dear leader is the reincarnation of Neville Chamberlain. Look at Iran for example. I would not expect odumbo to do much. Hell, he might not even respond if we get nuked. Didn't he already say no nukes under any condition?

I think of Iran and North Korea as very different however... Iran has more money for one thing, Iran has more support simply for it's geological location.. North Korea is known for this kind of rhetoric.. it is isolated and this rhetoric keeps the population in line .. they want to feel superior so they do this sort of thing to keep the population from doubting it's leader.. but any direct action would result in major issues for them.. so they don't act on it ... China is even backing off from them now.. China backed the new UN resolution which isn't normal for China to do.. China is now obliged to enforce it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

NAMASTE*******

Being watched, or no .. it's never prevented atrocity .. and never will .. humans have an innate ability of self destruction out of petty arrogance ..

Don't know think times have occurred and if not intervined after WATCHING then EXODUS may not of occurred. Due to Super weapons destroying ALL life not only human and so RETRY CLASS new HOME no memory of last Acts FOR TOO DESTRUCTIVE and hope not same mistake made.

Just to add miniatus
I do see your POV however..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Agent008

Bin Laden and Hussein were radically different situations, IMO. We can't do that with Kim for a few reasons.

The first BIG one is lterally HUGE. China.

I normally would agree there but China has been distancing itself from it's short fused friend .. I was stunned to see China backing this latest UN resolution... China realizes with the nuclear threats that the north is making that it can't support them.. not only that but as part of the UN it's pretty much obliged to react of the north decides to attack .. so the North is posturing itself for a heap of trouble if it actually tries to make good on it's threats... which is probably why China decided to back this resolution.. no doubt hoping that N. Korea might shut up if it saw it's only Ally not supporting it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod
reply to post by rigel4

china and russia are both on board with the new sanctions..n korea has no real friends at the moment..something is going to happen i just dont know what

To be blunt.. I'm sure this is going to war ... real soon.
Of course i hope that I am wrong and NK back down after
some lucky bags and Happy meals are handed out.

edit on 7-3-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

NAMASTE*******

Don't know think times have occurred and if not intervined after WATCHING then EXODUS may not of occurred. Due to Super weapons destroying ALL life not only human and so RETRY CLASS new HOME no memory of last Acts FOR TOO DESTRUCTIVE and hope not same mistake made.

Just to add miniatus
I do see your POV however..

My view is that whether we're being watched or not.. it's not wise to expect something to save us from ourselves because ultimately it's up to us to save us from us... that's the ultimate lesson of life.. if we're so stupid that we would obliterate ourselves without some hand saying "enough now boys, stop fighting" then we're doomed anyway...

I understand the hope that many people have that there's a greater thing out there looking out for us .. but we can't expect that to be true or it might end up causing us to "let god take the wheel" while our car careens off the bridge.. not meaning to be offensive.. I just think we have to learn to survive and bring peace on our own or there's no point.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

reply to post by rigel4

china and russia are both on board with the new sanctions..n korea has no real friends at the moment..something is going to happen i just dont know what

If it goes to war, I expect it won't be the north initiating it .. it would be some operation to disable their missile/nuke capabilities.. and at this point with the latest threats.. they could probably justify such an operation.. then the north would be forced to respond.. and at that point, it would only be able to respond by hitting the south who would probably have the advantage at that point...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

im afraid i agree, i hope its just some major posturing and it fizzles out but he is sure painting himself into a corner..problem with n korea is not much info gets out and all are in fear so we cant really know the general feeling in the country..hope for a coup maybee?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Whinny little baby is right ("baby" can't write the other b word)

If this back and forth stuff continues it will be just kim left with his guards, everyone else would be dead from starvation. I just feel for the poor and hungry ya know? If the US has a plan B now would be the time to engage it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

If it goes to war, I expect it won't be the north initiating it .. it would be some operation to disable their missile/nuke capabilities.. and at this point with the latest threats.. they could probably justify such an operation.. then the north would be forced to respond.. and at that point, it would only be able to respond by hitting the south who would probably have the advantage at that point...

Your premise above is a very likely scenario, my thoughts are still that DPRK is coming across the border.
I have been thinking that this kid is delusional and is dreaming of winning a battle to reunite the Koreas!
Just a feeling I have .

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

im afraid i agree, i hope its just some major posturing and it fizzles out but he is sure painting himself into a corner..problem with n korea is not much info gets out and all are in fear so we cant really know the general feeling in the country..hope for a coup maybee?

It is a worthwhile hope my friend,hopefully
someone with an once of sense will stop their dear leader
before its too late.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

True but, China would really have to choose weather they want NK or US as an allay. It would be in China's best interest to join if the north gets out of control.

link   
So we are still arguing over the dregs of WW2 I see, why can't we let this go?

Get the *&^% out of Korea and get on with life.........It worked in Germany.....

All in all both countries are very devoid of anything worthwhile so this continued fascination of this area by the West has me perplexed.

Enough lives have been lost, why risk more? Get out now and never look back.

Regards, Iwinder

link   

1 totally understands. Its not about allowing others to step in and babysit or drive for 1 can imagine it would be much to do on their behalf as well to do so especially if they witness the same ignorance spawn over CYCLES.

To 1 just as you have stated its about a SPECIES BECOMMING AWARE maturing and recognizing their activities against Each Other affects the habitat and other Species within the same habitat. Therefore 1 feels YES GUIDES must WATCH or Oversee areas where CREATOR Creations ARE maturing such as humanity IS. And if say a scenario was to stir and the aware species was about to destroy its OWN habitat and other ENERGY FORMS as WELL with it then YES the who WATCH seem LOGIC to interact -with something like the EA*RTH Stood Still Fashion of Flora/Fauna EXODUS ect. Or like a Hypothetical MARS movement of Flora/Fauna for some reasons by Space Craft due to WAR destroying everything and the Species remaining being about to make its last stand in youth or adult form and being taking to a New home with Flora/Fauna like home world ect. This is what I was getting at
didn't want to get outta box too much on the subject, Considering EA*RTH games and all the new found Planets in the Local.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008

Whinny little baby is right ("baby" can't write the other b word)

If this back and forth stuff continues it will be just kim left with his guards, everyone else would be dead from starvation. I just feel for the poor and hungry ya know? If the US has a plan B now would be the time to engage it.

Yeah it's the people that will suffer from this.. and they already are.. sanctions impact them more than they impact Kim .. but something certainly has to be done

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

Your premise above is a very likely scenario, my thoughts are still that DPRK is coming across the border.
I have been thinking that this kid is delusional and is dreaming of winning a battle to reunite the Koreas!
Just a feeling I have .

Entirely possible that the north will attack the south.. I find that inevitable.. the south is highly regarded by the world while the north is reviled.. I'm sure Kim hates that... there has been an animosity for a long time between those regions and I know Kim has talked about reuniting .. but I think that might ignite a spark because the south has no desire to reunite with the north as it is... So I would expect the UN to step in, largely with US forces and most likely China as well, even if only to keep tabs on US forces..

But who knows.. this is all just assumption.. but I don't think China is going to risk alienating itself from the UN simply to support NK... at most, I think they would abstain from action
edit on 3/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

True but, China would really have to choose weather they want NK or US as an allay. It would be in China's best interest to join if the north gets out of control.

I've wondered for years if China may just take a pass on choosing either in this case and instead, handling the problem themselves. After all, he brings serious doom right on their border to be a jerk and start a war. China may find that distasteful enough to test some of that new military hardware they've spent billions on and recently been showing off to everyone.

How serious do you think China would be about not seeing a major new U.S. presence in Asia? I'm thinking they'd throw almost anything at making sure that didn't happen. NK is a little fish in a much larger game, IMO. China has no loyalty to him when it comes to major world power issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join