It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Fake people really exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We all have experienced at points in out life encounters with people who we view as not being honest. We encounter these people in all shapes and forms and in the most likley and unlikley of situations.
Sometimes it will be someone approaching us to sell as a product or an idea.

Sometimes it will be a person who is there and not there, they kinda lurk in the shadows and now and then pop out and say things with a passion and conviction behind their words. Their lurking maneuvers can often be so off beat its difficult to know what their true motives are.

This brings me too a point, what is the true motives of people. All human beings are essentially the same arn't they? If so what are the true motives of individuals?

If we can understand the true motives of individuals then can we be placed in a a better positition to interact and deal with them? and even in the situations where actions seems random, erradict and sporadic motions of preaching ideas of fundamental human crusades related to the moralities of love, empathy, self, truth, dark and light?

Does motive reveal true intentions? We all have heard that when someone is found murdered then the law will look for the suspects with the motive for committing the crime. There in the short list of suspects often resides the true progenitor of the sacrilegeios crime.

So back to my question do fake people really exist? or alternatively are all people true because they are only following their true motives?

Albeit some may say they place disguises over to hide their true intentions from others, but is this make them fake if we are aware they are doing this because its an unstopptable inherent nature of the human race; due to to some mechanism of survival built into use by nature. Yes a survival mechanism deliberately built into us by nature herself to improve our chances of surviving the harshess of existance.

Whats your thoughts?
edit on 7-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

**ALL MEMBERS Please read: Sandy Hook**
edit on 3/7/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed OT videos

edit on 3/7/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

We all have experienced at points in out life encounters with people who we view as not being honest. We encounter these people in all shapes and forms and in the most likley and unlikley of situations.

This is probably not addressing your OP. Apologies in advance.

It's really not realistic to view this as if there are dishonest people and then there are people who are honest.

It's varying degrees of dishonesty. Some more dishonest than others. We, all of us, are dishonest all the time. At times in the most subtle of ways.

Quite rare to find someone that is very honest! Minus white lies, sugar-coating, repressing thoughts and feelings for fear of how that honesty would be reciprocated, et cetera..

What usually matters isn't dishonesty in of itself but the particular lie underneath it.

Assuming you meant in the OP people who pretend to be someone else. I say all power to them. Why can't pretending be their identity?
Like an actor who is always in character. Your true self? Heh. If it's grounded in our senses it's how ever we invent it. So long as we are happy and doing our best not to increase the suffering of others, I say be as 'fake' as your hearts content.

Hell, who is to say if you pretend to be someone else long enough you won't become that person?

Does motive reveal true intentions?

Getting a feel for underlying truthfulness in social interaction can be difficult. How does one spend ones time when alone, or when 'no one's looking'? That's a good place to start. Of course, finding that out requires social interaction. Full circle back to my first points.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
They are everywhere
...turn on your tv.

Perhaps that's why FEMA is gearing up for the "Zombie" apocalypse...

Edit to add:

But of course, I would like to think that our personalities are a conditioning from environmental factors like mass media indoctrination.

Folks on here are but an exception...

Peace my man

edit on 7-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Another actor always in character..

Theres no shortage of characters in media, its glorified, the American way. Another example would be BARRY SOTEORO, aka, the CEO of America. Barrack means something important to the zionists, in hebrew.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Three Words: Plenty of Fish.

Nothing but a bunch of superficial b!tches and creepers.

Perception is the mind killer.

edit on 7-3-2013 by ConspiracyBuff because: Face!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It can't faker than a whole big nation having a FAKE executive leader!

Take a foreign born, half-white, kenyan-named, muslim, ex-gay, divorced from a pakistani man,
and turn him into hawaiian citizen, BLACK, hebrew-named, zionist christian, straight, with a perfect marriage, wife, kids.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Perception is the mind killer.

Fear is the mind killer.

Dune reference.

What does mind mean to you omitting perception?..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KamaSutra

Welcome Kama, officially to my ignore script. sad to say I didn't think I'd use it but there you go...

I'm not sure I get what you mean Athlon, how can you know what someone who you think is lurking, is really doing? You perceive their actions as lurking manoeuvres , but to them they may perceive you as being always in the spotlight. They may think someone is over the top while they are normal.

Motives are both nature and nurture. We want things, desire things, assume things.. but then how we are raised also brings with it a plethora of inner motives, that we might not even be aware of.

Do twins separated at birth and who live completely separate lives experience the same inner motives but are overwhelmed by the external influences that mould them? Do they experience the same motives? Do they both exhibit lurking manoeuvres or are they both in the spotlight?

Even if they were to knowingly act in a manner which they knew was to put on a false front, what internal causes is there? I don't think there are fake people. Internally they are someone they can never escape from. They may be liars and frauds or charlatans but inside there is their truth.

you cannot run from who you are. no matter how far you go, how high you climb nor how far you fall.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KamaSutra

There cannot be anyone as fake as this guy!! Did they ever confirm his birth certificate???

edit on 7-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This thread is slipping into fakeness. People hiding their true intentions.

I suppose that makes these posts on topic

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
For those of us that are old enough, will remember the song Smiling Faces by the Temptations which warned people about fake people. Though most of the time those that are fake give us clues to their intentions and we simply either do not recognize the clues or fail to act upon them. Then there are those that we perceive as being fake but they in fact are not. Either they are overly passionate or not passionate enough and come off as being fake.

Good examples of this are the worlds leaders, when they are being overly passionate it's all for show and when they seem to not be interested, look out, they are about to stab you in the back and smile in your face.

Personally, I'm highly passionate about humanitarian aid, disaster relief and feeding street kids and I'm sure that I come off as being fake due to being highly passionate about it. So in a nutshell, it goes both ways and it is up to us to discern the truth from the lie and that can be very hard at times. Remember, a person can tell you 99% the truth and 1% lie and it is still 100% lie.
edit on 3/7/2013 by pstrron because: grammer

edit on 3/7/2013 by pstrron because: correction

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think a better question is can a real person exist.

Do you wear makeup? Hide your tears? Tell your children there is no santa?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

**ALL MEMBERS Please read: Sandy Hook**

edit on 3/7/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yes the thread certainly went straight off the rails, probably because we're talking about OTHER fake people! LOL

The truth of the matter is that we ALL are (or in some cases, rare cases, were) fake, to a greater or lessor degree, some of us more fake than others.

Here's a post I made in another thread that I think is applicable, that is if you want to do something about it other than pointing fingers..

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by backcase

I think the key is to become profoundly aware of the degree to which the egoic-self is absolutely superficial and inauthentic, and then imagine that pathetic little knot of self-contraction as a defense against all authentic awareness and appreciation, to be utterly enclosed and enveloped on all sides by a limitless love and unconditional acceptance, until "it" surrenders and our true and authentic self in God bursts out laughing in the humor of true understanding and the absolute absurdity of our prior state of mind and being (locked up in ourself by ourself to protect ourself for no reason than fear of the all-in-all as the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming which is also a nothing that is everything.

Then, relative to the domain of nothing/everything we are set free to freely create and re-create ourselves as a personality of our own creation/choosing, but without being deluded into thinking that's who we really are ie: just a role we are choosing to play. Thereafter, once this re-cognition has taken place, we cannot take our "self" seriously anymore while taking God as our true condition, seriously, because that's all there is.

So it's not vacuous - it's humorous from the outside-the-box POV.

The second and last key then at this point is never to forget and to remain aware and observant, lest we become re-absorbed by the various roles we are playing on the stage of life and take that to be our authentic self, which by it's very nature is inauthentic or superficial.

So again, it's not nihilistic, involving the annihilation of the self, but the discover of the no-self self which is an add-to-able self ie: when we know that whoever we are being at any given moment is simply our own creation.

The very best we can do therefore is to be entirely authentic in regards to our own inauthenticity, and that's charming and lovable.

Originally posted by Templeton
I think a better question is can a real person exist.

Do you wear makeup? Hide your tears? Tell your children there is no santa?

I loved that post, and it makes me curious if the hat in my avatar might have inspired it even if only subliminally.

edit on 7-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

that is if you want to do something about it other than pointing fingers..

Read my opening post. I was pointing fingers at myself as much as others.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
This thread is slipping into fakeness. People hiding their true intentions.

I suppose that makes these posts on topic

Come to thinks of it, we have different personalities online..

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Do twins separated at birth and who live completely separate lives experience the same inner motives but are overwhelmed by the external influences that mould them? Do they experience the same motives? Do they both exhibit lurking manoeuvres or are they both in the spotlight?

That is a good point using the twin analogy as i have by chance stumbled up on female version twin of myself and this is exactly the questions im trying to find out myself, and dont have the answers for yet.
edit on 7-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Um..no worries?

What did you think about the content that I offered the thread in that post, forgetting about pointing fingers?

And for the sake of being authentic and true, can we set aside our prior differences you and I?

Edit: Sorry I got confused and thought you were the OP of thread.

In which case I should point out that I wasn't pointing any fingers at you, at least not at this point.

edit on 7-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join