It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing new HD footage of the Russian Meteor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Most of these videos I have not seen elsewhere on the internet or Youtube.

Someone from NASA said this was a once in 100 year event; let's see if we have another meteor like this over the next couple of months and put that statement to the test. To me it seems like these daytime fireballs are so common now, yet were extremely rare even five years ago. For more info check out the thread on increasing fireballs with sonic booms:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watch in fullscreen, there is an exceptionally clear shot at about 1:45 in:

New Russian meteor videos

Note: THE MUSIC ACCOMPANYING THIS VIDEO IS ANNOYING - TURN DOWN!!

edit on 7-3-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: Oops

edit on 7-3-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: note about the annoying music

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Thanks man. Very good footage, but the music is awful.
I suggest muting it, and replacing it with this:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Excellent compilation, but I've seen that particular clip before a day or two after the meteor came.. I was impressed how many videos started flooding.

Pretty cool, and pretty scary.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Can some "amazing" person please run some of the closer / clearer ones through a filter.

There was talk in an earlier forum of "something" hitting this this prior to impact.

Would be great to see this "supposed" strike if available?

Many thanks in advance

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Can some "amazing" person please run some of the closer / clearer ones through a filter.

There was talk in an earlier forum of "something" hitting this this prior to impact.

Would be great to see this "supposed" strike if available?

Many thanks in advance

Not surprised at their being such a conspiracy =) but I doubt it .. it behaves as I would expect a meteor to behave.. hitting the atmosphere at such a high rate of speed causes immense friction which causes immense heat, it starts melting and breaking up very quickly in a ball of fire.. usually only tiny little fragments make it to the ground.. it's the airburst that causes the damage.

These kinds of events happen multiple times per year, just usually over un-populated areas like the ocean
edit on 3/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, it's truly an amazing sight to see and thanks to all the Russian people who have dash cam!!! I have to wonder how many drivers now have a cam on their dash thanks to this.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Gotya?

Still, I have seen some fairly convincing footage of something that was significantly faster than the object itself appearing to speed up then "boom!"

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

March 7th, at 23:59:47 UT new bright fireball flew over Observatory Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I really feel like I have to say this.

There is nothing NEW or Amazing about this video. I'm sorry, but the title is so misleading.

I saw this video the day after and upon reading your title I actually believed there was new HD footage..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Many of the clips I hadn't seen, and I thought the one at about 1:45 was especially cool and new.

I would be happy to refund your money..........

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Excellent compilation, but I've seen that particular clip before a day or two after the meteor came.. I was impressed how many videos started flooding.

Thanks for commenting. I'm curious as to why you think it's scary. I think the odds of getting cancer or heart disease or being in a painful fatal car accident are much higher - that is what I call scary. Hey, if it's your time to go, GO BIG!

I'm honestly more in wonder and in awe of this event, the power of the universe and the extent of it we have no idea about just boggles the mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I just find it funny how most people were oblivious to it , or they were like meh nothing to see here move on .

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I just find it funny how most people were oblivious to it , or they were like meh nothing to see here move on .

Why do you think that is? If we had a more "normal" world what do you think the reaction would have been?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thanks for that, flipping amazing, theres no words really, all I felt from watching that was insignificance for us.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by miniatus

Thanks for commenting. I'm curious as to why you think it's scary. I think the odds of getting cancer or heart disease or being in a painful fatal car accident are much higher - that is what I call scary. Hey, if it's your time to go, GO BIG!

I'm honestly more in wonder and in awe of this event, the power of the universe and the extent of it we have no idea about just boggles the mind.

I doubt I'll be killed by one of these in my life time.. sure =) but it's scary when you think of it as us being basically in a cosmic shooting gallery.. we're a moving target with projectiles of various shapes and sizes flying at us constantly.. many of which hit but are too small to notice, or are large but over un-unhabited areas .. but large events happen every so often in history.. and super large events may happen every few hundred million years.. which mean we may very well be due for that.. and we, at this point, have no means to stop it .. unless we want to send up bruce willis.. but .. I think it unlikely to happen anytime soon.. the sun could always burn out first =)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

In the video below I was looking for the capture in the video you posted of what appear to be "parts" of the objects ect. moving from tail area @ :13-:14 or falling apart in face of meteorite
@ :15-:17and it seems the closest time was near the 2:24 and on mark in your video.
nice presentation.

www.youtube.com...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 3/7/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I think most people were dazzled by it .. but me as someone who's always been interested in astrophysics thinks this is cool but not unusual .. the rare part of this is that it happened in an inhabited area.. but strikes liket his actually occur far more often than people realize.

To be honest, the most amazing thing about this event besides the fact it happened over a populated area.. was how many cameras were on to catch it .. HOW many people have dash cams these days???? =)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Nice find
I must have missed it if it was posted before, so thanks for posting, although I don't agree that fireballs in general are occurring more frequently now than they were before. The Russian event was significantly larger than most fireballs that are observed, and (as you said) probably a once in 100 year event. No one can say for sure when the next one like that will occur again - it might be tomorrow or it might be in 300 years, but on average this size of fireball occurs once every 100 years.
edit on 7-3-2013 by FireballStorm because: clarification

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I must say, at about 1:57, it would be a GORGEOUS desktop background. Or better yet, a phenomenal framed photo for decor! I absolutely love the meteor streaking above the white snow-dusted trees, it's simple beauty at it's finest.
edit on 3/7/2013 by Nyiah because: wrong word, durr

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Great comp, but I have to add your taste for music is awful.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join