It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's son-in-law, once al Qaeda's 'mouthpiece,' held by U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Bin Laden's son-in-law, once al Qaeda's 'mouthpiece,' held by U.S.

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Osama bin Laden's son-in-law, who has served as an al Qaeda spokesman, was captured and has been brought to the United States, two administration officials and a federal law enforcement official said Thursday.
Sulaiman Abu Ghaith is being held in New York, and will appear in court Friday to face federal charges, the law enforcement official said.
A sealed indictment lays out charges against him, the administration officials said.
Abu Ghaith was captured within the past week in Jordan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He was captured by Jordanian officials and turned over to the US. This is a pretty big capture. He was a major supporter of the 9/11 attacks, is founder of a charity that is one of Al-Qaeda's main sources of funding, and was a main spokesperson for the group.
It is honestly surprising this man was even allowed to live, and he wasn't just killed. He will be tried on Terrorist charges.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Haha can you say witness protection program?
I'm sure he will enjoy his new status as American Citizen and probably a small Island on top of that.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

No. Bin Laden had zero to do with anything that happened on 9/11. I doubt very much his "son-in-law" was involved with any of it either. "Al Quaeda" isn't a real thing. Its the name our government uses to scare us into giving up Rights. Kinda like "Cobra" on GI Joe.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Watch his capture and residing on U.S. soil, being used as a reason to advance the Drone program on U.S. soil.

Timing is slightly suspicious in my book....

Des

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by Havox

No. Bin Laden had zero to do with anything that happened on 9/11. I doubt very much his "son" was involved with any of it either. "Al Quaeda" isn't a real thing. Its the name our government uses to scare us into giving up Rights. Kinda like "Cobra" on GI Joe.

Please don't turn this into a 9/11 debate. That's not what I intended by this.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havox

reply to post by Havox

No. Bin Laden had zero to do with anything that happened on 9/11. I doubt very much his "son" was involved with any of it either. "Al Quaeda" isn't a real thing. Its the name our government uses to scare us into giving up Rights. Kinda like "Cobra" on GI Joe.

2nd.

Very well. Continue with Pretend Time

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havox

reply to post by Havox

2nd.

Very well. Continue with Pretend Time

I'm not pretending anything. I didn't say I disagreed with you, just that this was not intended to be a debate on the 9/11.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Havox

Watch his capture and residing on U.S. soil, being used as a reason to advance the Drone program on U.S. soil.

Timing is slightly suspicious in my book....

Des

Interesting concept. Very possible indeed. Gives a good motive for them.

However there is the side that bin Laden wasn't even a real person. He was a created personaility by the CIA after 9/11.
Tin foil hat on.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Awesome! Let's bring him to the U.S., buy him a cup of coffee at a sidewalk cafe ...and then send out a drone to launch a Hellfire missile at him.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A nobody to be honest with you...maybe the USA should Capture Bin Ladens buddies....ie...Bush and co...

Do people still believe this Schitt that Bin Laden was the Black sheep of the Family....he was the family hero and an American Allies for years when he was fighting them pesky Russians.....what changed...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So they brought him to the US and he was read his Miranda Rights. He's now lawyered up and isn't talking. How convenient.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oh,they captured the "mouthpeice" what a convenient way to continue to build up the "war on terror."They will just post a pic of him and attempt to build him up from mere spokesman to the next boogey man.The big difference here is they will have a bigger platform to do this with since he's now in custody.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This administration does nothing without a hidden agenda. How sad that non citizens have more rights than we are promised. What is the real reason for bringing him to the US instead of Gitmo? The time is a bit questionable also. This yells "STAGED".

top topics

join