It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Understudy [CLWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Understudy

Hollywood, California

Beezzer stamped out his cigarette and poured another three fingers of scotch into a dirty glass.
“I hate this fracking town”, he mumbled under his breath. His roommate, BB (Bugs, to his friends) walked in, still on the phone.
“Manny, I get it, I get it. Cartoons are really tired today. Warner Brothers are so yesterday, as far as I’m concerned. Don’t give me a movie of the week; I want the silver fracking screen. I want to hit the Oscars, babe, I want the shiny golden bastard on my shelf! What in the hell do I pay you for?”
Bugs paused and listened to his beaten agent talk about an upcoming script.
He said, “Whatever, Manny. Make. It. Happen!” Bugs then slammed the phone back in the cradle and stared at Beezzer.

Beezzer took a sip of his drink and said, “Making friends all over the place, aren’t you, you prima donna!”

Bugs looked at Beezzer in disgust and said, “You two-bit loser! You’re a drunk. A lousy stand-in for Carson on occasion and a crappy backup dancer for Madonna videos. Why I ever took you under my wing is beyond me. I should have thrown you out on your cotton tail years ago, pal!”

Beezzer took another drink and lit another cigarette. He didn’t say anything.

Bugs continued. “That adult film you did with the cast of Wild Kingdom two years ago really rocketed you to stardom, didn’t it, buddy! How about getting caught with those hookers with Danny DiVito? Get you any calls back?”
Bugs sneered.
“Face it, loser, you’re washed up. You don’t have what it takes to survive in this town. Hell, as long as I’m around, you’ll always be a second rate bit player, bitch.”
Beezzer said nothing. Just slowly sipped his drink and smoked his cigarette.

“Well, say something, loser. You got the stones to man up to a star?” Bugs stared, waited, and then turned away with a small cough.

As soon as Bugs turned, Beezzer leapt from the sofa, bottle of scotch in hand and smashed the single malt against the right side of Bugs head. He dropped like a stone. Without a pause, Beezzer ran to the kitchen and returned with a butcher’s knife and began cutting and hacking and cutting and sawing. He threw the bloody pieces of his former roommate in a pot, added carrots and onions and started singing, “Hasenpfeffer. I loves me some Hasenpfeffer. “
An anonymous donation to the local food kitchen for the homeless was soon in order.
Beezzer was interrupted though, when the phone rang. It was Manny. No, Bugs left town. Family emergency. No he couldn’t do the movie. Was Beezzer available? Sure! Co-star with Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone? Absolutely! When should he be at the studio? Tomorrow? No problem!

The name of the project?

Fatal Attraction.

Beezzer finally felt that his luck was turning around.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My first reaction to the story was:

..my second was:

I didn't see the stew coming.

Yet another classic tale told only as you could. Damn good!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Thanks!
I went kinda dark with this one. Had fun with it. The way it played in my head would keep a shrink busy for years!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That was very interesting friend.

I enjoyed the read. Quick and dark and lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace and love
-nat the cat-

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thankee Sai (taps throat) ma'am.

Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Pretty reasonable entry with a decent ending. No real structural, grammar, spelling issues. You started in the right place. As i'm always saying I'm a big fan of 'in medias res'. I wish you luck with it.

However, the story appeared to be more about Beezzer than Bugs.

I see a pattern here what with you putting your name in the title of some of your threads. I Hope your other half has learnt dealing and coping mechanisms for an ego that big.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Thank you for the critique!

(and yes she has)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
beezzer
Another well done story i loved the dark read but ive always loved the darkside..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank you, ma'am. I appreciate you reading it!
edit on 8-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Whoa! That was pretty intense,bro! But I love it

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcelli

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

new topics

top topics

join