It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Camel found in Canadian Arctic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

When Natalia Rybczynski unearthed the first few bone fragments on a windswept ridge in Canada’s High Arctic, she knew she was onto something big.

Rybczynski, a paleobiologist at the Canadian Museum of Nature, recalls thinking: “This is something kind of off the charts.”

It turns out she had uncovered the remains of the first camel ever found in the High Arctic.

The remarkable discovery, announced Tuesday, shows the humped creatures lived in forests that extended as far north as Ellesmere Island 3.5 million years ago during a global warm spell that the scientists say holds important lessons for the modern world.

Fascinating news. I like it when every day is different and hits us with new things. I think this is again one of those things that teach us not to close our eyes, but to experience to the fullest.

Nature will always surprise us.

Sorry for the lack of comments and opinions, I just thought it was interesting, but didn't have anything intelligent to bring to the conversation.

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That's a pretty neat discovery indeed and it's so contrary to what we think of when we think of camels today (existing in hot desert climates). The camel is obviously a very durable species when it's not eaten to extinction, lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

join