It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion: GeoTargeted Forums

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

No I don't think i'm quite done yet. You make a thread consisting of 1 small paragraph. And i'm taking the word paragraph loosely.

I asked you What do you mean with geotargeted, no response. Your to bussy reminding people to read the "op" instead of responding to questions and elaborating your intend.

Are we talking HAARP yes or no?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

No I don't think i'm quite done yet. You make a thread consisting of 1 small paragraph. And i'm taking the word paragraph loosely.

I asked you What do you mean with geotargeted, no response. Your to bussy reminding people to read the "op" instead of responding to questions and elaborating your intend.

Are we talking HAARP yes or no?

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion on my suggestion.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So you just reported a member for asking a question.
Atleast answer my question its the least you could do.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusRye

Originally posted by flexy123
The UFO forum has entirely different problems than splitting it into different geological sub-sections.

I have never proposed splitting any forums, and certainly not splitting it into geological sections. I have no idea what geology has to do with this thread. In fact, discussing geology is absolutely off-topic to this thread.

reported

geography.

Reported? For what, that I made a mistake in replying to you?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The UFO forum has entirely different problems than splitting it into different geological sub-sections.

I have never proposed splitting any forums, and certainly not splitting it into geological sections. I have no idea what geology has to do with this thread. In fact, discussing geology is absolutely off-topic to this thread.

reported

geography.

Reported? For what, that I made a mistake in replying to you?

This is a thread about geography, you started talking about geology (the study of rocks and minerals). I reported you for Off-Topic posting and thread disruption. If you meant to say geography, I acknowledge the responding admin should take that into consideration.

I would like to encourage people to take their time and make the choice to coherently phrase their posts. This is not a race. Much confusion can be avoided when we make an effort to put our best foot forward.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So you just reported a member for asking a question.
Atleast answer my question its the least you could do.

As I've previously indicated, I have answered your questions to the extent I would like to answer them at this time. I request you not cyber-bully or harass me. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

To what extend would that be? Ah right I should read the OP gotcha
I will wrestle myself trough that wall of text and all my questions will be answered.

Thankyou for these wise words.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

To what extend would that be? Ah right I should read the OP gotcha
I will wrestle myself trough that wall of text and all my questions will be answered.

-

thank you

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If ATS were a democracy I would vote against the idea suggested in the OP.
I am satisfied with the mostly subject specific forums. The search option is also useful enough to satisfy my interest in location related topics.
ATS is not a democracy though so I offer this solely as my unimportant opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If you get abducted by a UFO and have a rod shoved into your pooper outside Bakersfield, you could (a) choose to post it in the California forum, or, (b) choose to post it in the UFO forum. Totally up to you.

The most obvious flaw here would be that if one was interested in READING UFO posts, now instead of one forum, they would need to read 13, and in 12 of them, sort through the local Bigfoot, mermaid and vampire sightings in order to find the aliens.

The only way this makes any sense is if people had the option of "tagging" their posts to the UFO forum, and then you, as a reader, had the option of saying "only show me alien abductions that present an immediate threat" (ie: local to you.)

Lots of work for the devs, though, as well as some privacy issues for some members, so not likely to happen.

edit on 7-3-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand
If ATS were a democracy I would vote against the idea suggested in the OP.
I am satisfied with the mostly subject specific forums. The search option is also useful enough to satisfy my interest in location related topics.
ATS is not a democracy though so I offer this solely as my unimportant opinion.

Thank you for your grammatically correct and polite disagreement. While you do not support my suggestion, I appreciate you presenting a civil counter-argument.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Read the OP and in agreement. ATS is an international forum and such changes should reflect this. I think it is a pointless idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Read the OP and in agreement. ATS is an international forum and such changes should reflect this. I think it is a pointless idea.

Your first two sentences were great. Your third sentence was mean and uncivil.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Umm, I did read your post, and understood it. I don't mean to be a "Net Bully", but you do have to consider what others have inputted into your suggestion. I myself have had to bite my tongue many times in the last 14 years or so as a ATS member. i have found that the subject of researching UFOs is far more complicated than it has to be and need not be even more complicated. Just because someone, or in this case, the majority of people do not agree with your vision does not mean they are being Mean.

Now in saying all that, what is your expectations of this change. How do you feel this will aid the average Joe in his quest to the truth. How will your suggestion assist people? And, do you care?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Umm, I did read your post, and understood it. I don't mean to be a "Net Bully",

apology accepted

Originally posted by All Seeing EyeNow in saying all that, what is your expectations of this change. How do you feel this will aid the average Joe in his quest to the truth. How will your suggestion assist people? And, do you care?

For instance, per OP, "I really could care less when Billy Joe Bob in Nowhere, Arkansas is seeing unusual activity outside his farm. However, if I lived in Arkansas I might be interested."

edit on 7-3-2013 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
To much trouble, not enough need. Sorry, you seem pretty invested in your idea, but no thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thread closed for staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join