It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion: GeoTargeted Forums

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
WHAT: I'd like ATS to create geo-specific forums.
WHY: I really could care less when Billy Joe Bob in Nowhere, Arkansas is seeing unusual activity outside his farm. However, if I lived in Arkansas I might be interested.
HOW: ATS geo-specific forums would be limited to experiential reports from the specified regions otherwise unlimited by topic. Posters would be permitted to cross-post to geo-specific forums and a generalist thread, if they wanted (e.g. you see a UFO in New Hampshire, you could post to a UFO board and a Region 1 board).
WHEN: initially create 12 new forums, one for each region of the US Canada; if this is a success, a broader range of global geotargeted forums can be created

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

I believe I understand what you are attempting to suggest, but, the regions are a problem. Especially when "Aliens" are the ones who decide where and when they will appear, reappear, and disappear. When attempting to compartmentalize information the bigger picture will be illusive. That is one of the major problems now in uncovering the truth concerning them..

The "Alien" harassment does seem to follow general areas over a period of time but I doubt keeping information in one forum would be productive in the long run.

ATS used to be a very simple forum where there were few separate specialty divisions. Now, if a alien mutilates a human being, which shows clear and convincing evidence of a superior "Medical" knowledge, it is relegated to UFOs, and not the Medical area. Important connections between the two are now separated and would require unnecessary extra research.

I say, keep it simple as possible.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

I believe I understand what you are attempting to suggest,

after reading your message I'm pretty sure you don't

sorry

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Why only for one small part of the world though?

ATS isn't a US forum, it's a global one.

I don't think you've really thought this through?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Why only for one small part of the world though?

ATS isn't a US forum, it's a global one.

I don't think you've really thought this through?

This is addressed in the OP. I would encourage you to read posts before you make the choice to respond to them, particularly if you intend to make a belittling and passive-aggressive response.
edit on 7-3-2013 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This sounds impractical to say the least.
And could u please elaborate on geotargeted weather? Or is this a disguised HAARP forum?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Looks as if we're all be prompted for our specific location on Earth. As a conspiracy investigator, I say, No Thanks. Plus, it looks a bit complex. Alot of people around here just wanna log in, and browse through the world - introducing sub-categories might bother most of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

How many hundreds of forums are you expecting? As I say, I don't think you've really thought it through.

If ATS were just about one specific subject (say UFO reports) then yes. But ATS covers thousands of subjects.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Exactly! I fully agree.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
OH Jesus. It's really simple. You're all imagining these grand, complex constructions.

Right now, there is an umbrella-forum called "Mysterious Subject Matter!" Within that are various topic-specific forums like "Cryptozoology," "2012," etc.

I am simply proposing another umbrella-forum be added to the many that already exist called "Local Reports" or something similar. Beneath that will be various topic-specific forums like "Northwest US/Canada," "California," etc.

If you get abducted by a UFO and have a rod shoved into your pooper outside Bakersfield, you could (a) choose to post it in the California forum, or, (b) choose to post it in the UFO forum. Totally up to you.

Some people may appreciate being able to connect with others in their geography when they have a story or report that is not substantial to a general audience but may be of interest to those in their locality.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF FORUMS ARE YOU EXPECTING?

As outlined in OP ... 12.

I think you need to take a break now.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
see a UFO, post it in the UFO forum. simple. wanna know where it happened? ask. I don't see any point in complicating with geo targeted forums.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
see a UFO, post it in the UFO forum. simple. wanna know where it happened? ask. I don't see any point in complicating with geo targeted forums.

I'd, for the third time, like to encourage people read the OP before jumping head first into the deep end of the pool.

Per the OP:

"I really could care less when Billy Joe Bob in Nowhere, Arkansas is seeing unusual activity outside his farm. However, if I lived in Arkansas I might be interested."

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I did read the op. just because you think its great other people will not. personally I think it is a silly idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
I did read the op.

Then please don't derail the thread with questions that have been addressed in the OP. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
wow check you out. good luck with your idea, think you may need it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think people can manage to read those 3 sentences that make your thread. In fact u might just made the first thread this year where people actually read the whole thread

That aside in your OP you stated to start off with 12 forums. If a success to expand.

A member replies how many forums do you need? Where you reply 12. So it seems you might wanna read your own thread where it clearly states more if success.

So where would that lead? Even an umbrella forum has its limits. Also can u imagine the double if not triple thread this would bring? And we know people here are a bit touchy when it comes to re-posts; We have a special ATS division for that.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The UFO forum has entirely different problems than splitting it into different geological sub-sections.
(Aside from the fact that I dont even see a benefit this would have). You can do this on a site which would get many 10s or hundreds or so sighting each day, then it might make sense.

What WOULD make sense is a sub-forum "sightings" where strictly UFO sightings would go, to separate sightings reports from all the other crap which is in the UFO forum these days - but as said this is not the main issue here.

>>
that is not substantial to a general audience but may be of interest to those in their locality.
>>

I think you are entirely alone here with your logic.
edit on 7-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

I think people can manage to read those 3 sentences that make your thread. In fact u might just made the first thread this year where people actually read the whole thread

That aside in your OP you stated to start off with 12 forums. If a success to expand.

A member replies how many forums do you need? Where you reply 12. So it seems you might wanna read your own thread where it clearly states more if success.

So where would that lead? Even an umbrella forum has its limits. Also can u imagine the double if not triple thread this would bring? And we know people here are a bit touchy when it comes to re-posts; We have a special ATS division for that.

I think you've adequately expressed your opinion on the matter and it's been noted. I don't think you need to feel obligated to continue to post. Again, thank you for your input.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
The UFO forum has entirely different problems than splitting it into different geological sub-sections.

I have never proposed splitting any forums, and certainly not splitting it into geological sections. I have no idea what geology has to do with this thread. In fact, discussing geology is absolutely off-topic to this thread.

reported

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join