It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minimal postings.....Why are threads that reflect main stream views here allowed to stay?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When I started reading this site six or seven years ago it was a completely different place. Now it might as well be the comments section of any story on the Huffington Post. Deny ignorance? More like gather it up from all corners of the internet.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It is a conspiracy. My theory is corruption, that someone is getting kickbacks. The other reason could be favoritism of certain posters so they are special and don't have to follow the rules. If so, that is a sign of inevitable demise of true genius in a forum, meaning, the leadership is comfortably wealthy and unmotivated to keep the form edge sharp.

Like how the trending posts eerily look like advertising for mainstream media. Just pose the header as a question with outrage or umbrage, tell everybody to click on the link to read more... it is a segueway for the news.

I agree with the rantiness of it, I hate the clique comments, like 4 or 5 people are in the same room but different computers, bumping up threads with "good for you!" type of comments. It is as though they believe the forums are a competitive game for links. No, the activity is becoming like what I saw on daytime television before I unplugged the set at home... housewife mentality. So lets sit down and talk about cooking, celebrities, and gossip, and what shoes to wear for the apocalypse.

Where are the lunatics and hard theorists? I have seen a few recently but they are getting chewed out by the housewives that think normaler is better. Because I like to keep my writing not too crazy for the forums, not too woo woo, (even though that is when the best stuff gets said) but to react to the one liners and the saleslink posts, I don't want to share, for a perception of lack of acceptance.

Oh yeah, and I feel the rip-off, where good ideas are being spun into disgenuine replies in other places. Where is the heart and soul? People are all paranoid of DHS or somethng.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

ATS is censored, by who? Who knows. They'll probably even censor this, which is more proof that they are censored.
Like it's just the same mod mindset that is anywhere else:
Regardless of how true, it's how productive it is to the site and how "friendly" it seems. Or else, the site would be chaos. Sure, we might have more truth floating around, but it would all be chaos.

No one ever said truth goes hand in hand with stability and or ability to relay something. Someone may have got on here one day just after having been nearly gunned down by Area 51 people shouting in a thread ##SNIPPED##

Only to have been deleted moments later because it was seen as a troll or a lunatic. Nobody saw it, nobody thought any more of it. Nobody cared.

Get my drift? No one ever said Truth necessarily aligns with our standards (or the mods standards) of decency. This goes for any site. I do like the freedom (heh) on ATS so, that's why I'm here.
There really are no *free* sites (there can't be without extreme chaos), but... I don't know... at least you have a huge range of topics to pick from here.

**(typed earlier)
But I'll tell you one thing, they will allow content that no other sites will. That's to be fair. Now, this could also be to "catalog" the most intelligent, yet rambunctious thinkers. So, who knows...

Anyway, even though you've given it a good start, why don't you start an official ATS conspiracy thread?

Scared?

edit on 8-3-2013 by soobie because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Mar 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soobie

Hey I posted!! But I couldn't help but notice the number of postive marks vs the number of agreeable post.
I think you are right.

But if you eased up on the language you could make your point better.
edit on 9-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Sorry Mod. This is untrue. I've seen plenty of Mods be second post on a one line thread. Most people are biased in their views and will protect what they believe and destroy what they don't.

Eta Sorry didn't mean to reply directly to you rocky.
edit on 9-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Thank's but that is about the exact opposite of the situation I see.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yeah I though it was a little BS'y too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join