It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not to be dramatic, but this thread could save your life. (Response to 'superbug.')

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Bacteriophages are the natural predator of bacteria. They feast on antibiotic resistant strains as well. They are a cure and safe, because they are type specific, no side effects.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

What in the world are you going on about? I utilize the health care system. I just don't abuse it. I grew up and realized, I don't need to be told how to or what to do by others to keep myself healthy and my family.

I've hand sanitizer all over the house. I buy that from big pharma. I buy tylenol for my children from big pharma. When I have a medical situation I can't handle, I load up into the vehicle and head for the hospital.

I just also have a few herbalist tricks under my belt because I grew up with a garden. I grew up with a witch. I even know how to do canning, make wine, and skin/gut animals and cut em' up. (I hated hunting season). I know homeopathic remedies because I was taught to know them, how to use them. Heck, it's partly why I went into nursing when I went into the military. The other aspect is it's just in my nature. I'm a healer.

Herbalism isn't something you just jump into though. It requires homework, and a green thumb. Particularly when working with plants and flowers you have very little knowledge of. On another practical note, I enjoy fresh chives, tomatoes, and cucumber from my own garden, rather than the supermarkets horrendously expensive version. And I've always enough to share with the neighbors.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you are going through surgery the best holistic approach to preventing yourself from getting any type of Superbug is to simply use honey when you're dressing the wounds. Microorganisms cannot flourish in honey as it contains no water. If common sense instead of greed had been the norm then honey would have been staple all along and we wouldn't have resistant "bugs". Those exist because of overusing antibiotics.
edit on 8-3-2013 by LadyofGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

i havent taken as much as a tylenol in 5 years and havent been sick once.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I understand the usefulness of such herbals, my grandma before she had to go on insulin and blood pressure pills she made her own concoction of syrups from her garden. Even pharmaceutical companies use these herbal things into their drugs, its just that it is used as an extract so the name is a chemical name.

Instead of saying that herbal is good, half of the people in this thread are saying how evil is pharma and shtting on pharmaceuticals like its all a conspiracy.

Again, im not defending the corporation but the drugs.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate
reply to post by eleven44

Exactly how does one mix oil and water and expect to dilute the oil? And a spray bottle? The oil will just sit on top of the water, I mean, wont it?

Alcohol is a good way of doing that.
Alcohol acts as a dispersing agent.
Oils can dissolve in alcohol but not water, yet alcohol can dissolve in water. Thus, mix your oil with just a few tablespoons of high grade alcohol and then mix it in your spray bottle, good to go!

(Good question.)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm not sure if anyone is saying that absolutely NO drugs are beneficial. I'm surely not saying that at least.
(I will say that I personally have not taken any drugs - not even an Advil or Tylenol or cough syrup - in years and am in great shape.)

But how can you admit that Big Pharma is corrupt (yes, as most corporate industries are) and yet still support their product and their take on health? They supply the funds for the studies. They fund the information taught in medical schools. They pay for specific misleading information about natural remedies to come up first on Google. They convince the entire population that vaccines are not only good but necessary. They have shipped drugs that were knowingly contaminated with HIV overseas to continue putting them on the shelves and continuing to make a profit >> (from this story)

To read the English-speaking media, you'd never know that Bayer (BAYRY) just paid "tens of millions" of dollars to end a three-decade long scandal in which the company sold HIV-contaminated blood products to haemophiliacs, thousands of whom later died of AIDS. Ironically, Bayer's new haemophilia iPhone app got some coverage, as did Bayer's haemophilia research grant to the University of Florida. But you have to pick through the French and Italian news media to find out that Bayer is finally writing checks to people who got AIDS because, in the 1980s, the Cutter Biological unit of Bayer ignored federal law to recruit prisoners, intravenous drug users, and high-risk gay men as donors of the blood Cutter then used to make Factor VIII and IX, the clotting product that haemophiliacs need in order to not bleed to death.

Why would they put millions of dollars towards studies that wouldn't prove to be profitable to them? Because they care about our health??? I doubt it.
edit on 8-3-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Bacteriophages are the natural predator of bacteria. They feast on antibiotic resistant strains as well. They are a cure and safe, because they are type specific, no side effects.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by D_Mason

The techniques does exist. its called Phage Therapy.

It just not perfected.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by D_Mason

The techniques does exist. its called Phage Therapy.

It just not perfected.

Who told you it is not? They have been treating people in Eastern Europe with them for probably 60 years. Phage therapy has already been shown to eat MRSA for lunch.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by D_Mason

Well, true, it was discovered during the Soviet era. I personally used T4 Bacteriophage on Ecoli during my bachelors. They target E.coli, insert their DNA, multiply inside the host and explode like fire works, making waste to Bacteria.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Sandalwood is my favorite! Love that stuff. Had to bump real quick as I want to bookmark for later reading.

Awesome thread.... and love the humor!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

We can only hope that it takes them out. The problem is the elites are already using alternative therapies while they feed us this constant stream of garbage and "slash and burn" medicine.

It's a constant barage of disinformation and threats to anybody who questions their authority. I tell my doctor to pound sand on his perscription meds pretty regularly.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

"There are approximately 40 million trillion molecules in one drop of essential oil (that's approximately 40,000 molecules for each cell in the average human body)," explains an article on essential oils published in the International Wellness Directory. "They are so small that they enter your body through the skin and go everywhere in your body," it adds; noting that many other therapeutic compounds found in nature have much larger molecules that are not as efficient or effective at entering cells.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

There are quite a few mutagenic/carcinogenic substances that just as easily enter cells. They fail to mention. Natural News is such a dumb source.

Don't get me wrong I support the use of essential oils, and use them myself. NN just turns everything into hippie snake oil propaganda.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I asked earlier, generally, how expensive are the five essential oils to make your own Thieves Oil?

And has anyone used the Hawthorn leaf? The messages from Heaven say it is very good and to buy it for
the end times.

thanks!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I wasn't aware there was such a harsh criticism of NaturalNews. I don't go to them specifically, but they just so happen to come up on a lot of my searches and stumblings. The articles I have seen have always given me a lot of good information. If I had known that some people would literally disregard everything I said simply because i referenced NN I definitely would have picked a different site.

Type in "Essential oils forty million trillion" into google and I promise there are many many other resources that quote the same information and statistics.

Are you saying there are carcinogens in essential oils? If so, I haven't heard anything about that, could you direct me to some sources that give more information?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thanks for your info. I never really looked into essential oils before but I'm always looking for alternative remedies so ill definitely keep this thieves oil in mind.

I've also been doing lots of research today on what essential oils can help with anxiety and depression. Ill definitely be picking up some essential oils soon

snf

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
I asked earlier, generally, how expensive are the five essential oils to make your own Thieves Oil?

And has anyone used the Hawthorn leaf? The messages from Heaven say it is very good and to buy it for
the end times.

thanks!

Hey, Colbe! Sorry I didn't respond to your question earlier.

It's kind of a tricky question though because there are a lot of variables.
It depends on a couple of things, such as the supplier you are going through and how much oil you want to order.

As for the amount to order, 1oz of each type of oil would be more than enough to make plenty of batches of Thieves Oil. (An ounce of oil has roughly 600 drops in a bottle.)

There are many different companies to go through to order oils, but whichever one you choose to go with make sure you do your research to check that they are reputable. You don't want to get diluted or synthetic oils. NOW, Mountain Rose Herbs, and Young Living are three companies that have a pretty good reputation. NOW seems to have some of the best prices (they are a larger company so they have a high buying power and are well known in the health supplement world) but some say that, although NOW has great quality, there is better. But I'm not endorsing anyone.

Also, essential oil prices can range all over the place. For example, Chamomile is usually very expensive (upwards as $120 for one ounce!) Whereas citronella can be as low as 4 dollars for an ounce.

With that said...I recently bought a big supply of oils from NOW because they were more in my budget. These are some of the prices that I found through Amazon...

1oz Lemon oil - $5.42
1oz Cinnamon oil - $7.95
1oz Clove oil - $3.21
1oz Eucalyptus oil - $5.99
1oz Rosemary oil - $4.03

That's a total of just roughly $25. Not bad at all!

After that, all you need is some carrier oil such as Coconut oil or Olive oil and you're good to go!

As for Hawthorn Leaf...I am not familiar with that. I'll look in to it though, thanks!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It depends though whether the oil is polar or non polar as to will it mix properly with alchohol.Most hydrocarbons are non polar and alchohol is polar. i would assume that lavender oil is non polar as it does not mix well with water.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

You're welcome

Glad that you're looking in to them now! I suppose (as a few comments have illustrated) there is still plenty of skepticism to their use in treating bacterial infections, but there definitely is no question that they can help with stress, depression, insomnia, low energy, and all around general mood.

You may want to look in to specific blends to use, or take on the challenge of coming up with your own blends. (remember, more is not always better when it comes to essential oils.) Lavender, Rosemary and Chamomile are great for relaxing and taking away some of that stress.

I'm still learning myself, and have a good ways to go! But if you have any questions or need any pointers, feel free to shoot me a message. (That offer goes to everyone else, as well!)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join