It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not to be dramatic, but this thread could save your life. (Response to 'superbug.')

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I have read some studies where ooo killed strep within minutes. I didn't believe it until my boyfriend got it. After two rounds of antibiotics from the doctor, I asked him to try the ooo and I'm telling you it was gone in two days. Now when he gets sick, he goes right for that.

I hope no one thinks I'm saying to keep away from the doctor, I'm not. Doctors are skilled and important in handling things we cannot, but there are things I believe I can do to keep myself healthy. I don't like running to the doctor for every single thing. But that's me.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Because a sabertooth tiger would jump through the shack and rip your head off.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If I end up sick, I'll know where to look and I'll read it then.

Thanks OP!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I had the same problem a toothache only I used garlic powder and applied it right to the gum amazing stuff..I also add it to warm water with dead sea salt and gargle with it for sore throats/post nasal drip..

One other was a raw potato cut off a piece with no skin and applied it to some swelling I had on my gum from an injury in an hour it was gone, I came across the powers of raw potato's on accident but its amazing what they do also..

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

Actually Garlic CAN kill MRSA it has been proved in scientific studies google it....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It's threads like this which really make me believe that epidemiology and scientific method are being either non-existent or poorly taught at the high school level. Also what you propose is not only UNETHICAL but extremely dangerous. Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae CANNOT be cured by essential oils, that is actually hilarious and I honestly thought you were a massive troll but now I'm deeply concerned due to the fact people here actually believe you.

I am very upset you are promoting this notion and you should not pretend to know anything about this topic at all, especially as there are people gullible into believing you and not undergoing REAL medical treatment and suffering extreme consequences. Yes this happens, people die due to refusal of treatment, its horrible and tragic but there is point where autonomy takes its place.

Please ATS, I urgently advise you that yes, essential oils MAY have positive effects, especially fish oils, krill oil, CLA etc..... but the evidence for that is still not great and its not for anything serious, mainly for reducing cardiovascular pathology risk ever so slightly. Using oil for sepsis (generalized) bacterial infection is like trying to take out a house on fire with your pee. Still, believe what you want, you have that right. Just think, don't let this conspiracy way of thinking assimilate your entire belief system.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A few years ago I broke a molar in the back of my mouth but since it didn't hurt (and I am terrified of dentists!) I did nothing about it. Then last year I woke up with the most god-awful pain I could imagine. (To those of you who have experienced tooth pain you know what I'm talking about) Nothing helped!! And since it was over the weekend I couldn't see a dentist.

I went to a website forum of other toothache sufferers and these posters swore by Clove Oil. Oh my god, that stuff worked! The pain went away and I was able to sleep through the night. I used it again in the morning when I got a slight twinge of pain and it went away. I did end up getting a root canal a year later but that stuff worked and I was pain-free until my root canal.

I also use peppermint oil topically for headaches and tea tree oil for scratches. (I hate the smell of tea tree oil, though)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfit312
I had the same problem a toothache only I used garlic powder and applied it right to the gum amazing stuff..I also add it to warm water with dead sea salt and gargle with it for sore throats/post nasal drip..

One other was a raw potato cut off a piece with no skin and applied it to some swelling I had on my gum from an injury in an hour it was gone, I came across the powers of raw potato's on accident but its amazing what they do also..

Toothaches are the worst!! I love garlic but it didn't work on me so I used clove oil. Each person is different so I don't doubt that it worked for you.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfit312
reply to post by Antonio1

Actually Garlic CAN kill MRSA it has been proved in scientific studies google it....

There have not been many proper studies on this but as far as the evidence we have, It has been promising and I look forward to seeing what potential new antibiotics they derive from garlic.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hello OP and thank you for this information.
I have recently become very interested in this topic, and appreciate the links (will be checking them out shortly).
Many people only turn to natural/alternative medicines as a last resort. That is a shame.
I watch documentaries about various native peoples who have immense knowledge about all flora and fauna in their environment. They know which plants/leaves will stop toothache....and which ones will coagulate blood.
I believe that nature provides us with everything necessary to live healthy....and to heal.
I personally have gone the 'pharma' route....and ended up with nasty repercussions.
Also...thanks to the others who have contributed with useful information and personal testimony.
jacygirl

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The superbugs in question are in the Enterobacteriaceae family ie enterics, they typically reside in your gut, normal flora. The problem lies when they take root some where other than where they are supposed to be ie lungs, urinary tract, blood. Unless you want to inject essential oils up your ding dong, blood stream, or inhale them you will end up a dead ducky either way. Topically the best thing you can use is good old fashioned betadine for you survivalist. Deny ignorance, but ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gullibleskeptic
It's threads like this which really make me believe that epidemiology and scientific method are being either non-existent or poorly taught at the high school level. Also what you propose is not only UNETHICAL but extremely dangerous. Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae CANNOT be cured by essential oils, that is actually hilarious and I honestly thought you were a massive troll but now I'm deeply concerned due to the fact people here actually believe you.

I am very upset you are promoting this notion and you should not pretend to know anything about this topic at all, especially as there are people gullible into believing you and not undergoing REAL medical treatment and suffering extreme consequences. Yes this happens, people die due to refusal of treatment, its horrible and tragic but there is point where autonomy takes its place.

Please ATS, I urgently advise you that yes, essential oils MAY have positive effects, especially fish oils, krill oil, CLA etc..... but the evidence for that is still not great and its not for anything serious, mainly for reducing cardiovascular pathology risk ever so slightly. Using oil for sepsis (generalized) bacterial infection is like trying to take out a house on fire with your pee. Still, believe what you want, you have that right. Just think, don't let this conspiracy way of thinking assimilate your entire belief system.

Fish oil and Krill oil are not essential oils.
Very very far from it, actually.
And yet....you think I am the one who doesn't know anything about this topic?

How do you KNOW that it CANNOT? Where are your studies? Where's the evidence that they are not effective at all?

If you really don't know about the massive amount of evidence and support about the extremely powerful antibiotic effects of oil, then please don't mount your high horse and come at me. You are very wrong if you don't think that essential oils can't even clear up a generalized bacterial infection.
I haven't used any kind of western medicine in at least two years (before that it was maybe an occasional Advil or something.) I have cleared up UTI, staph infection, boils, tooth infection, basic cuts/infections and any cold or sickness that I've got.

I admit (as I admitted in my OP) that yeah, I'm a little overzealous when it comes to the power of essential oils. But your skepticism towards such ideas and the use of such medicines is far more dangerous than my (supported) believe in them. Have fun with antibiotics, I'm going with what Mother Nature provided.
edit on 8-3-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've no experience or even knowledge of Essential Oils. So if they are so effective, then why not just mix them all-together and use them? It would seem to cover all bases that way.

A month ago I had an elective hip replacement. The surgical team applied a large sheet of adhesive plastic to the area prior to the incision. The incision is about 12 inches in length. (Hip replacement is sort of like carpentry) That remained for 2 weeks then the surgeon removed it. He did tell me that he and his team use bubble suits while performing such surgeries.

While in recovery I received an intravenous antibiotic. I suppose that was SOP.

I'm now healed have had no infection. Surgery took place at a small country hospital. About 70 beds. (Noyes Hospital, Dansville NY USA) Wonderful place, very very clean. (Excellent food too)

In a round about way I'm trying to convey that I live on a farm where clean isn't always possible. HOWEVER we eat fresh foods and meats from locally raised animals. There is no soda pop in our fridge, in fact we rarely eat anything that is "Manufactured". While this isn't an end all solution, it does demonstrate that all the additives put into our foods cannot be good for us.

We live without experiencing the common cold or flu. No shots for those either. I don't believe the shots are healthy.

Read recently that unvarnished copper handles are being used in hospitals because it kills bacteria. I think of those polished brass handles on old banks and stores. (Brass is part copper) They were polished weekly but were unvarnished. Wondering if they realized those handles were doing something more than just looking attractive?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I admit (as I admitted in my OP) that yeah, I'm a little overzealous when it comes to the power of essential oils. But your skepticism towards such ideas and the use of such medicines is far more dangerous than my (supported) believe in them. Have fun with antibiotics, I'm going with what Mother Nature provided.

Not to be a dirck, but most antibiotics are derived from nature. Penicillin, is just one.
edit on 8-3-2013 by dickrichards because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gullibleskeptic

Would you like to hear how "REAL" medicine/medical treatments and misdiagnosis have literally put me in the throes of death and compromised my immune system just in the past 2-years?! Don't get me started.......

Although I've no personal experience with essential oils at this time, I was informed of the effective medicinal benefits that a RN experienced through the use of pharmaceutical grade oil of oregano. At this point, I'm willing to try one or some of the suggested essential oils because I'm tired of being a Big Pharma lab rat!

As a side note, when my younger sibling was an infant, she developed a very high fever and was given "last rites" by a priest in the hospital. But it just so happened my aunt was an RN there and took it upon herself to apply an "old wive's" remedy in hopes of saving my sister's life. I doubt anyone here would ever guess what the remedy was, so I'll tell you.

Raw onions. Yes, raw onions applied to the bottom of her feet! The fever actually cooked the onions and broke the fever .....and saved her life.

Fast forward.....less than a year ago my sister was facing the dire consequence of having her colon removed because doctors were unable to cure her colitis. Two years of suffering! I happened to be hospitalized with a severe case of C. diff, following surgery, when she contacted me. I mentioned how I had "cured" a close friend with colitis 6-months earlier, using Kombucha tea. She was "all ears."

A month later, when I was well enough to get around again, I mailed her a few of my Kombucha tea cultures. The rest is history! Even her doctors are amazed at the dramatic results and told her to "Keep drinking that tea!" She doesn't need to be reminded. Nature does what modern medicine couldn't do!

In closing, thank you OP for the work and research you put into creating this thread.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Toots because: spelling correction

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Fish oil and Krill oil are not essential oils.

How do you KNOW that it CANNOT? Where are your studies? Where's the evidence that they are not effective at all?

I have cleared up UTI, staph infection, boils, tooth infection, basic cuts/infections and any cold or sickness that I've got.

Have fun with antibiotics, I'm going with what Mother Nature provided.

Sorry, I meant essential fatty acids before, not essential oils.

You cannot say "oh prove that it doesn't work!". That is illogical and just shows your ignorance in what rational thinking and science is about. Look, if these things did work, we would DEFINITELY be doing an extreme amount of research or using them by now, the very fact that we don't (especially for something MASSIVE such as antibiotics), is not a big pharma conspiracy or a quick judgment on natural therapy but more of a deeper understanding of pharmacology, epidemiology and chemistry.

There are countless anecdotal accounts of things like this working, but there are also an extraordinary number of people into psychics, religious experiences, UFO's, paranormal etc...... Most of these are complete bs but some might be genuine, its difficult to say. YET the ONLY thing that does not lie is evidence, and that is something lacking in this field. For all you people who hate medicine, you have such a deep ignorance about how much our lives have been improved, its one of the greatest accomplishments of mankind. You people have taken such things for granted and these ridiculous ideas that are generated by some of the natural healers have killed more then they have helped.

The conditions you mentioned are NOTHING compared to sepsis, MANY people die from it. Bacterial sepsis is extremely dangerous and life threatening. You would not treat a heart attack with root of sage. Also LOL at your natural antibiotic quote, I wonder where most of my antibiotics come from..... Let me ask you this question, your loved one is dying and you are given the choice, antibiotics that have been proven to work or a bunch of oils that mean nothing in the medical world. What will you honestly choose? Will you risk their life of a person on the basis of some anecdotal evidence and some poor studies? Or will go you go for a drug that has been studied for dozens of years by brilliant minds and has saved MILLIONS?

edit on 8-3-2013 by Gullibleskeptic because: grammer

edit on 8-3-2013 by Gullibleskeptic because: grammer

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to put that level of detail into the OP, I am sure their are people that will find it useful. (not meant in a sarcastic manner)

The thing I would like to see someone do is come to the ED\ER of the hospital I work in and treat the next patient that has sepsis with essential oils. Just make sure you have a good explanation for the family when that patient doesn't make it.

If you want to say that essential oils can be viable for mundane things like a tooth ache or a cut or a headache, I'm not going to argue that. If you want to try and convince anyone that using essential oils in an emergent situation is the way to go then you are setting people up to suffer.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
reply to post by alfa1

Here's a great test:

Go infect yourself with the superbug.

Lemmie know if you decide the amputation, the toxic chemicals, or the thieves oil.

Would love to hear what works best for you. Thanks!
I was with you tell this post, how childish, all the research and what seemed like intellect and a statement like this...................disappointing and sad.

To stay on post I will research and try some myself, I know people that belive in Essential oils quit a bit and like anything else now a days it will work for some and not for others.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor. That being said:

When I was sick with an intestinal bug (viral/bacterial), I went to the cupboard and took out my trusty plastic container of sodium-bicarbonate (baking soda), and measured out a quarter teaspoon (measuring spoon), and put it in a 8 once glass of (spring) water. I drank that down and in less than two days it was gone. Within a half hour of taking it I felt fine, no nausea, vomiting, etc. I took it every four hours for a week.

I do this for all kinds of illness and it works every single time. why ? I will tell you why. Sodium-bicarbonate (baking soda) is a detoxifier. It leeches out toxins from the blood and body tissues, such as lactic acid and the waste material of bacteria and viruses which are acid in nature. So, while your body is healing itself it doesn't have to leech the sodium-bicarbonate from your bones to get the job done.

I also use it therapeutically as a preventative, taking it every three days as a boost to my body's defenses and well being. A high acid content in your body hurts the body. A somewhat low acid content helps it.

IMPORTANT !! Since sodium-bicarbonate cancels out acid, you cannot consume acid food (such as vinegar) at the time you take it or it will not do anything. Also, it will make carbon dioxide gas and will expand in your stomach and could hurt you. make sure when you use it to wait at least 30 minutes on either side when using sodium-bicarbonate (baking soda) to detoxify your body of bacterial and virus waste product.

The bacteria and virus use their own waste product to weaken your body so they can have time to reproduce and spread. They don't do so well in a low acid environment. And lastly, since it isn't sodium-chloride (salt) it won't raise your blood pressure.

I wish you well.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Olive Oil, Black Seed Oil, Fish Oil, Black Pepper, Garlic, Ginger, Cinnamon Tea, Hemp & Mr Erb, Liposomal Vitamin C, Organic Fruit, Fresh Air, Country Side, Interacting with real people, Happy people, having positive people and things in your life, listening to good music, laughing and crying.

The above is what keeps me mostly sane, god willing.

The truth my friends is that we were never destined to live forever in our physical form, we all turn to dust eventually. Nature is starting to fight back and readdress the balance, whether it does this through a virus or two or pulls an asteroid into the Earth's surface to create a cataclysmic event, the results are the same, we are culled.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join