It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequester Has Been Added to the U.S. Debt Clock : Our Deficit is Falling !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Our Federal Government has In Come & Out Go.

Income is projected to skyrocket to $2.7 Trillion.

Add the sequester spending reductions and suddenly the USA appears to be financially
responsible. The deficit number is falling at www.usdebtclock.org.

U.S. Debt Clock runs more stable with FireFox Browser.

U.S. Debt Clock - Run on FireFox Browser

This chart shows reductions in spending over MANY years.

I can already here our children who we are stealing money from.

THANK YOU !
edit on 7-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
'...make it hurt...' potus -
suggestion to potus - give up yer golf and vacations - really get to know yer family.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

You do realize a deficit is in the negative, correct?

Look at the numbers carefully. Our debt to GDP ratio is still growing.

These cuts are minimal. The sequester counts for a mere 2.4% of the spending.

It's a joke.

If I'm reading that chart correctly, the cuts ammount to less than 1.1 trillion over a 9 year period. That doesn't even put a dent in the deficit.
edit on 7-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom

You do realize a deficit is in the negative, correct?

Look at the numbers carefully. Our debt to GDP ratio is still growing.

These cuts are minimal. The sequester counts for a mere 2.4% of the spending.

It's a joke.

If I'm reading that chart correctly, the cuts ammount to less than 1.1 trillion over a 9 year period. That doesn't even put a dent in the deficit.
edit on 7-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

No, we have a NEW trend.

The deficit number is falling not rising! I'll take it!

We needed to reduce spending. Thank God for the sequester!

Thanks to Bill O'reilly yelling at Alan Colmes now everybody is aware that we are near

a $17 Trillion national debt.

I am looking forward to seeing a Sequester 2.0 on that U.S. Debt Clock!

Lets get the National Deficit under $900 Billion and wave goodbye to the financially

irresponsible $$$ Trillion deficits!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
'...make it hurt...' potus -
suggestion to potus - give up yer golf and vacations - really get to know yer family.

Yes, no more vacations to Hawaii. Hop down to Florida and reduce spending.

Play golf with Tiger Woods and send the kids to Disneyworld.

Cut the fat not the muscle.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ask Bernanke and Treasury to do something about 1 Trillion Dollars a year flowing at the rate of 85 Billion per month (40 on Q-E 3 and 45 on Operation Twist) since just September...and I'll at least entertain the idea that the Government is starting to thinking in terms of fiscal responsibility on any level.

See the Treasury drop ALL demands of taking debt control away from Congress, as set out by the Constitution, and I'll buy that the Executive Branch cares about fiscal responsibility.

You know what would mean the most though? It sure isn't the penalty phase of something no one actually wanted to see happen like Sequestration. It's simply passing a budget. ANY budget. Just some budget passed for the United States Government to follow and stay within. I'm not picky....but it's moving into 5 years now we haven't seen a budget of any formal kind.

Until a budget is written and passed, as has happened in most of the other 200+ years of our nation's history, I don't buy that this Government cares one hoot about fiscal responsibility. Nice thoughts though!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Congratulations. You must all be very proud

How many thousands of years til its paid off again?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe it's just me but it sure looks good seeing that deficit number....falling...

It appears that our responsibilities have sobered us.

Reduce spending.

The Armageddon Narrative failed miserably.

CBS News caught Obama in another lie. Janitors at the capitol building will not get a

pay cut. All they had to do was pick up the phone.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Severin

Congratulations. You must all be very proud

How many thousands of years til its paid off again?

Look at it this way. We had to start somewhere.

We started at the sequester. That number is falling.

Obama is guilty of crying wolf and everybody knows it.

Note to White House: Stop threatening Bob Woodward

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That's the whole problem. I don't see any deficit dropping. Not even a little bit...namely because I've yet to see a deficit figure that properly accounts for things like that 85 billion a month. Going by projections still carried in Government as of December, the deficit BEFORE that was going to be around 1 trillion dollars for fiscal 2013. That's just an estimate, since again, no budget means no lines to stay within either.

Given the "easing" that Bernanke was just, last week, defending on Capital Hill as needed for an indefinite period, it puts the 2013 fiscal shortfall closer to 2 TRILLION dollars. The highest in history, by a long shot and second only to THIS President's other record setting deficit of 1.5 trillion last term. ( By comparison, Bush's worst year, wars included, came a hair over 500 billion...but they had budgets in advance back then too)

I love your optimism, I really do....but the fact is, nothing is really dropping because we don't even see a real balance sheet with all the numbers represented. I don't know that we ever will at this rate. That's where the budget becomes critically important. We're all guessing with half a bucket of facts without one.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What is truly sad is your lack of understanding in what you are seeing.

The only thing sadder than that, is that many other people will view this as you have.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

That's the whole problem. I don't see any deficit dropping. Not even a little bit...namely because I've yet to see a deficit figure that properly accounts for things like that 85 billion a month. Going by projections still carried in Government as of December, the deficit BEFORE that was going to be around 1 trillion dollars for fiscal 2013. That's just an estimate, since again, no budget means no lines to stay within either.

Given the "easing" that Bernanke was just, last week, defending on Capital Hill as needed for an indefinite period, it puts the 2013 fiscal shortfall closer to 2 TRILLION dollars. The highest in history, by a long shot and second only to THIS President's other record setting deficit of 1.5 trillion last term. ( By comparison, Bush's worst year, wars included, came a hair over 500 billion...but they had budgets in advance back then too)

I love your optimism, I really do....but the fact is, nothing is really dropping because we don't even see a real balance sheet with all the numbers represented. I don't know that we ever will at this rate. That's where the budget becomes critically important. We're all guessing with half a bucket of facts without one.

Look at it this way: Federal Government ...........In Come & Out Go

Out Go has been reduced by the Sequester.

Income is projected to skyrocket to $2.7 Trillion. That's a record.
BTW, have you noticed the stock market lately? 14,300 and rising!
Another - unexpected revenue stream could arrive at the IRS.
It's called Capital Gains Tax.

That deficit number at U.S. Debt Clock could very easily start falling even FASTER !

Also, the real estate market has recovered. NEW HOMES are selling FAST !

Corporate profits are strong!

Apple is selling iPhone 5s and iPad Minis like crazy!

America is doing well in spite of Obama not because of Obama.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

What is truly sad is your lack of understanding in what you are seeing.

The only thing sadder than that, is that many other people will view this as you have.

The trend is our friend.

Current trend: The deficit is falling.

Keep it simple: Federal Government ----- Out Go......In Come ------

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
Add the sequester spending reductions and suddenly the USA appears to be financially
responsible.

Great, so instead of going into a further 1.8 Trillion dollar debt this year, you'll only go into a further 1.79 Trillion dollar debt this year?

Actually..lets see the numbers.
The debt clock page shows the Federal Budget Defecit going down (by my estimate) by about $175000 per minute.
By my calculations, that means you'll have a balanced budget in about 11.3 years from now.

But of course, as each of those years go by the debt owed is still increasing. You'll be up to 20-something trillion owing.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The DJ index was also at a record high in 2007 right before the bubble burst, sending us into the worst recession since the depression.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The stock market is not an indicator of the state of the economy. Look at the DOW to GOLD ratio.

The real estate market is another issue. We still have yet to pop the corporate real estate bubble, and it will dwarf the residential real estate bubble of 7 years ago.

Then you have the student loan crisis.

Seriously, you're in lala land here.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
responsible.

Great, so instead of going into a further 1.8 Trillion dollar debt this year, you'll only go into a further 1.79 Trillion dollar debt this year?

Actually..lets see the numbers.
The debt clock page shows the Federal Budget Defecit going down (by my estimate) by about $175000 per minute.
By my calculations, that means you'll have a balanced budget in about 11.3 years from now.

But of course, as each of those years go by the debt owed is still increasing. You'll be up to 20-something trillion owing.

Your reasoning is suffering from : Ceteris Paribus Fallacy

You're assuming all things remain constant.

They won't. Eventually the retirement age will be raised for Social Security.

DOD spending fall even further.

I can already see something else. It's called Sequester 2.0.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom

The stock market is not an indicator of the state of the economy. Look at the DOW to GOLD ratio.

The real estate market is another issue. We still have yet to pop the corporate real estate bubble, and it will dwarf the residential real estate bubble of 7 years ago.

Then you have the student loan crisis.

Seriously, you're in lala land here.

I can already see the - unexpected - Capital Gains Tax checks arriving at the IRS.

Real Estate Truth: Go to Zillow .com

New Homes are selling as soon as they are built.

Our carpenters , plumbers and electricians are back to work. I think they pay taxes.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

The DJ index was also at a record high in 2007 right before the bubble burst, sending us into the worst recession since the depression.

No bubble this time. Only Full Doc loans are being approved this time!

This real estate boom is for real this time.

Corporate profits are for real. The stock market is where it should be.

The Private Sector is saving us. The Federal Government has been placed in -- neutral --.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I can already see the - unexpected - Capital Gains Tax checks arriving at the IRS.

Real Estate Truth: Go to Zillow .com

New Homes are selling as soon as they are built.

Our carpenters , plumbers and electricians are back to work. I think they pay taxes.

This is not the commercial real estate that the other poster referenced.

Also, 22 million + unemployed! I think the tax base is decreasing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join