It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't laugh, you might get fined or go to jail? New York Man Summoned to Court for Laughing Too Lo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Our country really is back asswards. Can't he use his disorder to make it a viable excuse for his actions? People get off murder for pleading insanity, why not for laughing in public. Wow, just typing that is weird

It can't get any more ridiculous than getting in trouble for being happy.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Why then I wouldn't be able to call the cops to tell them to shut the hell up, remember it's America. I've probably gotten a fine or two given to someone.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LockNLoad

If it was 5 in the evening then I'd just sue for damages, I'm sure he has a case and now clearly a following to back him. If it was after 10 though it's a different story but if it was 5 then I agree laugh it up.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What's the charge, disturbing the peace?
If he is convicted of this and/or has to pay a fine the officer and judge should be investigated.
I would hope any half-decent lawyer can make the officer who though this was grounds for a ticket look like a fool.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Doing ANYTHING too loud is not good for neighbours, whether it's shouting, screaming, screwing or laughing.

The fact that it's laughing makes no difference at all, and it's just been used as a misleading title in the media.

none story.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
Man Summoned to Court for Laughing

No, he wasnt summoned for laughing, he was summoned for disturbing the peace. It even says that in the article.

Any noise will do that if done for too long. Doesnt matter if it is playing the drums, clapping, singing, laughing, chanting or yodelling.

[Schiavelli says] ...he uses laughter as a defense mechanism.

Note here that he wasnt laughing at something funny.
It was intentional.
Putting it on,
forcing it,
deliberately performing it.

And he didnt have to open up the window and do that either.

I sympathise with the neighbours.

i didn't know people actually NEEDED an explanation to open the window or for having a window of once OWN home.

the intentional laughing? .... better than turning to violence for a solution.
the way he handled such situation for BEING MOCKED about his impairment showed he was the bigger person. i mean, what disgusting being would do such disgusting thing as to mock such person?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Looks like it's time to get the fed's to start cracking down on comedy clubs then. God forbid we peasants laugh from time to time.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

What say you?

The world has become a sad place.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziplock9000

Doing ANYTHING too loud is not good for neighbours, whether it's shouting, screaming, screwing or laughing.

The fact that it's laughing makes no difference at all, and it's just been used as a misleading title in the media.

none story.

You crack me up.....

5PM and the mentally impaired guy is getting mocked and made fun of by neighbors, so this guy laughs to get them to leave him alone.....

So yeah there is a story here.......

Misleading title? So a man that laughs loudly to get people to stop mocking and making fun of him, gets a ticket for disturbing the peace at 5PM?

Yeah you are right, this mentally impaired guy should not laugh loudly to make people leave him alone.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join