It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't laugh, you might get fined or go to jail? New York Man Summoned to Court for Laughing Too Lo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

So lets take an inventory.

Its illegal to cross the street: Officer Apprehends a Perpetrator. The Charge Is Jaywalking.

You cant eat what you want: Nyc Soda Ban.

You are subject to illegal search and seizure anytime anyplace for any reason: NYPD Stop-And-Frisk Policy Challenged In Court By 'The Wire' Actor.

They've stripped you of the ability to protect yourself: NY State Senate OKs Gun Ban, No Grandfather Clause.

And now you can't laugh...

Not to be overly dramatic, but Nazi Germany comes to mind.

Whats ironic, its all being done by a Jewish Mayor...

edit on 8-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Seems like the guy was charged with disturbing the peace, not for having an amused moment. He was clearly deliberately making a noise to disrupt the neighbourhood.

As an aside, this "mental impairment" issue is becoming an over-used cop out to get away with wrong-doing. Being "bi-polar" is the "get out of jail free card" people use in the area I live. Their shop-lifting, burglary, acts of violence, drug dealing, vandalism, wife-beating is down to the "fact" that they're "bi-polar" - ie not their fault!

Bring back the Victorian Asylums and frontal lobotomies, I say!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
You know what I would of done stuck a banana peel up their cars exhaust pipes in the middle of the night! and put bicarbonate of soda in their cars fuel tank
and watched the mayhem unfold the next morning

I'd be laughing like:

edit on 8/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

NY is starting to disgust me......

I am seriously considering a new home state for my family.....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
He should can and sell that unique laugh.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

NY is starting to disgust me......

I am seriously considering a new home state for my family.....

Come move to Australia it's like a nicer version of the U.S.A

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

What time did this occur? Because I'll tell you what, I work every morning and could it be a possibility this was late at night and it wasn't a person mocking him? Just someone trying to get some god damned sleep? No couldn't have been that... Ever called the police because the neighbors dog is barking for an hour at 1 am?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Yeah without many of the freedoms ENJOY!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I can absolutely understand the mans mindset but I'm shocked at the lack of definition in these videos. Meaning I never once heard "the incident occurred at" or "The man was laughing for (however many) minutes". Does he deserve the ticket no, but that doesn't mean the neighbors deserve to hear him laugh... welcome to America.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

What time did this occur? Because I'll tell you what, I work every morning and could it be a possibility this was late at night and it wasn't a person mocking him? Just someone trying to get some god damned sleep? No couldn't have been that... Ever called the police because the neighbors dog is barking for an hour at 1 am?

Actually no.......Buy a house away from neighbors if that stuff irritates you, don't take the chance!

I don't have close neighbors, BY CHOICE, because I dislike most neighbors......Especially when you don't meet the neighbors before buying a house.....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Seriously people, if you live in New York, it's time to move...

These liberals are out of their minds.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
And an elderly woman was hauled off a bus to jail (could have been a subway car tho) for "singing" without a permit.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This issue isn't apparently about disturbing the peace, its a bout a light filled man who laughs off being abused by his neighbor. Imagine a bully having his victim arrested for laughing, though of course they call it something else. They can rename any situation and use anything to arrest law abiding citizens. But they can only do it, because we let them. They need permissions to do these things. We have to be the active grass roots level of government ourselves. And stop giving those permissions.

I don't even believe in Karma, but the karma involved in this is really going to hit hard.

We have a police force that serves the bullies.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If they start testing laughing gas-based chemical weapons, will people be arrested en masse?

Also, the whole incident was so ridiculous and laughable that it will probably make people laugh... that leads to a vicious circle...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In context he was laughing at his neighbor, and he looks like he is the kind of guy who would laugh after he punched you in the nose.

This is a bad news article saying "just" for laughing, the kind some reporter gets from the police news, and they have nothing else to do that day. Very bad reporting when they refer to their subject as an idiot on TV.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
Man Summoned to Court for Laughing

No, he wasnt summoned for laughing, he was summoned for disturbing the peace. It even says that in the article.

Any noise will do that if done for too long. Doesnt matter if it is playing the drums, clapping, singing, laughing, chanting or yodelling.

[Schiavelli says] ...he uses laughter as a defense mechanism.

Note here that he wasnt laughing at something funny.
It was intentional.
Putting it on,
forcing it,
deliberately performing it.

And he didnt have to open up the window and do that either.

I sympathise with the neighbours.

I certainly can't say that I sympathize with people who would mock, and ridicule their neighbor. If however the man decided to create a disturbance as a defense mechanism then he has to be responsible for his actions as well. Now if his neighbors were yelling at his window from the streets then I would say they should be charged as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And next is burning at the stake?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And, next, burning at the stake?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

In the video if you look carefully you can see the citations, and the time appears to be around 5:00pm. Neighbor, cop, and judge are douche-bags, how is prolonged laughter at 5 in the evening any different or more disturbing of the peace then a lawn mower, leaf blower, or children out playing and laughing at 5 in the evening???

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's a symptom of something else.

That's my gut feeling.

When the solutions to problem are hte wrong ones you'll often get tehse strange results: symptoms. This is a very complex world. There're many manifestations of this phenomenon.

But yo ucan hardly blame. Damn world is a mind ****.

It's like watching an ant hill getting flooded by a rare high tide. They're oblivious. Only because the ants that're not near the water survive and repeat that pattern do they survive.

We prize our intelligence but we suffer from the same kind of things. Doesn't matter that we have X brain cells. The phenomenon persists because we do not know all things.
edit on 8-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join