It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation with A Christian, and Other Thoughts.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by budski

Yeah, and which political party would that be that's promoting selfishness?

All of them.

I'm amazed you can't see that all the political parties are basically the same.
Lots of rhetoric, but nothing ever changes.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

No, I see it too. Worse yet, in America they've proven that they are incompetent too. It keeps costing us more money every year to accomplish nothing.

Moving on to religion. There's no doubt that the people at the top do all the same things that top level government does.

Moving on to Christian hypocrisy. I don't think you can judge a Christian by whether or not they support a welfare state based on my first sentence. As for me personally, I don't help organizations or individuals that I don't think can be trusted. And yes, I think it should be left up to me to decide who's trustworthy and deserving because I know my government isn't going to nor is even capable of it.

Let me ask you a personal question. Who do you rely on most when you're in a bind or need something?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by budski

No, I see it too. Worse yet, in America they've proven that they are incompetent too. It keeps costing us more money every year to accomplish nothing.

Moving on to religion. There's no doubt that the people at the top do all the same things that top level government does.

Moving on to Christian hypocrisy. I don't think you can judge a Christian by whether or not they support a welfare state based on my first sentence. As for me personally, I don't help organizations or individuals that I don't think can be trusted. And yes, I think it should be left up to me to decide who's trustworthy and deserving because I know my government isn't going to nor is even capable of it.

Let me ask you a personal question. Who do you rely on most when you're in a bind or need something?

The problem as I see it is that the greed at the top works its way down, and it doesn't help that they use religion as a tool, and stupid people believe them, either because they want to or because they actually are stupid enough to believe what large institutions tell them.

As discussed a few pages ago, help comes in many forms, and in this sense I would compare the message that hasn't been corrupted to humanism.
I forget who said it, but it goes something like: "You can tell how advanced a civilization is by the way it treats its weakest members".

To answer your personal question, I am self sufficient although I did have to live on medical insurance for a while.
These days though, I think I give more than I take, because I am self employed so I can manage my time how I want to.
I give my time, my energy and my skills to different organisations. Mainly I give that time and help to a local Arts Centre (bands, theatre etc) because I think it gives pleasure to people and I think art/culture is important, I give to a local drug programme by helping in the office (but my failing is that I can't help addicts on a face to face basis), I help a local animal welfare charity (because I like animals) and I help in a local support group for people with depression( because when I was on medical I suffered from depression).
edit on 9/3/2013 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Text Blue The intention of Christianity was: to change everything. Result: The Christianity of "Christendom" is: everything, literally everything, remained as it had been, with just the difference that to everything was affixed the attribute " Christian". (Kierke-Gaard)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join