It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation with A Christian, and Other Thoughts.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Blimey, it's like trying to explain colour to a blind man.

I see where you're coming from.
You've taken umbrage because you think your belief system is being attacked, but again you've missed the point entirely.

No belief system is being attacked: it's the way people who profess to have those beliefs but don't practice what they preach which is being attacked, amongst other points, which again you have completely failed to grasp.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

But you never told us what "C's" view was!

All I can gather is that you think he's a hypocrite because he doesn't believe in social welfare.

As far as we know, because you've never answered my previous questions, "C" doesn't have any more money to give because he's tapped out after paying the government.

So, what's the scoop? Is he rich? Does he choose not to help anyone? Does he just choose not to help you specifically? Which is it?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Read back through the thread.
There is more to helping people than social welfare, and social welfare was just one example of helping others which you appear to have fixated on rather than trying to understand the bigger picture.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I get it now, after all of the U2U's that you sent me. You made the whole story up and that's why you can't answer specifics. You're a troll.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Observationalist

Some people do not stick to their own rules.

You seem more intent on attacking the content of the thread than you are in discussing the premise.

I wonder why...

So do you get to be the one to make sure they do?
How do we know your sticking to your rules?

Im attacking your belief system, its not much fun is it.
As for the premise, I addressed it in my first line of my first reply.

We all twist the rules to justify our actions.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by budski

You seem more intent on attacking the content of the thread than you are in discussing the premise.

I wonder why...

I simply don't care if people attack my belief system.
It makes not a jot of difference to what I believe.

And no, we don't all twist the rules to justify actions - only hypocrites do, and generally speaking they are the first to attack others, probably because of subconscious guilt.
edit on 8/3/2013 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

And no, we don't all twist the rules to justify actions - only hypocrites do...

No, you just lie instead. What makes a liar any better than a hypocrite? Do you mind if I ask?

And you wonder why Christians don't want to help every poor person that comes along when people like you continually lie to them.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by budski

I wonder why...

I simply don't care if people attack my belief system.
It makes not a jot of difference to what I believe.

And no, we don't all twist the rules to justify actions - only hypocrites do, and generally speaking they are the first to attack others, probably because of subconscious guilt.
edit on 8/3/2013 by budski because: (no reason given)

My reason for jumping into this is because I do not like those who target the week in order to make themselves strong. You set up a paper target. In doing so you expose your weekness in your beliefs.

Its sad that people need to make things up to prove to themselves that they are better than most.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

All Budski did was reinforce why Christians don't willingly want to give any more.

He tried to gain sympathy by being deceitful.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Like I said, I really couldn't care less what other people think.

You and the other fella are the ones crying and whining, and it doesn't matter how you dress it up, a hypocrite is a hypocrite, and as I said in the OP, that applies to every faith, it's just that in this case the conversation happened to be with a hypocritical christian.
If it had been a hypocritical muslim I would have said the same, but all the muslims I know actually practice what they preach, rather than trying to twist their religion to suit their own needs as you and others do, which you already admitted to.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

All Budski did was reinforce why Christians don't willingly want to give any more.

He tried to gain sympathy by being deceitful.

It's a huge part of the religion, so anyone who doesn't "willingly" follow it is in fact guilty of the very same thing the OP was.

At no point have I been deceitful, the fact that you can't get your own way is the issue, and that's why you keep throwing your toys out of the pram.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

We really could care less what you think at this point, as you are now a known liar.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Known?

Proof please.

Straight from the dubya book of tactics that one is, shout it loud and often enough and you think people will believe you.
I'm actually laughing out loud because your attempt to discredit a thread you don't like is so pathetic.

Yet another christian hypocrite

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

You discredited your own thread when you didn't answer one single question that people directed to you regarding your conversation with "C". Or do I need to point out to everyone that you personally told me in a U2U not to take what I read in the OP literally.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I didn't say don't take it literally, I said look beyond the literal.

Let's have a look at the timeline here shall we?

Thread posted, the poster abusing me immediately starts shouting for more info.

I repeatedly tell him all the info needed is in the OP, but he uses it as an excuse to try and derail the thread.

He posts personal insults, and when he fails to goad me into a response, posts more personal insults that I am a liar, instead of trying to address the issues.
He then accuses me of derailing my own thread because it has gone in a direction he doesn't like.
He then tries to gang up with another hypocritical so-called christian to repeat accusations that have no basis in fact.

It's funny how throughout the thread, real christians who practice what they preach have agreed with me.

The only 2 dissenting voices seem to be a pair of posters, one of whom readily admits that he twists his beliefs to justify his actions, and the other one who has been caught in his hypocrisy, and can't handle it, so resorts to ad hominem attacks, which is "very christian" of him.

It would be funny if it weren't so pitiful, that they actually think I care about what they say.
It's known as judging others by their own standards: You know, when the biggest lairs are the first to shout liar etc.

There have been repeated accusations of trolling and derailing, and I have said to report the thread. The fact that there has been no censure speaks volumes.

edit on 9/3/2013 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

You think you're posting something new by stating that people don't practice what they preach?

The premise of your thread was supposedly based on a real conversation that was supposed to involve the connection between political affiliations and Christianity, in which you didn't address the questions about either!

The problem is that you came up with a fake circumstance and tried to push it off as real.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
there is no incompatability with following Christ and following a particular political route/party

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
there is no incompatability with following Christ and following a particular political route/party

Yes there is.

There are many problems, particularly when selfishness is promoted as being a good thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah, and which political party would that be that's promoting selfishness?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by budski

You think you're posting something new by stating that people don't practice what they preach?

The premise of your thread was supposedly based on a real conversation that was supposed to involve the connection between political affiliations and Christianity, in which you didn't address the questions about either!

The problem is that you came up with a fake circumstance and tried to push it off as real.

Try to stop trolling the thread and actually contribute something or go elsewhere.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join