It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation with A Christian, and Other Thoughts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Do you hold the "hippy love" view of Jesus Christ or do you uphold His real Image?

Do you mean the "hippy" Jesus who didn't cut his hair, didn't have a job, lived off the "handouts" of generous individuals, hung out with prostitutes and thieves and was killed for sedition?

What is his "real" image?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

For the money that is spent on the military in one week alone, the world could be fed. Make it a year, and the world could be housed, fed and clothed.

Let me get this straight. You want to gripe about how our government spends it's money when in comes to the military, but then you say it shouldn't be up to us but left to them as to how the money gets distributed when it comes to welfare?!

You keep contradicting yourself and you don't even realize it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

It might be the sweatshop workers who make you nice shiny nikes for a pittance a day.

It might be the oppressed people whose oil we plunder so that we can have relatively cheap power, and fuel for the cars that are coveted.

So, we should all assume that everything you own is made in America and that you ride your bicycle everywhere you go. Correct?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Do you hold the "hippy love" view of Jesus Christ or do you uphold His real Image?

Do you mean the "hippy" Jesus who didn't cut his hair, didn't have a job, lived off the "handouts" of generous individuals, hung out with prostitutes and thieves and was killed for sedition?

What is his "real" image?

Why don't you ask Him? Perhaps you'd find out that He is the King and High Priest of Israel, the Word made Flesh and God Our Saviour and Our Righteousness come to save sinners from most certain death by suffering at the hands of wicked men who wanted, and still do want, to be "god" themselves? That is Our Living God who reigns today from His Throne, judging and pouring out both His wrath and mercy upon a world gone insane because they still insist that 1) man knows better 2) that man can do better and 3) that man will somehow save himself.

The hippy Jesus is none of those things but rather an effeminate man who didn't really mean anything that He did say, that wouldn't dare hold each of us accountable for our deeds and words and that preaches peace and prosperity to a world which would rather listen to the false prophets instead of words which condemn and convict them into repentance.

Does that clarify?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Any inference you make is entirely yours.

Did I say I am american?
No.

Nor did I say how money should be spent, I merely pointed out how it is spent and pointed out alternatives.

I can see that the programming has done a good job on you though.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Are you trying to tell us you talk to god?

Pics or it didn't happen...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why don't you ask Him? Perhaps you'd find out that He is the King and High Priest of Israel, the Word made Flesh and God Our Saviour and Our Righteousness come to save sinners from most certain death by suffering at the hands of wicked men who wanted, and still do want, to be "god" themselves? That is Our Living God who reigns today from His Throne, judging and pouring out both His wrath and mercy upon a world gone insane because they still insist that 1) man knows better 2) that man can do better and 3) that man will somehow save himself.

The only Jesus that I know of the one presented in the Bible, who wore long hair, didn't have a job, lived off the generosity of others, hung out with questionable people, incited youth to rebel against their elders, and was killed for sedition.

Also, I don't know why you think that he's "judging and pouring out both His wrath and mercy upon a world gone insane" when he said this:

JOHN 18|036` Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

This Psalm also comes to mind:

How long will you judge unjustly, And show partiality to the wicked? Selah
3 Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked.
5 They do not know, nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are unstable.
6 I said, “You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High.

edit on 7-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Nor did I say how money should be spent, I merely pointed out how it is spent and pointed out alternatives.

People only point out alternatives when they have a problem with the area in which they are drawing their alternative from.

I can see that the programming has done a good job on you though.

I see you've mastered doublespeak.

What a pointless thread.

You can't even defend yourself.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I see that you still fail to see or debate the points in question, preferring strawmen and spurious nonsense rather than addressing issues raised.

It's to be expected when people are caught in the web of their own hypocrisy.

The fact that you are challenging statements I have never made speaks volumes.

I did not mention solutions or problems, I merely stated facts.
If you have a problem dealing with those facts, it is your issue, not mine.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

What's there to debate? You never answered my original question and you had nothing to say about my comments regarding why programs should be evaluated in the first place.

For that matter, you haven't answered anyone's questions. You just keep talking doublespeak. You don't want a conversation, you just want to keep reposting your opinions that you haven't even backed up with facts.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've answered every question put to me.

The fact that you didn't like the answers is irrelevant.

Christians who do not support social welfare programmes are hypocrites is the basic premise, because based on the teachings of Jesus this is something they should not only support, they shouldn't even need asking or telling.

I really can't make it any clearer for you, and words of one syllable would not suffice.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You never once told us what you know about the person you "claim" you had a conversation with.

You never once told us your personal living conditions and what you do with your money and how you contribute that keeps you from being a hypocrite yourself.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I also never claimed to be a christian, and if I'm not, that wouldn't make me a hypocrite.
I stated that I was born into the RCC, that doesn't mean I still belong, despite what they say.

The identity of the person I spoke to is irrelevant, the attitude of the person is what's important here.

You should try reading more carefully.

edit on 7/3/2013 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Quit talking in circles.

I never asked for the identity of the person you spoke to. I asked you to tell us why you think he's a hypocrite since you don't even know who he supports and why.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
As far as I can tell the sole point of this post is to try to correlate someone being a Christian and being against having their taxes raised and distributed by the government. Complete nonsense.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I have not one but three or four christian friends (as for me I'm absolute-atheist, meaning I believe in nothing, including philosophies). None of them holds opinion matching those which your christian friend had. Two of my christian friends are even physicists. One is both preacher and mathematician/physicist. Christian did evolved.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Talking in circles?
Hardly.

All the information you need is in the OP.

Try reading it properly and use some logical thinking.
It's really not that hard.

You have done nothing but make assumptions, when the point is in front of you in clear english.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by budski

I have not one but three or four christian friends (as for me I'm absolute-atheist, meaning I believe in nothing, including philosophies). None of them holds opinion matching those which your christian friend had. Two of my christian friends are even physicists. One is both preacher and mathematician/physicist. Christian did evolved.

I completely agree, and I have some christian friends who conform to the way of thinking in the OP, and many others who don't.
I tend to find that the ones who go about their faith in a quiet, almost private manner are lovely people and I respect this and their faith, and have had wonderful conversations with them.

It's usually (in my experience) the ones who shout loudest who are the biggest hypocrites.

Can we say that some christians have evolved, whilst others are stuck in dogma?
edit on 7/3/2013 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
As far as I can tell the sole point of this post is to try to correlate someone being a Christian and being against having their taxes raised and distributed by the government. Complete nonsense.

Then you would be incorrect.

The level of reading comprehension has really gone downhill here over the last few years.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Try answering a question for just once.

I think it's obvious at this point in time from all of the evasion, that you have absolutely no idea what the person you had the conversation with supports.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join