It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Much Salt May Trigger Autoimmune Diseases

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I used unrefined sea salt.. I think most peeps know by now that salt is not good for you in large amounts..

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Think about that next time you are constipated,

Not to get too personal but ... with sjogrens (with polyneuropathy) the intestines don't want to work properly .. sugar or no sugar. I eat yogurt which has a bit of sugar in it. But I have to avoid sugar in general because it is a trigger for the autoimmune diseases. Even a little sugar could cause an autoimmune cascade. Not only that, but sugar feeds thrush and I have a very hard time with anti-fungals so I''m deathly afraid of having thrush .. so no sugar for me except what is in the yogurt.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Does the Yogurt you eat contain Carrageenan? I have been doing some research on that additive. I see that it can cause the destruction of macrophages under certain conditions. This can be bad for immunity but can possibly help to stem autoimmunity. I think they put it into food to keep us from immediately having a histamine reaction to foods we are sensitive to though. This way you can eat their product and won't know you shouldn't. I don't know what the long term implications of this are though, it has not been tested by the FDA as far as I can tell. I got my information from a European study so it doesn't apply to Americans

Here is where I don't know from the many articles of evidence that I have read whether it is better or worse for those with autoimmune. Over-consumption may , and I say may, in some people make them more susceptible to viruses and bacterial infections, not to mention bacterial overgrowth. The cost of another stabilizer to keep things from separating might be a better idea. The milk industry is now trying to talk the FDA into letting them put Carrageenan in milk without listing it. This will inappropriately stop peoples allergy to the antigens in milk by weakening people's immune system. I am thinking it could also cause us to have more severe reactions to lactose as it allows us to eat more lactose than we can adequately process and may bring up the acidity of the blood. I'm sure the doctors will not complain about this. I don't think we were meant to eat red seaweed myself.

I, and some other people, may be overthinking this a bit, after all the problem with carrageenan doesn't occur much unless it is in a high acid condition. We do not any high acid in our digestive system do we?

edit on 8-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by rickymouse
Think about that next time you are constipated,

Not to get too personal but ... with sjogrens (with polyneuropathy) the intestines don't want to work properly .. sugar or no sugar. I eat yogurt which has a bit of sugar in it. But I have to avoid sugar in general because it is a trigger for the autoimmune diseases. Even a little sugar could cause an autoimmune cascade. Not only that, but sugar feeds thrush and I have a very hard time with anti-fungals so I''m deathly afraid of having thrush .. so no sugar for me except what is in the yogurt.

Lime juice in hot water with...SALT. That gets me going every time, lol. (That is if I skimp on fruits and veggies)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join