It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant ancient camel remains discovered in Canadian Arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted but here it is. This is rather interesting as all along, there were mammoth remains being discovered but a camel is a first (atleast for me).

The remarkable discovery, announced Tuesday, shows the humped creatures lived in forests that extended as far north as Ellesmere Island 3.5 million years ago during a global warm spell that the scientists say holds important lessons for the modern world.
SOURCE

MODS Please close the thread if duplicate.
edit on 7-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, I guess maybe my avatar does look like a camel carving a little. I didn't think camels would be up this far north. S&F for finding this.
edit on 7-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

When i read that yesterday, i found it interesting, a total climate change. From being an arctic dwellers to desert dweller, i guess other than temperature change, result of the harshness still there, low food, shelters etc.

btw.. are you Canadian? i swear some of the stuff yo post i see it on my local newspaper!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by hp1229

When i read that yesterday, i found it interesting, a total climate change. From being an arctic dwellers to desert dweller, i guess other than temperature change, result of the harshness still there, low food, shelters etc.
btw.. are you Canadian? i swear some of the stuff yo post i see it on my local newspaper!
It shows the changing times of earth's history. Camels are good survivors of dry conditions.
No. I'm your neighbor from down south
Good ole US of A

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by hp1229

There is similar thread here - m.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

top topics

join