It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Items of intrest at Palmdale..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Whilst I was looking on Google maps at the UCAV's mentioned in a previous post I found a few interesting items which appear to have been discarded in the Palmdale desert...If you look at: 34.619247,-118.108821 you will find an object which looks like a half buried early stealth design...i.e faceted...!

At 34.617965,-118.105621 you will find what looks like a wing or tailplane....from what??

At 34.619461,-118.106664 we have a collection of objects...maybe packing crates and a jig or two but it is the shapes that are interesting....and finally at 34.619722,-118.119111 we have what looks like a jig or staging for something which was X-33 Venture Star shaped....anybody agree with my take on this...??

I know this is not some great new stealth Aircraft spotted thread but it is intresting to see what they are throwing away at the Palmdale site.

Sv...out!!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
There is also the SCA, a NASA DC-8, the SOFIA telescope, and the first two retired 787s sitting there. Even the stuff that's still operational is rather interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I don't suppose you can post a few screen shots. . I've looked but can't really see anything. Also while I was google earthing Area 51 to the south west (I think) of groom lake there is a single air strip with a few hangers in the middle of no where sorry to derail the thread slightly ill see if I can post co-ordinance

Edit: hmm can't seem to get to co-ordinate a off my phone but if you go to groom lake, to the south there is another white patch of desert and then slightly to the SW of that is another patch of white desert that's where I can see the air strip once I get home and onto a lap top ill post a pic
edit on 8-3-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think that is the S4 site you are looking at.....where they are supposedly doing back engineering of ufo's...looks more like a ucav test area to me....!!!

Sv....out!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Area 51 borders the Nellis Range, which has a number of fake airstrips, and SAM sites.

Here's an interesting database for you guys. There are a surprising number of Russian SAM sites in the US.

geimint.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hmm you could be right your knowledge is far better than mine. It looks too modern to well built to be a dummy site but I don't know ill post a pic and co-ordinates in a bit so you know what I'm looking at

Again apologies for derailing this thread slightly I only posted it here because I didn't want to waste time making another thread

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The idea is to make them as realistic as possible. Some of them even have mockups of planes sitting on them in revetments. Then they put fake SAMs that shoot almost like fireworks around them, and they shoot at the Red Flag planes during the exercises.

There are a few desert airstrips out there as well that they fly into, such as TTR and a few others. So you could be seeing any of those. I love the fake airfields though, it's a lot of fun trying to figure out what type of fake planes they're supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

oh ok fair enough ill follow what ive said anyway ill post the pics soon literally doing it now im a bit slow though when it comes to computers ha. im sure it is fun im gutted i dont have areas near me or interesting sites to sit and watch i do like having a good nose around though

gonna give vulcan a star though as ive kinda ruined the thread

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Silentvulcan

sorry wasnt ignoring your reply. it could be a UAV strip the hangers are small only a fear storeage areas

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
*sigh* my computer doesnt want to play so here are to co-ordinates lol lot simpler

36o55'41.76" N
116o0028.43 W

sorry if ive wrote them incorrectly

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That is the Yucca Flat airstrip in Area 6. It has been used for UAV development. There was an older, unpaved strip on the lakebed that originally supported the Nevada Test Site, and was later used by Lockheed Martin for testing the P-179 Polecat UAV.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I thought it was but the marker on the google earth map was to the left of it so I wasn't sure .. Well that's solves that then I'm done messing up people's threads lol

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm currently sitting in Yuma, and just came through (and am going back through soon) Yucca. I'm not far from the Yuma Proving Grounds right now. Still hoping to see my first F-35 out of MCAS Yuma, but so far only 4 F-5s.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hope you've got your camera if you come on here saying 'I've just seen my first f-35' I'm gonna call pics or it didn't happen

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No, F-35s today, they were apparently grounded ahead of this big storm that's rolling through the area tonight. Did however see my first Osprey. We were sitting at a produce place getting loaded, and it went almost right over where we were sitting heading into Yuma. Sadly the only camera I have is my phone, and it went by too fast to even think about a picture.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How about this aircraft in the hangar?

High Bypass Turbofan Engine Nacelle on Large Aircraft Wing

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TAGBOARD
How about this aircraft in the hangar?

High Bypass Turbofan Engine Nacelle on Large Aircraft Wing

Its plant 42. There are a dozen plus hangers. Care to take a screen shot or give better directions? It'd be appreciated greatly.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TAGBOARD

That looks like a C-5 engine. It almost looks like a TF-33, but not much uses that anymore, but the wing drops from the top of the fuselage, so it's got to be either a C-5 or C-17, but the C-17 doesn't have any engine sticking back like that, so I'm going with a C-5.

This was as close as I could find to the same angle:

Another one:

edit on 3/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TAGBOARD

Correcting my earlier post. Apparently Skunk Works is performing MRO on C-5s in 602. We can only take them at their word.

‘C’ the Galaxy at Lockheed Martin Skunk Works

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I was going to guess S-3, but the scale is all wrong. It has to be the C-5.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join