It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt As Teenager Stabbed To Death On Bus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Before all the people come on and say "most watched people on the planet" blah blah blah most cameras are in private hands.
Now OP how can a camera stop crime? you think people are sitting behind a desk watching every camera 24/7? no.
The cameras are good for helping the police after the crime has been committed.
RIP young girl.

My point being is that you can have as many cams as you like out in the streets or on transport.... they wont prevent a death like the one in the OP!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
if CCTV was an active deterrent it would, by definition, never record a crime. and countless 'crime' TV show producers would weep bitter tears of loss.
edit on 7/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by RoScoLaz

That's funny. Though, I'm surprised they didn't say "22 year old youth". But wait, this happened in the U.K. Nm.

multiculturalism at its finest me thinks. I hope i'm wrong.

Earlier on the description given on Sky was of a "black youth with dark clothes".

The observation skills of some people astound me....i'm guessing in Birmingham you may need a little more to go on.

At least they got someone for it, lets hope it's the right person.

CX.

edit on 7/3/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Before all the people come on and say "most watched people on the planet" blah blah blah most cameras are in private hands.
Now OP how can a camera stop crime? you think people are sitting behind a desk watching every camera 24/7? no.
The cameras are good for helping the police after the crime has been committed.
RIP young girl.

My point being is that you can have as many cams as you like out in the streets or on transport.... they wont prevent a death like the one in the OP!

They will if it assists in catching the person that did it. IT means he can't go out and kill again. Without CCTV, you can guarantee crime rates would rocket as people realise they can get away with thefts, attacks, rapes etc.

I would much rather be watched over by a middle-aged bloke eating a pasty than a psycho with a knife.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i would much rather have a bus full of descent people with concealed carry licences because someone would have shot the guy dead and saved a life worth saving

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So much for hope for humanity

Its almost like bystanders get off on witnessing massacres, instead of jumping in to neutralize the agressor.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KamaSutra

That is true to an extent. I also believe some fear retaliation for intervening.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Cameras only act as a deterrent for people who don't want to get caught.... They don't do anything for someone with nothing left to lose.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You keep your cameras, I'll keep my guns.

Another life lost for no reason.

No one on that bus had the guts to take this guy out?
Nothing but cowards and slaves in my opinion!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Like I said most of the cameras are used by private people not the government....

It really doesn't matter who owns the cameras, it's not only governments that can be oppressive.

Capitalism is an authoritative economic system, and any form of authority can be tyrannical.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We talk about drones and no one cares about 1000s of cameras on the streets etc...hehe

I'm surprised there isn't a movement in London to destroy surveillance cameras, but add one drone with ONE camera and all hell breaks loose...go figure.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My exgirlfriends 16 year old sister was stabbed in the throat on prom night. She was on her way to prom and stopped at the local gas station. Some 25 year old dirt bag was hitting on her. She told him off so he stabbed her. Here in Detroit it didn't even make the news. She was white and he was black go figure.
edit on 11-3-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join