It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silvio Berlusconi jailed for one year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been convicted and sentenced to a year in jail over an illegal wiretap.

He was accused of arranging for a police wiretap concerning a political rival to be leaked and published in a newspaper run by his brother.

Mr Berlusconi is likely to appeal and will remain free in the meantime.

He is presently appealing against another conviction and faces two more verdicts in the coming weeks.

One of the rulings expected later this month is about tax fraud, and the other trial concerns allegations the he paid for sex with an underage prostitute.

In October last year, Mr Berlusconi was convicted in another tax fraud case and sentenced to a year in jail.

That conviction is currently subject to an appeal.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is an interesting story. I don't know much about Berlusconi, but I do know he took italy for a ride and threw caution to the wind, hence their current financial quagmire. I would be interested in hearing from Italian members, what was life like under Berlusconi?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Going to use your thread not mine, My pal comes from Italy and loves him but for all the wrong reasons he loves him because of his orgies etc he thinks he is cool and manly.
Me? dirty old bugger he is I hope he does time.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Might want to choose different friends, wouldn't trust anyone who idolizes someone so low on the humanity scale. Many people this day and age would join your friend without hesitation, which is why the world is run by psychopaths, paedophiles and megalomaniacs.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think you should edit the name of your thread, since he was actually sentenced to 1 year, not jailed. And there is doubt as to whether he will actually serve any of the time.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
I think you should edit the name of your thread, since he was actually sentenced to 1 year, not jailed. And there is doubt as to whether he will actually serve any of the time.

Agreed. What I heard this morning was that his attorneys...and he can afford an army of them...are appealling...AND there is some kind of freaky statute of limitations on this case, where if the courts don't slam dunk it in the next month or so, it has to be dropped all together. So the attorneys are planning to stall the case via appeals until it "expires"

top topics

join