It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sunstone' Crystal From British Shipwreck May Be Vikings' Legendary Navigation Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

'Sunstone' Crystal From British Shipwreck May Be Vikings' Legendary Navigation Aid

www.huffingtonpost.com

In 1592, a British ship sank near the island of Alderney in the English Channel carrying an odd piece of cargo: a small, angular crystal. Though cloudy and scuffed up from 4 centuries at the bottom of the sea, its precise geometry and proximity to the ship's navigation equipment caught the eye of a diver exploring the wreckage. Once it was brought back to land, a few European scientists began to suspect the mysterious object might be a calcite crystal, which they believe Vikings and other Europe
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
seafarers used to navigate before the introduction of the magnetic compass. A previous study showed that calcite crystals reveal the patterns of polarized light around the sun and, therefore, could have been used to determine its position in the sky even on cloudy days. That led researchers to believe these crystals, which are commonly found in Iceland and other parts of Scandinavia, might have been the powerful "sunstones" referred to in Norse legends, but they had no archaeological evidence to support their hypothesis—until now. After subjecting it to a battery of mechanical and chemical tests, the team determined that the Alderman crystal is indeed a calcite and, therefore, could have been the ship's optical compass, they report online today in the Proceedings of the Royal Society A. Today, similar calcite crystals are used by astronomers to analyze the atmospheres of exoplanets—perhaps setting the stage for a whole new age of exploration.

Yeah. A staff and a crystal block. Must of been to navigate the sea you know when there was no sea... Since when did vikings use blocks of crystal for tracing the stars? Yeah the material has been used. But that's a straight up block lol.

Seriously. I think that is an Atlantean artifact. Probably plundered from Greenland. And it was most likely being transported by the Free masons but it was lost. I have a feeling those artifacts might be very important.

They mention vikings but it was a British ship. Any thoughts guys?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It's been on the front page for quite some time already.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
of course, it comes from Atlantis! where else could it come from

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Is interesting they find this the same week the viking show premiers on history channel init it?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
of course, it comes from Atlantis! where else could it come from

And of course, "it was most likely being transported by the Free masons".

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
indeed it is didn't mean to highjack this thread. I did a search and i guess the article wasn't more refined.

Well they have it now
i believe forces are working around the clock to work some magic.

top topics

join