It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcircasurf
reply to post by chishuppu

Don't like your country? Move to a different one. Your ancestors did it, so can you. You want change? Fix it and stop whining, otherwise, sit down and shut up with the rest of the crowd.

Edit: Not a double post, just responding as the thread updates.
edit on 7-3-2013 by xxcircasurf because: (no reason given)

I see, you must be the brains of this operation. Sure let me just buy back our mines that make 8 to 15 billion a year, pay back our debt to the IMF, while hoping not to get freed from trying to free ourselves. Where do you people come from?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Oh another video here.
Warning It may make you weep.

It is in north korea but any kids starving is wrong I just do not understand how anyone can just walk past a starving child.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
E. M. P.

Missile launched from boat off west coast of US. Not the end of America but also not good.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SherlockH

What is this breaking? happening now?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
They claim that every Tuesday and Thursday, on Mondays they usually threaten an invasion, and on Saturdays they threaten to destroy the USA in a fire storm. Something to that effect at least.

Wake me up when something really important happens.

Im not so sure anymore.. once the UN imposes the sanctions hes gonna try something

Don't know why sanctions would bother little 'un.

He can try to magic up food out of thin air...God's are supposed to be able to do that sort of thing aren't they?

He's mouthing off too much for his own good...Nukes are an effective deterrent, as long as the boy who cried wolf syndrome doesn't creep in.

If he threatens to launch nukes at anyone who looks at him sideways or calls him a fat, no-neck git of a dictator...it'll become a 'yeah, yeah fatty..course you'll blow everyone up, we believe you lardy' and they'll lose their credibility to frighten anyone.

edit on 7-3-2013 by MysterX because: format error

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SherlockH
E. M. P.

Missile launched from boat off west coast of US. Not the end of America but also not good.

They can't manage ground launches much less sea launches. More, to really get a good EMP, you have to design for enhanced gamma production. It's the gammas that do the deed. You also really need to get it exoatmospheric to get a decent Compton effect. One day, they'll probably be able to do that and make it stick, but right now, they've got crappy little fizzle yield weapons and an undependable launch system.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

What is this breaking? happening now?

What do you think?

link   

Originally posted by chishuppu

You are from the UK, I am from Zambia a poor nation because of your nation, thanks for dropping the price of copper and forcing us to sell our mines then hiking it up again for Glencore. Want to meet the poor people your nation created, I have videos galore, thanks for playing.

You are more than welcome. Isn't it nice when a colonial thanks you for building their country for them. Hopefully more will be as grateful. The Indians could learn something from you.

You are far too fluent in the English language, and your replies come back at such a speed that it is impossible to believe you are really Zambian. If you are, then it is clear you have moved to one of the western nations you hate, probably my own. Thanks for playing. NEXT.

link   

Ruddy heck I thought you was saying it has just happened

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Perhaps, I for one don't know what capabilities they have or just who might secretly back them.
edit on 3/7/13 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Thats another thing isn't it how far will China back up NK? do the Chinese want the north to take over the south?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Thats another thing isn't it how far will China back up NK? do the Chinese want the north to take over the south?

Well they have recently backed calls for harsher sanctions, so this might signal a changing stance on NK. I doubt seriously that the Chinese would involve themselves in an attack on any western nation. Despite Chinese posturing and nationalistic hubris, they need the west more than we need them. They know having any links whatsoever to such an incident would be political and economical suicide.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The Chinese have been dealing with a refugee problem from North Korea for several years that has been one of the reasons they have backed off from helping North Korea. One of the border regions was flooded with refugees over the course of a few years.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I will be glad when the world leaders grow up and quit the war talk. Cooperation would be too easy and too pretty and definitely not as profitable.

Its a sick world... no matter what country you are in. People are starving here in the US as well, including but not limited to children... you think they care? Uh... NO! Kids are dying over here from starvation. We cannot free our self from the goof balls in office.... they just keep coming without a care in the world for the people. Its all about that money honey.

If N. Korea wants some.... they will get it. The people there will suffer more and two wrongs do not make a right.

It all disgusts me really.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I will be glad when the world leaders grow up and quit the war talk. Cooperation would be too easy and too pretty and definitely not as profitable.

Its a sick world... no matter what country you are in. People are starving here in the US as well, including but not limited to children... you think they care? Uh... NO! Kids are dying over here from starvation. We cannot free our self from the goof balls in office.... they just keep coming without a care in the world for the people. Its all about that money honey.

If N. Korea wants some.... they will get it. The people there will suffer more and two wrongs do not make a right.

It all disgusts me really.

Therin lies the point. We don't want the people of north korea to suffer, but we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If no action is taken, then they might attack, if we go in all guns blazing, then people will suffer and they will certainly attack.

Any chance of cooperation has gone out of the window thanks to the latest tests and threats.
edit on 7-3-2013 by MildCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MildCat

We are not stuck between a rock and hard place though.

Assassination works great.

Oh..... but..... its not profitable. The US likes profit, I think we can all agree on that one. We would rather go in, kill innocent people of the country rather than kill the leader we have issues with and or feel threatened by.

We could flatten that lil turd with a quickness... but again... no money to be made.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I think that would just make things far worse.
China wouldn't stand for that nor would many other countries in the world.
It is against every international law going.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Starving families of North Korea will recieve what these families got, a delicious bow of freedom.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by MildCat

We are not stuck between a rock and hard place though.

Assassination works great.

Oh..... but..... its not profitable. The US likes profit, I think we can all agree on that one. We would rather go in, kill innocent people of the country rather than kill the leader we have issues with and or feel threatened by.

We could flatten that lil turd with a quickness... but again... no money to be made.

Do they? They'll almost certainly have a standby ready to take power as soon as the round hits, 5 hours later, Seoul and Tokyo will exist only in the memory of those who lived there and survived. The US will almost certainly be attacked too.

Still think they work? Think again.

Still think that we aren't between a rock and a hard place? Well, none of us want the NK population to suffer more. It's bad enough as it is for them, and no matter what the ills of the government are, we cannot blame their people. Any attack on them or by them will cause the population to suffer worse than ever before. So how do we solve this problem? Talking has failed. Sanctions, and I can say fairly confidently the ones due today included, have failed. So how do we neutralise the threat of the Jong Il government without harming the already beleaguered population?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join