It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The US has been itching for years to nuke some place, but of course they need a pretext . Therefore, they needle some country, get THEM to do a pre-emptive strike, then it's 'all systems go!' As for Iran, I think we're a long way off something happening there. As for the British, their traditional enemy has always been the French so they might do a pre-emptive strike against the French who stopped us from joining the Euro. Or it could be the other way round as the French have never accepted the fact that the British saved them from the Germans during WWII. Pakistan also are getting a bit fed up with American droning and might pre-empt the US.
The US is an 'orrible place, always pushing their cultureless culture on other nations, installing puppet leaders wherever they get the chance, and trashing society's quality of life.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I will agree that I don't believe we really have any right to try and govern how other nations seek to defend themselves. At the same time though, if I take a dump at the edge of my yard, I have to think my neighbor is going to raise a few eyebrows...so I couldn't really blame him if he soaked me with the hose....

He responded to sanctions with death threats...(hence the "crazy" comment). Regardless of the trigger, he escalated it to an international threat of violence, which really opens him up to a sanctioned preemptive strike scenario...not a good place to be when even your staunchest ally signed off on the sanctions.

______

The US has been itching for years to nuke some place, but of course they need a pretext . Therefore, they needle some country, get THEM to do a pre-emptive strike, then it's 'all systems go!'

If this was true, we would have nuked Iraq.
The US doesn't want to nuke anybody. It would tick off the neighbors too much. And, why do so, when conventional weapons will do the job?
edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Economic sanctions are nothing more than you, an ordinary layman, boycotting your butcher selling his meat to you, for you realized that he had starved his own family, and used every single dollar of profit he earns off you, to build up gangs to beat and even kill you one day for he believes that you had it far too good and his life is a mess, fully unaware he alone is responsible for all his mess.

It is only a consumer right if we refuse to do biz with those whom seek to kill us. It would be stupid if we continue to patronise him, hoping he will change when all the while, he is hoping you DEAD.

We mankind, in the first place, were never responsible for another nation's economic performace. Management or MIS-MANAGEMENT, lays in its leaders attitudes towards its clients. They can scream and shout at its customers, the way Hugo Chavez did, but when enough is enough, customers will only turn away, and who loses?

Mostly it will be the management's fault, but often they escape unscathe. It is those whom are dependent on them, such as their own family or suppliers, whom will be the ones left in the lurch, of unpaid bills, stresses to the family, unemployment, etc..all unnecessary....if they would only find common grounds to live and let live in peace.

As for N.Korea, it only got itself to blame for stupidly putting themselves into such an unsustainable corner. The warnings were there long before, but in their hubris and wealth and power from corruption, they became deluded and now...the time to face up to realities had come, as it came for everyone else in our world, to admit to mistakes, correct errors and evolve.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
From another thread....

This trash-talking fat piece of lard better be careful what he says. The over-sized umpa lumpa will literally be sentencing his entire nation to death.

Besides, would anyone even notice if they did launch some kind of pi** poor nuclear attack?
It'd probably end up somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean anyway! In fact, he'd probably be doing archaeologists a huge favour in re-surfacing Atlantis or something.

They seem up for it nevertheless, a clip from the the state media's national newspaper claims:

"If the enemy comes at us with a dagger we’ll draw out a big sword to slice him in pieces, if he comes with a rifle we'll turn a big gun to blow him off...."

Blow us off...what is this...Some kind of homophobic gay rant? "My dads bigger than your dad"?....more like, "My dad will bum your dad!"

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I will agree that I don't believe we really have any right to try and govern how other nations seek to defend themselves. At the same time though, if I take a dump at the edge of my yard, I have to think my neighbor is going to raise a few eyebrows...so I couldn't really blame him if he soaked me with the hose....

He responded to sanctions with death threats...(hence the "crazy" comment). Regardless of the trigger, he escalated it to an international threat of violence, which really opens him up to a sanctioned preemptive strike scenario...not a good place to be when even your staunchest ally signed off on the sanctions.

______

The US has been itching for years to nuke some place, but of course they need a pretext . Therefore, they needle some country, get THEM to do a pre-emptive strike, then it's 'all systems go!'

If this was true, we would have nuked Iraq.
The US doesn't want to nuke anybody. It would tick off the neighbors too much. And, why do so, when conventional weapons will do the job?
Your right America has more compassion then any other nation on this planet.. Think if hitler had our technology, you think he would be so nice? NO although NK should be taken care of and they deserve a nuke dropped on them like most of the middle east deserves.. Most people want to get this over already.. NK is a ticking time bomb with China using them as their mouth piece.. It is like two people you tell *just do it already*.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
To all NK thread authors - It was getting a bit out of hand with all of the different threads going on, so needed to close many. I based keeping this one open, on being one of the earliest, and having the most pages of posts directly related to the most recent happenings with the topic. My apologies to the other authors for the needed closings, but many members stated it was getting a bit much. I've applauded each author of a closed thread, and though closed, they remain available to read for comments. This was done only out of interest of being best for the board. If you have any issue, please U2U me, and I will be happy to read it. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sh*ts about to hit the fan weather u like it or not 100 bucks says china or someone else has been providing them with war heads anything is possible don't count them out its time to wake up and be prepared for whats coming are way

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Sanctions don't solve problems, they exacerbate them! Communist nations have been under the UN microscope for many decades, ever since the end of WW2. It makes no sense to boycott their products and/or otherwise blockade them.

I don't fear communism, but some folks like you do. What I fear is the globalist agenda being run out of the UN and pushing nonsense on everyone. It is the same UN that wants to take guns away from americans. Since you are a right winger perhaps you can relate to that.

As for america please do not make me open pandoras box. What america has done in the name of fighting communism is much worse than the actual spread of communism. Nevermind the double standards when it comes to religious governments in the middle east. A jewish state called israel is A-ok but a muslim state called iran is not ok. This the message every reasonable person gets. It is sick and twisted.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backfire

Originally posted by dizziedame
You can bet your bippy many eyes are trained on NK. And all are just waiting for the word to take action.

Our military is the best in the world.. We can take out a target easily if we want to and with little damage to the area or civilians.
Is this not true?

I would be very scared if I lived in NK.

The USA will not advertize what it's real plans are and I have no doubt we have all possibilities covered.

By the way, is it possible to be a hawk and a dove at the same time?

To say your military is the best in the world is more about national pride, than actual fact. The US military has not fought a genuine world power since the 40's and even then America had its allies.

Personally, i have hard time believing North Korea will attack South Korea and would attack the United States. Those photos were it shows Kim Jung-un visiting the troops- I ask, hes is not acting way too calm and jokily? He not acting like a leader who is about about to press the button for his troops to attack!

I think this rhetoric is for domestic purposes to keep the morale up.

Also i would not trust China. Something is fishy about this. China knows America is no friend ( as they've given their support to Japan with the Diaoyu Islands dispute.

Yes, I love The United States of America. National pride oozes out of my skin.

The boy Leader of NK is a boy of 28 years. He is not mature and has not enough experience for his position.

Appearence is very important to NK. Just like any leader he has more than one public face to use when necessary.

Yes I too smell fish.but I smell it from more than one country including the USA. I stated I love my country. You will not hear me say I am proud of my government. There is a difference.

As far as trusting any country I trust none.

Will be very interesting if we ever get the truth concerning
this situation.

As far a my thoughts about our ability to win a war I believe we are more advanced than we can possibility imagine.

I married into the military in 1966. Believe me, Some of the computer equiptment I saw was way beyond anything I have seen since then. It was on the USS North Hampton which was at the time one of two of the US presidents flag ships. It is amazing where a cute little 19 year old girl can gain access to areas they are not ever supposed to see. A sweet smile, eye blinkling and a sultry kiss has been the downfall for men for centuries.

That's why women make excellent spies, especially blond silly woman with funny names.

I hope and pray the outcome of all this will turn out without a shot being fired.

Oh, I am in no way insinuating I am, was or ever wanted to be a spy.
I watch a lot of war movies and of course I am an avid James Bond fan.
And, having been raised in a town with a military base I heard lots of juicy stories.
Then traveling to different bases while a military wife I did hear a lot of talk of such women.

edit on 8-3-2013 by dizziedame because: to correct something

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You know, I'm a peace loving guy. I hate war just as much as every one.

But this just needs to end.

All this sabre rattling needs to stop and someone needs to pull the trigger. I had hopes that Kim Jong Un would actively seek negotiations with South Korea and that one day reunification would occur, but that hope looks more and more naive everyday.

I love Eastern Asian culture, every nation over there has a rich culture and history and has given the world some of the greatest art, philosophy, science, and pretty much everything else us humans tend to value. But North Korea abandoned that culture after the end of the Korean War. They elected to create a pseudo-theocratic communist culture marked by oppression and wicked nationalism that is reminiscent of Nazi Germany.

North Korea is probably the only modern nation I fear, I'm actually afraid for all the other nations around them. I dread turning on the news one day and seeing Seoul engulfed in flames, or Tokyo reduced to rubble because of the actions of these insane leaders. And you know what, they would not even care about the repercussions, they know that the US, China, and pretty much every other nation in the world would organize and wipe them out that same day, but the NK leaders would do it anyway, it would be their last hurrah, something that would fester in the minds of their citizens and encourage an even deeper seeded hatred of South Korea and its western allies.

I hope for a peaceful solution, but the news of late has been really feeding my misanthropy

edit on 8-3-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The funny part is...most people of the current generation have NO idea why Iran hates us... To be honest, they have good reason to hate us...we completely turned our backs on them (though at the time, seemingly with good reason). Originally, we were in bed with the Shah (leader of Iran) due to the oil, basically, the same kind of leader as Saddam. But, when he was ousted, we changed horses, and backed Saddam in Iraq...because the one who now lead Iran was the radical Khomeini. After the war between them, we pretty much washed our hands of both of them.

That's of course, a much more simplified version of events, but this was all in the 70's and 80's, so before many posters' time. Look it up for more details.

Kind of gets away from the whole NK issue though, as this is a much different situation... Same trigger (telling a nation it can't have nukes), but different rules when the only other world superpower has an interest in the game.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
North Korea is acting like a rabid dog. Do you know what you do with rabid dogs??? You put them down...

What I don't understand, and maybe someone can shed light on this for me, but why is it that the US had zero problem attacking Iraq when they "thought" they had nuclear weapons, but with North Korea, we have a leader who is threatening to USE them against us and we do nothing, well, nothing so far.... It just doesn't add up to me at all...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

here here, 3 cheers for doing that , when it comes to issues like this there should be one main thread not 20 or so, ok maybe not that many but it does seem like it, that said:
It has come to my attention that the wars games will be ending on the 11th www.af.mil... and then their is this

Separately, U.S. and South Korean troops will stage a computer-simulated drill named Key Resolve from March 11-21, involving 3,500 U.S. soldiers and 10,000 South Korean troops.

Read more: www.terminalx.org...
any bets?? ill bet the DPRK says it was victorious in defeating the US SK with out firing a shot. Stand down, this was just a drill, nothing more to see, move a long...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

North Korea is acting like a rabid dog. Do you know what you do with rabid dogs??? You put them down...

What I don't understand, and maybe someone can shed light on this for me, but why is it that the US had zero problem attacking Iraq when they "thought" they had nuclear weapons, but with North Korea, we have a leader who is threatening to USE them against us and we do nothing, well, nothing so far.... It just doesn't add up to me at all...

Iraq made the first move...when it invaded Kuwait.

That attack on another sovereign nation gave the UN the international green light (and thus the US as a member of the UN Security Council) to take action with the blessing (or at least blind eye) of the international community. Even other Arab nations thought the Iraqi action to be bad form.

Threats are different than actually invading your neighbor.

That's the difference.

As for thinking Saddam had WMDs...of course he had them....and we have the receipts! We gave him chemical weapons during the 80's! Of course, we also gave him two whole months to move a lot of planes and other materiel into Syria, Jordan, etc., etc.
That's why we didn't find any....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
One thing is for sure. This kid is asking for it. If not from a invasion. It could be from a top general. One of those old ones that worked under his father. They dont want to walk the plank for a little pimpled faced peice of lud. I think he has stepped way to far this time. Im also sure that China has strong contacts with those older wiser generals.
As for some people saying nuke NK. Well that would be smart. The people you are trying to protect, In South Korea, would suffer from radiation. Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Call me crazy but I don't think he's joking..... Or is this more MSM hype?

North Korea's leader placed his army on readiness to “annihilate the enemy” on Friday as the regime officially renounced all non-aggression pacts with its southern neighbour.

Kim Jong-un escalated his inflammatory response to a new round of United Nations sanctions by ordering troops on the border with South Korea to prepare for war.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

We'll shoot down their two missiles and then everyone will break out the drinks and coffee and have a party. While everyone is at celebration Russia will launch all their missiles.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Iraq invaded Kuwait in the early 90's. What about the recent campaign after 9/11?
edit on 8-3-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

This is hardly the first time NK has done this.....it's like the same lines, of the same old play....

Im also sure that China has strong contacts with those older wiser generals.

Now you're cooking with gas....and a coup with the silent support of China and the US wouldn't be out of the question....but will the international community buy it? Yeah...probably...

This would probably be the most "peaceful" resolution for the major players involved.

Iraq invaded Kuwait in the early 90's. What about the recent campaign after 9/11?

Oh, once you invade your neighbor, you're still allowed to be spanked if you completely keep telling mommy and daddy (the UN) "No!"..... Of course, that war had NOTHING to do with WMDs...or even oil...at least not directly...but that's a whole other conspiracy kettle of fish. Despite that, I do agree with the ousting of Saddam, from an international standpoint. If he succeeded in what he was trying to do behind the scenes, we could have seen a worldwide economic depression...and I'll leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

rt.com...

Hotline and communication between North and South Korea has been CUT:
Terminated;

rt.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join