It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

There are people in this world that are simply insane. They do not act through reason or logic. The fact is, we have absolutely no idea what is going through this kid's head. Is he simply putting on a show or is he legitimately insane? We simply don't know. And we shouldn't risk that assumption when it comes to countless lives.

North Korea has done this long enough and it needs to stop. Instead of pretending evil Muslims are under the bed, let's ask this guy to step down. And if he refuses, the world as a whole needs to come together and find a way to end this threat. The kid has nukes and has threatened to use them. I think that's something that should be taken very seriously.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Bacardi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I personally don't think the US or NATO would or could respond to a north Korean nuclear attack, with nuclear weapons as the affect it would have on their allies such as Japan, and south Korea would be devastating, not to mention that Russia and China share a border with north korea. I do think North Korea will attack the US, I don't think it's bluster this time as they have nowhere to go now, and nothing to loose anymore, How effective their attack will be is the question. We've seen them kick their toys out the pram before to receive aid but, China have also had enough of them, I believe our leaders will call their bluff, thinking he will ultimately back down. What we all don't realise, is that kim Ill Sung is revered to almost godlike proportions in North Korea and Kim jong Ill had to live up to that image and so does Kim Jong UN, if he backs down he's finished. Either way there will be an awful lot of bloodshed before this is over and it saddens me deeply.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
mental how this will just continue until they actually do something !

Where is the allied invasion , isnt this kind of behaviour par for the course !
man we invaded iraq for less ! and they didnt even have nukes

now we have a rogue nation threatening annihilation of the south
and we dont invade ! ( i say this sarcastically , im not for the invasion of any sovereign nation or the killing of innocents as a result) but cmon they are actually going to use nukes regardless of how much pressure they receive

oh thats right north korea doesnt have any natural resources worth anything
and they are surrounded by more communists , so the Allies arent going in there any time soon !

North Korea will use the nukes , no doubts in my mind !

and if it happens its because we allowed it to happen most likley to kick start something else !
edit on 8-3-2013 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MildCat

Originally posted by chishuppu
I love stupid people with one track minds, its like you are willingly stupid or maybe you just don't understand what a sanction is, or you don't know what a sovereign country means.

I love the rent-a-mobs who come to the defense of anyone claiming to be under attack from the west.

1. NK can carry as many nuclear tests as it wants within its borders, the US carries tests all the time yet I don't see anyone raising an issue.

NK is not the same situation as anyone else, not even Iran. NK is still at war with SK, and thus any testing can only be seen as aggressive. Plus, it is a disgrace that this state is funding nuclear weapons whilst the vast majority of its people are in a worse state than many african countries.

2. Dennis Rodman opened a channel for the Western people to know NK, but the govt and media shunned it. Instead of dialogue you would rather listen to people tell you about someone than from the person themselves. Its a tactic to keep the status quo, by refusing to acknowledge the other as normal you can keep them as an enemy or in case of old USA, blacks as slaves.

Good for him. Jane Fonda tried that once, didn't go well for her either. We have tried dialogue, for the last 50 years and it has gone absolutely nowhere. Unlike Iran, which now looks like it will comply with the UN, albeit after a long time.

3. A Sanction is an aggressive act which indangers the livelyhood of NK people therefore is an act of war, US embargo on Japan in 1940s was an act of war, sanctions are an aggressive act of war. Nothing pisses you off worse than being sanctioned by countries freely doing what you are doing claiming they are for peace when their coalition is invading other people.

A sanction is a display of the worlds anger and disgust at a certain action. This is what you agree to submit to as a member of the UN. Feel free to leave the UN if hearing people complain at the skewed priorities surrounding quality of life for your citizens in comparison to the militarisation dreams.

4. Leave NK alone, people don't know what is going on in their own cities govt, yet are knee deep in NK business.

No.

almost forgot, what is the difference between a Israeli preemptive strike threat and NKs strike threat?
edit on 7-3-2013 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

There is no difference. Both are outragous and both should be responded with by sanctions and embargoes. Both of these states have shown a deep disrespect for the international community.

Next.

Next? Lol...you didnt even refute the dudes opinions with any logic at all.

First, there is not ONE difference in what NK is doing and what Israel has done to the Palestinians for the last 50 odd years!! In fact...the UN has went after Israel EVERY SINGLE YEAR for human rights violations. What happens to them....not a #ing thing....no sanctions, just more foreign aid lol.

Why are SK and NK still at war?? Who actually decided that anyway? The US...UN...surely you cant claim that it was NK's idea silly, because it wasnt up until last week when Un decided to end the cease fire.

You claim it is okay for the USA to test nukes and crap, but the FACT remains that the US is the most aggressive country in the history if the universe. Worse than Germany in the 40's, worse than Stalin as well.

For cryin out loud...in the US you stupid tards are actually debating your dictator in chief on whether he can arbitrarioy KILL citizens with drones!!!!! Kim Un by comparison is a #ing SAINT!!!

None of your arguments have any logic whatsoever....none. You obviously are NOT capable of critical thought

Critically speaking....just because the US and her puppet allies in the UN decide NK shouldnt have nukes does not mean squat in the real world. I find it humorous that you defend Israel...THE BIGGEST HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATORS IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE...and then condemn a sovereign country who hasnt had one tenth the human rights violations. How absolutely arrogant of you....you are obviously an American lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You can bet your bippy many eyes are trained on NK. And all are just waiting for the word to take action.

Our military is the best in the world.. We can take out a target easily if we want to and with little damage to the area or civilians.
Is this not true?

I would be very scared if I lived in NK.

The USA will not advertize what it's real plans are and I have no doubt we have all possibilities covered.

By the way, is it possible to be a hawk and a dove at the same time?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Because when you say "I'm going to shell Seoul into oblivion" people look at you and go "Oh that's so cute." When you say "I'm going to drop a nuclear bomb on Seoul" people go "Ok, let's talk." It's all about the threat level. You're just as dead if you are standing under a conventional shell or a nuclear weapon, and won't care, but governments listen when you say "nuclear".

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Anyone ever watched the 1959 movie "The Mouse that Roared" ?

Pretty much the same thing. Scream bloody murder, then you receive a pacifier.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Russia and China to do BIGGEST EVER military drills off Japan and South Korea!

Scheduled for June

This is interesting, Russia and China will conduct their biggest ever joint military exercises off the coast of Japan and North Korea. In their joint anti-terrorism exercises there is expected to be 36 ships or more involved.

Is America, Japan, and South Korea OK with this?

Link 1

This link is from a Chinese website - just click the translate button on the top.

Chinese Link 2

edit on 8-3-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
You can bet your bippy many eyes are trained on NK. And all are just waiting for the word to take action.

Our military is the best in the world.. We can take out a target easily if we want to and with little damage to the area or civilians.
Is this not true?

I would be very scared if I lived in NK.

The USA will not advertize what it's real plans are and I have no doubt we have all possibilities covered.

By the way, is it possible to be a hawk and a dove at the same time?

To say your military is the best in the world is more about national pride, than actual fact. The US military has not fought a genuine world power since the 40's and even then America had its allies.

Personally, i have hard time believing North Korea will attack South Korea and would attack the United States. Those photos were it shows Kim Jung-un visiting the troops- I ask, hes is not acting way too calm and jokily? He not acting like a leader who is about about to press the button for his troops to attack!

I think this rhetoric is for domestic purposes to keep the morale up.

Also i would not trust China. Something is fishy about this. China knows America is no friend ( as they've given their support to Japan with the Diaoyu Islands dispute.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911

Is America, Japan, and South Korea OK with this?

What are they going to do if they aren't? They can't stop it from happening. Just like North Korea couldn't stop the US and South Korea from holding their annual training.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Whats it matter Washington isn't going to do anything until NK nukes someone.

If someone says their going to nuke you it's not something to be taken lightly. Hitler once said he was going to exterminate the Jews. No one believed him until he almost did. Is the world really going to sit back and wait?

I highly doubt NK has weaponized their capabilities. Whats going to happen once they do?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
oh you silly north korea talking about pre-emptive strikes don't you know we will pre-emp your pre-emp so you better pre-emp right now!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

I agree with everything you say. Also how do we even know that Kim even said those things? The one thing I dont understand with U.S. is, if we have Nukes then why cant any other country have nukes? If we really want a world with no Nukes we should lead by example and get rid of all our Nukes. It would be a lot easier to sway people's minds when we say "Look we have no Nukes why do you need them?"

I know a lot of Korean people and the one thing about them, They are very determined people. They also are very very short tempered, LoL so maybe he did say those things. But they are a very strong determined people who dont back down an inch. At least the Koreans I have been in contact with.

This reminds me of what my dad always use to tell me. Never pick a fight w/ a bum or with someone who has nothing to loose.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryOG

Also why didnt the US just send Dennis Rodman with some sort of poison he could of infected him already? Situation over. Case closed.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The USA probably has a starwars satellite sitting right over N Korea and a few Photon Torpedos
ready to go.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

I personally don't think the US or NATO would or could respond to a north Korean nuclear attack, with nuclear weapons

Wouldn't have to. Conventional weapons would be used to take out the missile and launch site upon a launch prep detection. Destroying a nuke with conventional weapons would not detonate the nuke. You would however, have the effect of a "dirty bomb" at the point where it was destroyed, but it would be fairly localized.

The USA probably has a starwars satellite sitting right over N Korea and a few Photon Torpedos
ready to go.

Nothing quite so grand, but google on Ground-Based Midcourse Defense, for an idea. GMD for short, though I have no idea what THAT would return...
edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

Or change the United States to make it what it is supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Might as well change the stars while we're at it....

NK launching a preemptive strike would be like Un slitting his own throat, and he knows it.
This is just more whining, hoping someone will give him a pacifier, though he's gone too far, and probably doesn't realize it.

China signing off on (instead of vetoing) the latest resolutions should have been his first clue....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The luciferian bankers(capitalists) have successfully brainwashed lots of folks into becoming their useful idiots as they ruthlessly attack religious and communist regimes in order to push their demonic globalist agenda.

The UN is their playground. It is no longer an international community of diplomats striving for peace and prosperity as it should be, rather an elitist community hellbent on dominating nations with corporate imperialism at mind. Use the UN to interfere in once sovereign nations, to exploit their natural resources and create slave labor conditions. It is no coincidence every nation on this planet has a private central bank and that syria, iran and north korea are being targeted for this reason. They will use a multitude of real or exaggerated excuses to demonise, choke and eventually invade those nations.

Russia and China are guilty as well but on a smaller scale. They too establish alliances for oil and weapons trading.

In fact one can say the Security Council itself is one giant warmongering racket! I wish we would stop hating people for what they believed in and started becoming more accepting. If you don't like someone then simply avoid them. There is no need for such great tensions. I think everyone has grown tired of these conditions fearing for their lives and having accomplished so much only to see everything going down the drain.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Might as well change the stars while we're at it....

NK launching a preemptive strike would be like Un slitting his own throat, and he knows it.
This is just more whining, hoping someone will give him a pacifier, though he's gone too far, and probably doesn't realize it.

China signing off on (instead of vetoing) the latest resolutions should have been his first clue....

The choking sanctions are what caused him to break or almost break. THIS is what should be addressed rather than people playing him as crazy. Crazy is a relative term, not absolute. Everyone is crazy to some extent.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join