It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justified anger/rage.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
anger and rage is a waste of time and only hurts you.You can only control your thoughts and actions, getting angry over something that you have little or no control over is just a waste of energy and emotions.
I think people with over inflated egos and exaggerated views of their self worth usually get angry easier than other people.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

Originally posted by mideast

The level of consciousness is driving me wild at this place

Find some patience.

Jesus was a great and just judge and he had patient when he was living with ignorant people.

And patience has reward in religion , otherwise it seems stupid.

Yeah, the bible has all sorts of things to say about anger, wrath, rape, murder, slavery, etc..Certainly use THAT as a moral compass...

Yes

But materialism always try to pick it's way and give new instruction which are either false or copy of what religion had told us before.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

What does materialism has to do with morality? Materialism says that only the material world exist - that is all. Any morality would be something additional to the philosophy of materialism..

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by mideast

What does materialism has to do with morality? Materialism says that only the material world exist - that is all. Any morality would be something additional to the philosophy of materialism..

I believe that we could fight for days on what Materialism is and what it isn't.

The fact is that there is no unique definition.

Materialism says that only the material world exist

And that means that anything beyond it doesn't exist. That is simple.

Like Muslims say "Allah is the only god" , which means there is no god but allah.

That is what the word "only" is is doing in the sentence.

Materialism is no evolving way of thinking. Eastern materialism failed decades ago and the western is going to fail soon.

And if Materialism accepts spiritual side, it is not Materialism anymore.

It is the good old religion with another name.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Materialism is no evolving way of thinking.

"evolving" is an pretty vague word. If by "evolving way of thinking" you mean "changing perception/philosophy over time through the pursuit of knowledge". I would say that materialism can do that, but I would agree that if idealism/spiritualism is true then there are much more philosophical ways of thinking that can be applied.

For example,
One can be a skeptic materialist (one believes only in the material and always question things).
One can be a hedonistic materialist (one who believe only in the material and live for pleasure).
One can be a stoic materialist (believes only in material and that there should be detachment from emotion).

There are many combinations...

And if Materialism accepts spiritual side, it is not Materialism anymore.

What if through material studies scientists finds out that there is no "spiritual" and all of these "spirits" that exist is just energy, a different type of physical existence which happens to be more fluid than solid?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What if through material studies scientists finds out that there is no "spiritual" and all of these "spirits" that exist is just energy, a different type of physical existence which happens to be more fluid than solid?

I will listen to them if they find what is spirit.

But giving names to what they don't know , is not going to solve anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

ANGER is a Positive Thing
as without Anger People will take advantage of you.
90% of People in America weren't ANGRY about Vietnam
and the GOV was able to pull it off killing about at least 500,000 Americans
almost 59,000 killed in Vietnam and maybe another 500,000 from Cancers
caused by Agent Orange posioning.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BaltimoreBob

yes, anger can be positive. There are those that say it probably isn't, but they just had a weird twitch, they'll surely get by if you show them the right examples.

Isn't an angerless women called a sl*t, in english?

They get raped all the time, not? They attract...... anger. Anger can have many causes.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here's a song I've found to be appropriate

"Whenever she hears raging, she takes life away.."

Ice queen, from dutch band 'Within Temptation'

listen:

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join