It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Analysts React to Osama bin Laden Video and questions for the Arab World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Does anyone else have any links to information on the Arab world reaction to Osama's addmission? I mean for many they never believed it and even thought the Isreali's did it, Heck we even have folks in here that think elements within the US did it.

What reactions have you heard? And what do you expect to see?

Arab Analysts React to Osama bin Laden Video

Some analysts in the Middle East say a videotaped statement from Osama bin Laden broadcast Friday marks the first time the al-Qaida leader has taken direct responsibility for the 2001 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington. Ursula Lindsey in Cairo spoke to some analysts there, and has this report.

Osama bin Laden seen in videotape released Oct. 29, 2004 Mohamed Abdel Moneim Saiid, the head of the al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies in Cairo, says Osama bin Laden has taken full responsibility for the September 11th attacks for the first time. Some in the Arab world have theorized that the attacks were carried out by Israel's secret service or by the CIA.
"Here, he is talking about: 'we planned it, we made it, for so and so and so.' And that is a very big, I would say, confession," he said. :And that will be a big blow to many of the conspiracy theorists in the Arab world."

Mr. Saiid says the terrorist leader's main message to the American people is that the conflict between al-Qaida and America is based on U.S. policies in the region.

www.bakutoday.net...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The battle of Ossama is based only on the Bush familly policy in the muslims countries. Ossama talks about the bad business of the Bush, of the bin ladden familly and the chefs of Arab countries, juste like Saddam. He talks about death that he doesn't like, but death he was to give to wake up people. He also say that Al Qaeda is nothing to trust for freedom. Does it means that Al Qaeda is no more under Ben Ladden?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchy
The battle of Ossama is based only on the Bush familly policy in the muslims countries. Ossama talks about the bad business of the Bush, of the bin ladden familly and the chefs of Arab countries, juste like Saddam. He talks about death that he doesn't like, but death he was to give to wake up people. He also say that Al Qaeda is nothing to trust for freedom. Does it means that Al Qaeda is no more under Ben Ladden?

As much as I hate Bush, this problem isn't only his. It isn't Bush policy in the Mid East, it is American policy in the Mid East that is the problem. Bush has not been in power for the last 50 years.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Wask]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
How true, the Arabs have hated us a long time.....

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think if it wasnt Osama he's admitting to it because the whole world pretty much thinks he did so he might as well take credit... he never said he condemned it though so i dont hink it matters if he did or not now, because if he didnt, he's been inspired... And lets face it, if you were accused for something you didnt do and everyone was after you and basically you had no chance of proving your innocence... wouldnt you just go do the crime you were going to be punished for...

I'm not saying he did or didnt do it (9/11 that is) but the whole world sure thinks he does...

The Arab world (and the muslim world in general) doesnt like the USA much right now... and it has been going downhill drastically over the last 4 or 5 years... I come from an Islamic background, and i know they dont like OBL either... so really i think the muslim world is happy to watch the extremists and the USA destroy each other.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've heard no reaction about the tape. Do you really expect the Arabs to react? I haven't seen any major outrage about the extremist in the Arab world. The only thing I can think of to denounce what I have seen is that they are protesting but the US media isn't showing the outrage. Somehow I find this hard to believe. So, IMO, what do you expect to discover? Then there are those that will think the tape is a fake. It goes on and on. But that's OK for this site because that is what this site is about.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
I've heard no reaction about the tape. Do you really expect the Arabs to react? I haven't seen any major outrage about the extremist in the Arab world. The only thing I can think of to denounce what I have seen is that they are protesting but the US media isn't showing the outrage. Somehow I find this hard to believe. So, IMO, what do you expect to discover? Then there are those that will think the tape is a fake. It goes on and on. But that's OK for this site because that is what this site is about.

It is kinda of like trying to find the tapes of the Arabs celebrating on 911, I cant seem to find any...I know the cnn one was faked but there are none to be found as far as I can see.

new topics

top topics

join