It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun-control drive to get first votes in Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Gun-control drive to get first votes in Congress

www.newsdaily.com

WASHINGTON, Mar. 7, 2013 (Reuters) — Less than three months after the Connecticut school shooting, a campaign to tighten gun laws that is backed by President Barack Obama will go to its first votes in Congress on Thursday when a Senate panel meets.

The Democrat-controlled Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to approve the four bills that make up the gun-control package in voting over the next day or so.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Oh no. Its happening. Well ATS i think you guys called this one, on Thursday they are going to discuss gun control.

i believe over the passed few weeks there has been mention of talk of these bills coming through. Seems they sneaked this one in as planned. They mention it. Then bust it out when no one is paying attention. Lets all talk about drones. lol.
read the link for further details.

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

But reviving an assault-weapons ban that ran out in 2004 has almost no chance in Congress due to opposition from Republicans and even some Democrats.

This is good to hear but for the record, theres no such thing as an "assault" weapon.

Looks like they'll just be passing a bunch of nothing for the sake of passing something.

"We have to do something". Really? Havent you clowns in DC done enough already...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i know right. And they plan on doing this under the radar.... the choice of words he uses Those are all excuses.

I say disarm the politicians and hire some new guns. lol. We did that in Canada a couple times when we didn't like someone tho steven harper is like a virus. Once his our unwanted leader there is no way to remove him

* were not gunna take your second amendments away because someone said something bad about you down the street* quote from that douche.

So what does that mean for all of us?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Well, this was to be expected. Im expecting all these bills to be voted out of committee, and then will see the Senate floor problably atleast by April.

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's prospects for winning near-universal background checks for gun purchases seemed shaky as the Senate Judiciary Committee prepared for Congress' first votes on curbing firearms since December's horrific shootings at a Connecticut elementary school.

Meh, dosent look like anything that will affect us gun owners will pass. Heck, the universal background check is having trouble, and they are still trying for an AWB? Here's my view on the bills that'll be voted out of committee today.

Cracking down on illegal firearms trafficking - I support passing this bill, and think it will definantly pass.

More security in schools - 100% behind this.

As for the "high cap" magazine ban (I call them standard capacity magazines), the universal background checks, and the horrible AWB - No. Just No.

100% no to the magazine ban, 100% no to the AWB. For the background checks,,,,why not just open up NICS to private sellers? If a private seller wants to use what an FFL uses for a backgound check, then let them.
edit on 7-3-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
ANY AND ALL gun control in the United States is unconstitutional.

Shall not be infringed is not hard to comprehend.

top topics

join